OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
El Chapo is really good. Not as good as Narcos but a tier below.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Figured I'd throw a couple of Netflix shows in there if anyone is into Sci-Fi/dystopian future shows.

Travelers and 3% are both phenomenal.

Travelers is Canadian based (I think) and 3% is Brazil based (the show is in Portuguese). Doesn't take away from the experience at all.

I found myself very immersed in both shows. Both are really well written and 3% is just the right amount of f***ed up.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Really? I was 3 episodes in and was kinda meh. Might need to give it another look.

I’d recommend you give it a longer try. Pretty soon the independent storylines become intersected and more intricate in their own rights. It finished well at the end of season 1 and season 2 picked it up right there and then took it to another level again. I’m looking forward to each new episode the same way I’m looking forward to BCS.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Went through Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime, starring John Krasinski. Became a fan of his after binging on The Office and seeing his horror flick A Quiet Place. Jack Ryan started strong then weakened but finished relatively strong. Due to it being only 8 episodes, they had to take some plot liberties and logic jumps along the way.

Recommend Isle of Dogs, the stop-motion animated movie by Wes Anderson.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Went through Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime, starring John Krasinski. Became a fan of his after binging on The Office and seeing his horror flick A Quiet Place. Jack Ryan started strong then weakened but finished relatively strong. Due to it being only 8 episodes, they had to take some plot liberties and logic jumps along the way.

Recommend Isle of Dogs, the stop-motion animated movie by Wes Anderson.

Still weird to wake up in a world where John Krasinski and Chris Pratt play action heroes.

Reactions: Sarge13

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
The Man In The High Castle is awesome! Hopefully season 3 will be out soon, you guys should check it out.

Reactions: jacko23

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Still weird to wake up in a world where John Krasinski and Chris Pratt play action heroes.

To their credit, both got in shape. Krasinski has been breaking typecast for sure, first with 13 Hours and then with A Quiet Place. He was completely ripped and anti-Jim Halpert in 13 Hours.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Finally finished Breaking Bad. Need a break before I try to tackle Better Call Saul.

Found the ending a little unfulfilling.

Will take Americans over BB, but BB truly was a great show.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Some shows I buzzed through recently:

Maniac
(2018/Netflix) - ★★★★☆
Two strangers are drawn to a mysterious pharmaceutical trial that will, they're assured, with no complications or side-effects whatsoever, solve all of their problems, permanently. Things do not go as planned
Stars: Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, Justin Theroux

Gypsy (2017-/Netflix) - ★★★☆☆
Therapist Jean Holloway becomes too immersed in the lives of her patients
Stars: Naomi Watts, Billy Crudup

Derek (2012-2014/Netflix) - ★★★★★
Derek is a loyal nursing home care assistant who sees only the good in his quirky co-workers as they struggle against prejudice and shrinking budgets to care for their elderly residents.
Stars: Ricky Gervais, Kerry Godliman

The Terror (2018-/AMC) - ★★★★★

In 1848, two real life warships, HMS Terror and HMS Erebus, sent on a Royal Naval expedition to find the treacherous Northwest Passage become trapped in ice near Arctic and face starvation, mutiny, cannibalism and a demonic polar bear.
Stars: Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, Paul Ready

The Sinner [S01] (2017-/Netflix) - ★★★★☆

When a young mother inexplicably stabs a stranger to death, a sympathetic detective struggles to unlock the mystery buried in her missing memories.
Stars: Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman, Christopher Abbott

The Hunt (2015/Netflix) - ★★★★★

Produced by the team that created BBC's "Planet Earth" series, "The Hunt" explores the relationship between predators and their prey. Sir David Attenborough narrates this documentary while the cameras follow the animals in their natural habitats.
Stars: David Attenborough

Last edited:
Reactions: pdogfizzle

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Sorry this is OT in an OT thread... but anyone know where I could post an Ebay link to? I wanted to let the Ranger community know that I put up what is seemingly a rare collection (NYR Stanley Cup DVD set) for auction. NHL.com sold it around 2006 and it's nowhere to be found now. It includes 14 games (NJ and VAN) and the original 1994 championship film. I can't believe I'm even selling it, but would like a little extra cash.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Sorry this is OT in an OT thread... but anyone know where I could post an Ebay link to? I wanted to let the Ranger community know that I put up what is seemingly a rare collection (NYR Stanley Cup DVD set) for auction. NHL.com sold it around 2006 and it's nowhere to be found now. It includes 14 games (NJ and VAN) and the original 1994 championship film. I can't believe I'm even selling it, but would like a little extra cash.
Salesman of the year right here.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Been watching another female prison show on Netflix called Wentworth.Just started season 2 and its pretty good so far.Will be diving back in for the 2nd season of Castlevania soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad