OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
You really should put this as a spoiler being that I have not seen the latest season and could be potentially spoiling it for others as well

With all due respect, I didn't spoil anything. Lots of shows announce final seasons ahead of time, and Lindelof was no different. It was made known that Season 3 was the last. And this happened a while ago, so it is fairly old hat.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
With all due respect, I didn't spoil anything. Lots of shows announce final seasons ahead of time, and Lindelof was no different. It was made known that Season 3 was the last. And this happened a while ago, so it is fairly old hat.
Season 3?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Loved The Leftovers! So emotionally touching. Had my daughter learn to play "The departure" by Max Richter:

Amazing job! I listen to his albums at work all the time. The Blue Notebooks and 24 Postcards in Full Color are my favorites. One of my favorite shows too (it was torture watching it week-to-week waiting for new episodes. His soundtrack to the Black Mirror episode Nosedive is beautiful. You should check out "on reflection" you like "the departure".

Last edited:
Reactions: kovazub94

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Better than season 2 in my opinion. And they have clearly given themselves a runway of how the show will continue. But we can catch up on that once you are finished with season 3.

Just finished Narcos S3 and that was very good. Had doubts how it was going to go without both Escobar and Murphy but Pena killed it and the 2 new DEA agents were good. Not great acting by any stretch of imagination but the way they were it somehow works in that setting. How much do you despise Miguel's son David? I could watch a spin off show with him as a villain any day. Shame they got him. Another one you despise is Navegante, the hitman for Cali. Now off to Mexico and chase that Amado guy and Pacho's mate. Michael Pena and Diego Luna are supposed to be in S4. I like both so bring it on.

If i had to rank them:
S1
S3
S2

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just finished Narcos S3 and that was very good. Had doubts how it was going to go without both Escobar and Murphy but Pena killed it and the 2 new DEA agents were good. Not great acting by any stretch of imagination but the way they were it somehow works in that setting. How much do you despise Miguel's son David? I could watch a spin off show with him as a villain any day. Shame they got him. Another one you despise is Navegante, the hitman for Cali. Now off to Mexico and chase that Amado guy and Pacho's mate. Michael Pena and Diego Luna are supposed to be in S4. I like both so bring it on.

If i had to rank them:
S1
S3
S2
The two new agents were great. Looking forward to see how the show evolves further as they move away from all things Columbia.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Just finished the latest season of Orange is The New Black.Pretty solid but i expected better.Probably because last season was so damn good and i foolishly expected a repeat.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just finished the latest season of Orange is The New Black.Pretty solid but i expected better.Probably because last season was so damn good and i foolishly expected a repeat.

I'm in the middle of it and this season is different but I can't specifically verbalize in what way. Maybe because of the setting we are missing the depth of the interpersonal dynamic between the characters. I'm at episode 5 and I'm definitely missing at least 2 regulars from prior seasons.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Spoilers sorta...

Jurassic world fallen kingdom is one of the more mean spirited movies I've ever seen. But it's not smart, fun or action packed enough to get away with it.

Yknow the trope where a disaster is happening and the movie goes for the emotional pull via fleeing animals who baaarely make it out alive? This movie has
the animal paw at the ledge of a dock in a complete panic. Everyone watches in horror as it's swallowed up by pyroplastic ash and fire, screaming for help.

The triceratops flailing, kicking and crying uselessly as it sinks below the water was a real treat.

Went home to watch Russian puppy stomping videos, Sarah McLachlin commercials on repeat, and then Sophies Choice just for a pick me up after that movie.

Jesus christ. "So preoccupied with if they could that they never stopped to think if they should".

There was a super interesting idea involving dinosaurs terrorizing what amounts to dog fighters and the second half used a really cool setting to pull off all the thrills and emotions that come with watching a person desperately escaping a horror movie killer.

The movie also made its killer a total imbecilic "velociraptor super predator" that can lose a straight line race down a massive hallway against an 8 year old.

How do you control a super predator? Use a gun with laser sighting. Aim it at the target. Pull the trigger. The raptor will hunt the target down. Why not just use bullets? Idk. They cost more than a 500 lb beast i guess lol.

At the end of the movie
the dinosaurs are put in a gas chamber for reasons that were way too contrived. If our hero's hit a red button then these dinosaurs will go out into the world, terrorizing and murdering people for a day or two. If they don't hit the button we get to watch dinosaurs cry out in pain as cyanide gas fills the room and destroys their insides.

Be amazed as your favorite dinos
-whine and try to bust out of the pens in vain
-start keeling over
-shudder in agony
-stand over their screaming young, helpless to do anything about it

Oops...they hit the red button. All the dinos run out and the movie narration implies that theyll take over the world. The govt wont be able to easily assemble teams of fighter jets to annihilate them
3/10. Awful

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, the last one was fairly mean-spirited, too. We had like a minute and a half scene where that girl was brutally (basically) tortured and drowning before she was finally eaten. All for being on the phone too much.

I don't get it. Way too mean-spirited.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Better Call Saul season 4 starts tonight

Can't wait but then a week's wait between episodes is terrible. Question is do I have discipline to dvr it so I can watch 2-3 episodes at once.

In meantime I'm on American Horror Show season 3 to get me through. Seasons 1 and 2 were great!

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone follow The Affair on Showtime? I don't get Showtime anymore but followed the first three seasons when I had it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
just sticking my head in to say quick hello, and on TCM the other day, I saw, fr. 1958, The Brothers Karamazov [sp?].

The kicker is William Shatner is one of the brothers [Alexei]
!!!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Anyone follow The Affair on Showtime? I don't get Showtime anymore but followed the first three seasons when I had it.

Season 4 is half-way through. After season 3 I thought the story was over, and so watching this season it feels like a setup for a new story.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Better Call Saul season 4 starts tonight
I am holding off on this until I get done with Breaking Bad. 1 episode into Season 4.

For those that like historical shows, am a big fan of Last Kingdom & Vikings. Also, Man in High Castle comes back next month on Amazon Prime. That's a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad