OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Deleted member 23124

Absolutaly...well said. Not sure if you've watched the series "Justified" but if you haven't, you need too. Olyphant is phenomenal in that series as US Marshall Raylan Givens(coincidence? I think not).

His off beat demeanor here as once again a US Marshall in Fargo is very reminiscent of his portrayal of Givens in Justified which is another underrated classic that no one talks about however if you've seen it, it quickly becomes one of your favorite series ever.
Did you like Oliphant in Deadwood?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Did you like Oliphant in Deadwood?

Yeah I did...quite a bit. So isn't that interesting...Olyphant plays Sheriff Seth Bullock in Deadwood....US Marshal Raylan Givens in Justifed and now he plays another US Marshall in Fargo. Talk about being type cast....lol.

Nah just kidding. I love his acting chops and think Olyphant is one of the best actors out around.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah I did...quite a bit. So isn't that interesting...Olyphant plays Sheriff Seth Bullock in Deadwood....US Marshal Raylan Givens in Justifed and now he plays another US Marshall in Fargo. Talk about being type cast....lol.

Nah just kidding. I love his acting chops and think Olyphant is one of the best actors out around.

Olyphant plays a husband in hilarious Netflix comedy Santa Clarita Diet.

Reactions: Maximus

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Love Olyphant.

Was good as Agent 47. Great as Bullock. Fantastic as Raylan.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Absolutaly...well said. Not sure if you've watched the series "Justified" but if you haven't, you need too. Olyphant is phenomenal in that series as US Marshall Raylan Givens(coincidence? I think not).

His off beat demeanor here as once again a US Marshall in Fargo is very reminiscent of his portrayal of Givens in Justified which is another underrated classic that no one talks about however if you've seen it, it quickly becomes one of your favorite series ever.

One of my old time faves is Justified. Olyphant and Goggins just nail it.

We dug coal together.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
One of my old time faves is Justified. Olyphant and Goggins just nail it.

We dug coal together.

No doubt. Glad to read there is someone besides me who loved Justified. And your so right about Olyphant and Goggins as the dynamic between the two in their roles as Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder is just about as magical as Jesse Pinkman and Walter White in Breaking Bad maybe even more so.

Reactions: darko

Deleted member 23124

No doubt. Glad to read there is someone besides me who loved Justified. And your so right about Olyphant and Goggins as the dynamic between the two in their roles as Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder is just about as magical as Jesse Pinkman and Walter White in Breaking Bad maybe even more so.
Definitely the best "frenemies" pairing every written!!! (IMO!!)

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

Olyphant is just crushing the 'Fargo' role. I never saw 'Justified', but I've always been a Goggins fan. Got to work with him last year right before his 'Unicorn' show came out, what a sweet and hilarious guy IRL.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gomorrah HBO International

Not nearly as good in English but easier to listen than read subtitles. Loses its’ edge but if you never watched the Italian version you might get hooked.

Still, one of the greatest character transformations ever. Have to watch to understand.
Talk about best show no one ever talks about! Maybe I’m biased but to me it makes the sopranos look fake and average and that’s saying a lot.

It’s had issues taking off in the United States for various reasons but it’s such an amazing freaking show.

Deleted member 23124

Olyphant is just crushing the 'Fargo' role. I never saw 'Justified', but I've always been a Goggins fan. Got to work with him last year right before his 'Unicorn' show came out, what a sweet and hilarious guy IRL.
Did you see Vice Principals....NEVER in my wildest imagination did I think of Goggins doing comedy...but the man had me cracking up big time --- hell, he cracks me up a lot in his serious roles....especially as Shane on The Shield.

Deleted member 23124

Hey Max -- check your conversations.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Did you see Vice Principals....NEVER in my wildest imagination did I think of Goggins doing comedy...but the man had me cracking up big time --- hell, he cracks me up a lot in his serious roles....especially as Shane on The Shield.

Vice Principals was FANTASTIC.

... but have you seen the Gemstones ?

He crushed it in that as well.

Reactions: kovazub94

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Neither Blofeld, Scaramunga his henchman Nick Nack or even p***y Galore could take out the invincible James Bond.

It took the bizzare wacky insanity that is 2020 to finally do in 007!

The greatest Bond of all and it's not even remotely close or in same stratosphere Sean Connery died and for those of us old enough to remember him when he was in his prime, this guy was the coolest of the cool even when he wasn't James Bond.

Sad day as too many of our hero's both in sports and the entertainment field are leaving us.

2020 can't end soon enough!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
OK peeps....just binged over the weekend "The Queens Gambit" on Netflix and I gotta say it's my favorite new series I've seen this year. It's only 7 episodes but each episode is so friggen good.

Not sure any of y'all are old enough to remember who Bobby Fisher is/was but back in the early 70's during the height of the cold war with the Soviet Union, Fisher who was this ridiculously amazing chess prodigy and a total wacko nutjob as well, made chess somewhat cool back than even for sports jocks like me as I learned how to play chess and became pretty good at it.

Anyways long story short, the Queens Gambit is kind of like the female version of Bobby Fisher as the actress who portrays Beth Harman is just phenomenal in her portrayal of this female chess prodigy. If you end up watching it which I highly recommend, the eyes on this actress are the wildest most insanely entrancing eyes I think I've ever seen on a person. You'll see what I mean when you watch it.

So the Queens Gambit...put it on your must see list...cheers-Roger Ebert...lol

Reactions: kovazub94

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The greatest Bond of all and it's not even remotely close or in same stratosphere Sean Connery died and for those of us old enough to remember him when he was in his prime, this guy was the coolest of the cool even when he wasn't James Bond.

Sad day as too many of our hero's both in sports and the entertainment field are leaving us.

2020 can't end soon enough!!
Connery was the closest that resembles Ian Fleming's hero.

One of the greatest lines in Bond history: "You expect me to talk?" "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die".

Funny story, before he died, Roger Moore was on twitter. One day, a fan pinged, essentially saying that it was his birthday and he wanted a shout out from the greatest Bond ever. To which, Sir Roger responded with "I don't think Sean is on Twitter though".

And yes, on 2020.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
OK peeps....just binged over the weekend "The Queens Gambit" on Netflix and I gotta say it's my favorite new series I've seen this year. It's only 7 episodes but each episode is so friggen good.

Not sure any of y'all are old enough to remember who Bobby Fisher is/was but back in the early 70's during the height of the cold war with the Soviet Union, Fisher who was this ridiculously amazing chess prodigy and a total wacko nutjob as well, made chess somewhat cool back than even for sports jocks like me as I learned how to play chess and became pretty good at it.

Anyways long story short, the Queens Gambit is kind of like the female version of Bobby Fisher as the actress who portrays Beth Harman is just phenomenal in her portrayal of this female chess prodigy. If you end up watching it which I highly recommend, the eyes on this actress are the wildest most insanely entrancing eyes I think I've ever seen on a person. You'll see what I mean when you watch it.

So the Queens Gambit...put it on your must see list...cheers-Roger Ebert...lol

I see where you drew parallels with Bobby but this show seems to portrait a person who could use intellect to do other things well, not just play chess.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not much of a Star Wars fan... But I must admit The Mandalorian is a fantastic show, and baby Yoda is the cutest f***ing thing in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad