OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Can you kill the wife....?

I might be able to help...?!

Aw hell nah! she'd just return like a force ghost to haunt me for the rest of my days. I'd rather be thrown into a sarlacc pit than piss that woman off ...which is hard to do because she is a gem. No really, I mean it, I think she is really awesome and I'm not just saying that because she could see this post at some point in the future...

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Coming down the last few episodes of Fargo and I keep chomping at the bit for the following Sunday to hurry up and be here. That is a tell tale sign a show is very good.

Always felt the same way with the Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Justified, Better Call Saul....etc. Fargo is certainly in the vicinity of those other great TV shows at least in my book it is.

Deleted member 23124

Vice Principals was FANTASTIC.

... but have you seen the Gemstones ?

He crushed it in that as well.
Never heard of Gemstones. I looked it up. Have to say I'm leery about watching it....I am not fond of McBride.

Anyone watch Goggins in the Unicorn?

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Never heard of Gemstones. I looked it up. Have to say I'm leery about watching it....I am not fond of McBride.

Anyone watch Goggins in the Unicorn?

Yeah, I feel you. He is just so good at making fun of rednecks, I can't help but follow his HBO stuff - his films are way more hot and cold for me.

I haven't ventured into the Unicorn yet, but I haven't heard anything bad about it.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Shot an 88 which is a little higher than my handicap which is 14 but it was a gorgeous day and we had a blast!
That's about where I am at..give or take a stroke depending on the day and who I am playing with . We have a good group and usually play 80+ rounds from mid May to Mid October . Our local course hosted the Big Break TV show a few years ago...Mill River....great course ...cheap for us about 1600 a year Cdn. including cart rental. I love playing...so addictive .....just absolutely LOVE it . Playing with some Calloway Rogues ....not bad ... but not totally crazy in love with them . Might upgrade next year . Our club is getting two simulators in the adjoining resort this Winter...so that will be fun . Take care and good luck on the course ....

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That's about where I am at..give or take a stroke depending on the day and who I am playing with . We have a good group and usually play 80+ rounds from mid May to Mid October . Our local course hosted the Big Break TV show a few years ago...Mill River....great course ...cheap for us about 1600 a year Cdn. including cart rental. I love playing...so addictive .....just absolutely LOVE it . Playing with some Calloway Rogues ....not bad ... but not totally crazy in love with them . Might upgrade next year . Our club is getting two simulators in the adjoining resort this Winter...so that will be fun . Take care and good luck on the course ....

Same here. Last winter was so warm I was even able to fit a couple of rounds a month in November thru February. Then when the courses closed due to covid I’d still sneak on almost every morning for 9-holes before work.

Most of my rounds are in the 80’s - on two local municipal (my home) courses which I know really well to be consistently close to 80. This year upgraded from Callaway XR’s irons to TM M4 and couldn’t be any happier. Love Ping G400 driver and 3-wood.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Same here. Last winter was so warm I was even able to fit a couple of rounds a month in November thru February. Then when the courses closed due to covid I’d still sneak on almost every morning for 9-holes before work.

Most of my rounds are in the 80’s - on two local municipal (my home) courses which I know really well to be consistently close to 80. This year upgraded from Callaway XR’s irons to TM M4 and couldn’t be any happier. Love Ping G400 driver and 3-wood.
I would like to fire some mid 70 scores as I can shoot a great front or a back...but have it tough putting a full 18 together without blowing up a hole or so LOL.....mental I guess LOL...I do have 3 Aces though in the last 4 seasons...actually I had the 3 in 15 months...was on a hot streak !!! I would trade one for a 77 score:nod: . A few NHL guys and AHL fellows all locals play here a few times a year . Gerard Gallant-Phaneuf-Darryl Boyce ex Maple Leaf and married to Gerard's daughter and Brett Gallant AHL tough guy play together many times here and we have a great Sport Celebrity tourney every Summer with many NHL vets attending .....so that is a lot of fun . Gotta love golf !

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I would like to fire some mid 70 scores as I can shoot a great front or a back...but have it tough putting a full 18 together without blowing up a hole or so LOL.....mental I guess LOL...I do have 3 Aces though in the last 4 seasons...actually I had the 3 in 15 months...was on a hot streak !!! I would trade one for a 77 score:nod: . A few NHL guys and AHL fellows all locals play here a few times a year . Gerard Gallant-Phaneuf-Darryl Boyce ex Maple Leaf and married to Gerard's daughter and Brett Gallant AHL tough guy play together many times here and we have a great Sport Celebrity tourney every Summer with many NHL vets attending .....so that is a lot of fun . Gotta love golf !

3 Aces?!!! What a streak! I have one and consider myself super lucky.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm on 4th episode already of Season 4 of the Crown on Netflix. It's addicting...it really is.

If there are those of you in here who haven't seen the Crown from season 1, you need to do so as it's one of the best series of the past 4-5 years. Great acting....great stories with most of it true...great visuals as you get transported back to 1950's thru 1980's Great Britain.

Just a terrific series and I highly highly recommend it!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Is that a UK show? I watched Bodyguard (another UK show). Very good.

I believe the Crown is a UK/US combined effort whereas the Bodyguard is a UK only show.

And agreed about the Bodyguard...very good mini series which if I recall correctly got me hooked from that excellent and gripping 1st episode.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I believe the Crown is a UK/US combined effort whereas the Bodyguard is a UK only show.

And agreed about the Bodyguard...very good mini series which if I recall correctly got me hooked from that excellent and gripping 1st episode.
Think that it's more than a mini. Believe they are expecting more seasons. And Rob Stark stars!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Think that it's more than a mini. Believe they are expecting more seasons. And Rob Stark stars!

Well that's good than if it's not a mini-series as I was not aware of more upcoming seasons of the Bodyguard. Seeing it was just 6 episodes I thought of it as a mini-series.

And yes Richard Madden who plays Rob Stark is outstanding in the lead role. Anyways hope your right that there will be more seasons.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Well that's good than if it's not a mini-series as I was not aware of more upcoming seasons of the Bodyguard. Seeing it was just 6 episodes I thought of it as a mini-series.

And yes Richard Madden who plays Rob Stark is outstanding in the lead role. Anyways hope your right that there will be more seasons.

My wife doesn’t like Richard Madden. She thinks he was miscast in Medici series (couldn’t accept him as a Dustin Hoffman’s son)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad