OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Oh, got drawn into already

Since pandemic started we watched Vikings, Victoria, Medici, Tudors, Ekaterina The Great (Russian - dropped early into 3rd season) and now on the second season of The Spanish Queen, lol! Double lol that I think all of them had one featured pandemic episode.

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Finished season 4 of the Crown. Couldn't stop watching it. 10 episodes in 3 nights. Friggen loved it!

Can't wait for Season 5!

Peaky Blinders season 6 I saw is coming out early 2021....can't friggen wait for that.

Better Call Saul season 5 should be out sometime in 2021...another one I can't wait for

And finally Fargo is coming down to the end and I must say I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I need to find another show now. I tried Barbarian for 2 episodes and if I'm not chomping at bit after two of them...I'm likley not going to like it but we'll see.

I might even go for a 2nd helping of Sons of Anarchy seeing I only gave it one watch and I loved it. I might find it just as enjoyable if not more a 2nd time.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Since pandemic started we watched Vikings, Victoria, Medici, Tudors, Ekaterina The Great (Russian - dropped early into 3rd season) and now on the second season of The Spanish Queen, lol! Double lol that I think all of them had one featured pandemic episode.
Big fans of Vikings. Would also recommend Last Kingdom.

Tudors have long been on list. Also want to see Alienist

Reactions: leetch99

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Big fans of Vikings. Would also recommend Last Kingdom.

Tudors have long been on list. Also want to see Alienist

I watched all prior seasons of Last Kingdom. Tudors is a great series IMO. Portrayal of Henry VIII was outstanding!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Started watching HBO's Undoing last night. Cast and the first episode give a good indication of it being a very worthy series.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Started watching HBO's Undoing last night. Cast and the first episode give a good indication of it being a very worthy series.
Am 3 episodes in. It's great. Have suspicion as to who is the killer.

Will it be a new show? Or a one-off? Would new show have all new characters or just continue this?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Am 3 episodes in. It's great. Have suspicion as to who is the killer.

Will it be a new show? Or a one-off? Would new show have all new characters or just continue this?

They call it “limited series” so I’m guessing that it will be 2 seasons altogether, 3 at most.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Any link for that?

This is what I found before I posted what I did about Peaky coming back early 2021:

The sixth season of Peaky Blinders has not yet been given an official release date on the BBC. When season five came out back in August 2019, it was suggested by the show's director Anthony Byrne the new series would be out in early 2021....Nov 12, 2020

www.express.co.uk › Showbiz & TV › TV & Radio

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
During the beginning of the pandemic, I began watching Ozark on Netflix and it was great, when everything picked back up, I shelved it, but began watching season 3 about a week ago and am almost done with it. It's been absolutely great. Watching Jason Bateman in a serious role, since I've really only have seen him in comedies, has been strange but his character is excellent. Going to wrap up this season over the weekend.

Reactions: leetch99

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Like this tread. Have not watched a lot of shows the last few years, but COVID19 has changed that.
Seems like I have to watch The Queens Gambit.

For those of you who liked The Bodyguard i can recommend Line of Duty (5 seasons). Same creator (Jed Mercurio) but better. One of the best I have watched.

Also watched Unbelievable on Netflix. Brilliant. Merritt Wever was amazing.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
A show I recommend and probably no one has seen is Warrior. It's made by the same people as Banshee and is on Cinemax.

The fight scenes are absolutely fantastic and overall the show is just flat out entertaining. It's based on a story developed by Bruce Lee. It's a period piece in late 1800's San Fran but looks authentic.

If you like/love Banshee, I am fairly certain you will feel the same way about this show.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23124

Like this tread. Have not watched a lot of shows the last few years, but COVID19 has changed that.
Seems like I have to watch The Queens Gambit.

For those of you who liked The Bodyguard i can recommend Line of Duty (5 seasons). Same creator (Jed Mercurio) but better. One of the best I have watched.

Also watched Unbelievable on Netflix. Brilliant. Merritt Wever was amazing.
Great show...saw season 1 because of Lennie James, who I think one of the more underrated actors today (right behind Tom Hardy).

Deleted member 23124

Finished season 4 of the Crown. Couldn't stop watching it. 10 episodes in 3 nights. Friggen loved it!

Can't wait for Season 5!

Peaky Blinders season 6 I saw is coming out early 2021....can't friggen wait for that.

Better Call Saul season 5 should be out sometime in 2021...another one I can't wait for

And finally Fargo is coming down to the end and I must say I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I need to find another show now. I tried Barbarian for 2 episodes and if I'm not chomping at bit after two of them...I'm likley not going to like it but we'll see.

I might even go for a 2nd helping of Sons of Anarchy seeing I only gave it one watch and I loved it. I might find it just as enjoyable if not more a 2nd time.
Don't know if you can find it, but I would recommend a series called Criminal UK: ("A cat-and-mouse drama, which focuses on the intense mental conflict between detectives and suspects. The stories take place within the confines of a police interview suite.")

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Don't know if you can find it, but I would recommend a series called Criminal UK: ("A cat-and-mouse drama, which focuses on the intense mental conflict between detectives and suspects. The stories take place within the confines of a police interview suite.")

Watched this show on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. Very good. A surprise to see Kunal Nayyar as a killer in one of the episodes. A little bit different than Big Bang Theory :)

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Thx for recommendation...I'll give it a look see...cheers

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So no one besides me watched the Queens Gambit? I haven't read anyone talk about it. It was friggen great. Heck I even broke out my dusty 30 year old chess set from the basement the series was so frigggen good. I've tried to get my girlfriend to play with me but I haven't been successful just yet.

I'm not giving up cause I'm a persistent SOB!...lol. Anyways, if you haven't watched the Queens Gambit...do so...you won't regret it I promise you.

Oh and after that, if none of you have watched the Crown...it's great and it's very addicting. Start from season 1....cheers!

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I love Vikings and just can’t get into Last Kingdom. I study Norse mythology and history, have Norse tattoos, wear Norse talismans, and have Norse ancestry. Heck, my dogs are named Loki and Thor, and if we had a third we’d name it Baldr. We have intense discussions about naming our first born Bjorn. I don’t know why I can’t enjoy this show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad