OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You skipped (IMO) the best season - Asylum. Just truly bonkers from start to finish. Couldn't make it through Coven personally and now I'm off the Ryan Murphy train. Although I did quite enjoy the Assassination of Gianni Versace or whatever it was called. His style definitely lent itself well to that milieu.

I liked the circus one the best.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
okay so i’ve never seen the Blair Witch Project and was not old enough to understand it or it’s hype back then (i was 4 lol) and watched it for the first time last night. Turned all the lights off and made sure i was isolated to heighten the mood. Movie did absolutely nothing for me. I wasn’t bored but there were never even moments i was disturbed or mildly creeped out until the very end. am i alone here? is this a thing about “you had to be there”?

I just think the world and society are more meta and cynical these days. The "found footage" style had a few good years.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I liked the circus one the best.

I'll give that one a shot. 'Tis the season after all.

Getting a little burnt out on watching all these 70s-80s horror flicks that are fun but pretty terrible across the board.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'll give that one a shot. 'Tis the season after all.

Getting a little burnt out on watching all these 70s-80s horror flicks that are fun but pretty terrible across the board.

It's the closest thing I've ever seen to the movie Freaks.

Reactions: ponzu4u

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
By the way, for anyone who enjoys offbeat films, check out Vivarium. I may have mentioned that before.

Reactions: Jabroni

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
SHO is running a documentary (same name) on a famed LA comedy club The Comedy Store. A lot of familiar faces.

Previously they had a two seasons called I’m Dying Up Here based what transpired there in the late 70’-80’s.

Reactions: bl02 and JCProdigy

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm watching Law Abiding Citizen with Gerard Butler tonight.
Highly recommended..

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Against better judgement we watched the Borat sequel. Needed a light night. Dumb as can be, but... still funny.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I saw the Borat sequel. Loved the first 99% of it and then the end without giving it away became preachy. For 100% of Borat 1 and the first 99% of Borat 2 he made a point about some of America's backwards tendencies through satire and lighthearted comedy. In the very end the blatant "Americans are stupid and backwards" message is something that I'm bombarded by constantly on social media and was frankly beneath the series which is supposed to be satire not "hahahaha, stupid Americans!" REALLY hurt my perception of the movie and SBC.

Reactions: Nanaki

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I'm up to date with the new Fargo season 4 episode 5 and it's been fantastic better than I expected to be honest.

Withought a doubt one of the more underrated great series I've ever watched. It's right there with Better Call Saul as far as underrated classics.

Completely all about this post.

Reactions: Maximus

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I liked Borat 2 but Borat 1 was better. The stunts were still good but felt the movie suffered from set piece syndrome, i.e., the story served the stunt scenes, rather than the other way around. The first movie felt more like a cohesive story bolstered by the gags. Obviously sequels are always tougher because of experience and expectations.

That being said, the scene at the clinic had me rolling, a classic threes company type misunderstanding gag.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm up to date with the new Fargo season 4 episode 5 and it's been fantastic better than I expected to be honest.

Withought a doubt one of the more underrated great series I've ever watched. It's right there with Better Call Saul as far as underrated classics.

And you’re welcome!

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
And you’re welcome!

Yes my friend...once again a bigtime merci beaucoup for posting that Fargo was back.

And it's back with a vengence. Last night's episode was off the hook. Can't wait for next week. That's a tell tale sign that you know a show is damn good when you can't wait for next week to come...lol

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yes my friend...once again a bigtime merci beaucoup for posting that Fargo was back.

And it's back with a vengence. Last night's episode was off the hook. Can't wait for next week. That's a tell tale sign that you know a show is damn good when you can't wait for next week to come...lol

Also, I never thought I'd be able to see certain actors in roles they are portraying this season. Specifically I'm talking about Chris Rock and Jason Schartzman. I am also a fan of Timothy Olyphant and was pleasantly surprised to see him too.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Also, I never thought I'd be able to see certain actors in roles they are portraying this season. Specifically I'm talking about Chris Rock and Jason Schartzman. I am also a fan of Timothy Olyphant and was pleasantly surprised to see him too.

Absolutaly...well said. Not sure if you've watched the series "Justified" but if you haven't, you need too. Olyphant is phenomenal in that series as US Marshall Raylan Givens(coincidence? I think not).

His off beat demeanor here as once again a US Marshall in Fargo is very reminiscent of his portrayal of Givens in Justified which is another underrated classic that no one talks about however if you've seen it, it quickly becomes one of your favorite series ever.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Gotta get into that Halloween spirit!

Currently watching..Don't Breathe

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Saw a few netflix documentaries worth sharing.

Don't f**k with cats is great.

American murder kinda messed with my head...I was pretty depressed and in a malaise for a few days after watching it. I'm a father of 2 young girls.

Watched abducted in plain sight last night...a great documentary on the worst....parents....ever.

watched it the other night. we were both distressed. the dad is a flat out monster.

riveting series but so damn scary that a human could be so evil.

DFWC was excellent too.

havent seen the other one yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad