OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Anyone watch "Queen of the South" on Netflix?

Watched the first 3 episodes last night after the Star Bolts game and I think I like it but not sure if that makes sense. I mean I'm not chomping at the bit to move forward with it tho I likely will.

So anyone who has seen it have any positive or negative thoughts about it, I'd love to hear what you think.

It's decent. Worth a watch but don't go expecting a lot.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Trackers. Has anyone seen it? South African tv series, just finished and thought it was excellent. Highly recommended.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m REALLY enjoying the latest season of Fargo. IMO this season has all elements of what made them successful in the earlier seasons - random events influencing the main storyline.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I’m REALLY enjoying the latest season of Fargo. IMO this season has all elements of what made them successful in the earlier seasons - random events influencing the main storyline.

Oh shit...Fargo is back? I had forgotten...awesome.

Watched first 3 seasons and loved it. Thanks for inadvertent reminder

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
welcome. You’re going to enjoy it.

Yup I can tell I am. I watched the 1st episode before I left to play golf and other shit. So glad I'm back home so I can continue and watch the next episode as the first one epie was excellent.

Will start the binge now and have the Rays Astros game on in the background...life is good!

Reactions: leetch99

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yup I can tell I am. I watched the 1st episode before I left to play golf and other shit. So glad I'm back home so I can continue and watch the next episode as the first one epie was excellent.

Will start the binge now and have the Rays Astros game on in the background...life is good!

What did you score?

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

I too loved the first three seasons. Thought it was brilliant television. I have the first few episodes on DVR and will probably start watching them tomorrow.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Watched the Haunting of Bly Manor when it released. Really enjoyed it. Not as scary as the first season but still super atmospheric and enjoyable. Great story.

The mood carried over and now we’re watching American Horror Story. I’d only ever watched one full season and about two other half seasons but enjoyed it enough and it’s Halloween season so we’re enjoying it. Not nearly as high quality as the Haunting seasons. We watched Murder House and Hotel. Now we’re watching Coven. It’s okay.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

You didn't like s3?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Gomorrah HBO International

Not nearly as good in English but easier to listen than read subtitles. Loses its’ edge but if you never watched the Italian version you might get hooked.

Still, one of the greatest character transformations ever. Have to watch to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Saw a few netflix documentaries worth sharing.

Don't f**k with cats is great.

American murder kinda messed with my head...I was pretty depressed and in a malaise for a few days after watching it. I'm a father of 2 young girls.

Watched abducted in plain sight last night...a great documentary on the worst....parents....ever.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
okay so i’ve never seen the Blair Witch Project and was not old enough to understand it or it’s hype back then (i was 4 lol) and watched it for the first time last night. Turned all the lights off and made sure i was isolated to heighten the mood. Movie did absolutely nothing for me. I wasn’t bored but there were never even moments i was disturbed or mildly creeped out until the very end. am i alone here? is this a thing about “you had to be there”?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
okay so i’ve never seen the Blair Witch Project and was not old enough to understand it or it’s hype back then (i was 4 lol) and watched it for the first time last night. Turned all the lights off and made sure i was isolated to heighten the mood. Movie did absolutely nothing for me. I wasn’t bored but there were never even moments i was disturbed or mildly creeped out until the very end. am i alone here? is this a thing about “you had to be there”?

That movie was such an overhyped, overrated POS. I vividly remember leaving the theater & saying to my GF at the time, "I want my $17 back".

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
The mood carried over and now we’re watching American Horror Story. I’d only ever watched one full season and about two other half seasons but enjoyed it enough and it’s Halloween season so we’re enjoying it. Not nearly as high quality as the Haunting seasons. We watched Murder House and Hotel. Now we’re watching Coven. It’s okay.

You skipped (IMO) the best season - Asylum. Just truly bonkers from start to finish. Couldn't make it through Coven personally and now I'm off the Ryan Murphy train. Although I did quite enjoy the Assassination of Gianni Versace or whatever it was called. His style definitely lent itself well to that milieu.

Reactions: Jabroni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->