OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
My family started to do a movie night based “what kids missed” based on their age. This week we gave The Day After Tomorrow a go. Definitely one of the better movies in the natural disaster / catastrophe movies genre.

Deleted member 23124

My family started to do a movie night based “what kids missed” based on their age. This week we gave The Day After Tomorrow a go. Definitely one of the better movies in the natural disaster / catastrophe movies genre.
I remember watching that movie .... scared the daylights out of me.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
After last night's finale of "Mare of Easttown", I can honestly say it's one of the better mini-series I've seen in a very very long time. Not that I didn't like her but I have a new respect for Kate Winslet who's portrayal of Mare will likely get her a few Emmy nominations. Just a very good script, alot of red herrings, well acted and a solid ending that ties most of the story lines up nice and tidy.

Highly recommend it to those of y'all who are looking for something to binge.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Finished season 1 of the Handsmaid Tale and some of y'all who said I'd like it were right as I'm hooked.

Time to start season 2 after hopefully the Bruins beat the Islanders...:)

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Deleted member 23124

Finished season 1 of the Handsmaid Tale and some of y'all who said I'd like it were right as I'm hooked.

Time to start season 2 after hopefully the Bruins beat the Islanders...:)
I gave some thought to watching this...however, I wasn't that fond of the book and hated the movie even more.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Handsmaid’s Tale was okay. As it’s dragged on it’s totally lost me. I’m just not really compelled by the character or her plight at this point.

I’ve been watching something called The Kominsky Method. Pretty funny. Short episodes. Relatable.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
After last night's finale of "Mare of Easttown", I can honestly say it's one of the better mini-series I've seen in a very very long time. Not that I didn't like her but I have a new respect for Kate Winslet who's portrayal of Mare will likely get her a few Emmy nominations. Just a very good script, alot of red herrings, well acted and a solid ending that ties most of the story lines up nice and tidy.

Highly recommend it to those of y'all who are looking for something to binge.

Finished the "Mare.." and it was good. My wife and I disagree on how good. I liked Little Fires Everywhere, Sharp Objects and Big Little Lies more.

What's next? Based on your recommendations we will start watching City on the Hill.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Black Sails is pretty good so far. Originally of Starz and now available on Hulu. Pirate action drama.

Reactions: LokiDog

Deleted member 23124

Black Sails is pretty good so far. Originally of Starz and now available on Hulu. Pirate action drama.
I remember Black Sails....it was on around the same time as the John Malkovich show Crossbones.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

I liked Black Sails. It got better as it went on, for the most part. I liked all the characters, which is really the most important aspect of a show like that.

Finally watching SOA after years of putting it off. I really like all of SAMCRO except for Clay and it’s partially because I think Ron Perlman is a stilted, poor actor and partially because they gave him a script full of cliche one liners when almost every other character has SOME humanity in their dialogue. Clay is just one snarky cliche after another.

Also, I just got a 2018 Indian Scout Bobber, which is what got me to finally start the show. Probably start wearing too much flannel and grow my hair next.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

sometimes it was a hard listen. Looooong dragged out John Silver scenes. Vane was my favorite and a good ending (hence . . . Treasure Island)

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I liked Black Sails. It got better as it went on, for the most part. I liked all the characters, which is really the most important aspect of a show like that.

Finally watching SOA after years of putting it off. I really like all of SAMCRO except for Clay and it’s partially because I think Ron Perlman is a stilted, poor actor and partially because they gave him a script full of cliche one liners when almost every other character has SOME humanity in their dialogue. Clay is just one snarky cliche after another.

Also, I just got a 2018 Indian Scout Bobber, which is what got me to finally start the show. Probably start wearing too much flannel and grow my hair next.
We watched it this Winter/Spring and enjoyed it . I never knew the old girl could sing...not bad actually . Some stuff in the story line wise was a bit unbelievable but it is TV and stuff happens and happens fast LOL. Some crazy characters in that gang . I liked the old sheriff . The follow up show/series probably not as good [Mayan MC] ....but still decent entertainment and Chucky was a hoot as a character in both.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Amazon just confirmed wheel of time S1 is this year.

I really hope it doesn't suck. Shannara Chronicles, I couldn't get past the first episode, and WoT is way bigger and deeper.

On an unrelated note, Loki is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille