OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I only joined in at like...episode 4 while my wife was watching it, but 'Mare of Easttown' was VERY good (HBO Max)

definitely recommend, and it's only 7 episodes long.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Also...this is gonna be hype. The story of Gawain and the Green Knight was always very cool. A24 always puts out SOLID movies. Looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how they flesh out Gawain's adventures because the story basically just glosses over them quickly. I believe it's out the end of this month.

I am also a whore for Arthurian legend material.

Reactions: NYR94 and LokiDog

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Watched the new Pratt movie, and I'm a big fan of sci-fi, but meh. Just something to waste your time with - it borrows heavily from other concepts and it's pretty dumb.

Four episodes into Sweet Tooth and, while I don't love it, it's growing on me. Interested in where it'll end up.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Watched the new Pratt movie, and I'm a big fan of sci-fi, but meh. Just something to waste your time with - it borrows heavily from other concepts and it's pretty dumb.

Four episodes into Sweet Tooth and, while I don't love it, it's growing on me. Interested in where it'll end up.
Sequel is already underway. One of the biggest "openings" of all time for a streaming movie. Something like 2.4M watched it the first weekend.

Thought it was a very good movie so i'm thrilled.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I only joined in at like...episode 4 while my wife was watching it, but 'Mare of Easttown' was VERY good (HBO Max)

definitely recommend, and it's only 7 episodes long.

It was a pretty good story and... not watching the first 3 episodes is cheating ;)

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Also...this is gonna be hype. The story of Gawain and the Green Knight was always very cool. A24 always puts out SOLID movies. Looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how they flesh out Gawain's adventures because the story basically just glosses over them quickly. I believe it's out the end of this month.

I am also a whore for Arthurian legend material.

yeah can't wait for this it looks awesome. A24 is usually a sign of quality.

Reactions: Irishguy42

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know about "very good movie". I mean, I guess it was good at what it set out to do - mindless sci fi action/adventure. I wouldn't call it cinematic excellence in any facet, however. Glad you enjoyed it, though.
The majority did enjoy it. 81% so far as an audience score on RT. I don't think anyone is calling it a cinematic excellence though. Just a good movie.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Almost finished season 3 of the Hands Maid Tale. I don't know what to think of it to be honest.

On one hand I really like it and on the other, I think it takes itself too seriously and is non sensical.

I'm going to very likely finish season 3 by end of the week and than start the latest 4th season which will mean I've caught up. Will I end up watching season 5 when it comes out again? That is the question and for me to even question it means that the show isn't as riveting and good as I had hoped....hmmmm.

Deleted member 23124

Still alive and kicking much to a few peeps in here chagrin...lol. Was dealing with some fairly major life stuff recently and unfortunately as much as I luv the boards here, they were neglected. Things are back to normal and so I'll be around more often again.
Good to see you back, mon ami....sent you a private convo.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Dunno about y'all but I'm chomping at the bit for the new season of both Yellowstone and Better Call Saul to come out. Oh and while I'm at it, we are way overdue for the new seasons of Peaky Blinders and Ozark.

I'm also very much looking forward to this new movie based on Tony Soprano when he just started to get into the "business" called The Many Saints of Newark that stars James Gandofino's kid in the starring role as Tony. Saw the trailer and it looks like must see TV especially if your a Soprano's nut like I am. OK that's enough for now...lol

Reactions: leetch99

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Almost finished season 3 of the Hands Maid Tale. I don't know what to think of it to be honest.

On one hand I really like it and on the other, I think it takes itself too seriously and is non sensical.

I'm going to very likely finish season 3 by end of the week and than start the latest 4th season which will mean I've caught up. Will I end up watching season 5 when it comes out again? That is the question and for me to even question it means that the show isn't as riveting and good as I had hoped....hmmmm.

I like the show and I still find it interesting, but the biggest criticism entering season 4 was that it's a bit of repeated bleak torture in an endless loop. Things take somewhat of a turn in season 4 whether that's for better or worse is debatable. I think it was the weakest of the 4 seasons, but you tell me after you watch it.

I'm also looking forward to the Saints of Newark...hopefully it's good.

Last night was the series finale of Mr. Inbetween. Not too many people watched the show, but those that did loved it. Hopefully some people will find it on Hulu. FX doesn't keep the old episodes on demand.

Reactions: LokiDog

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Been watching the Jeremy Clarkson solo special 'Clarkson's Farm' and it's VERY good. Didn't think a solo series of Clarkson running a farm would be more than 'good' but here we are.

Also, teaser for the new The Grand Tour special came out, for their Scotland special 'Lochdown'. Can't wait. Love those guys. Wish I grabbed the full rips of all their run on Top Gear off my friend's college server when I had a chance.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Been watching the Jeremy Clarkson solo special 'Clarkson's Farm' and it's VERY good. Didn't think a solo series of Clarkson running a farm would be more than 'good' but here we are.

Also, teaser for the new The Grand Tour special came out, for their Scotland special 'Lochdown'. Can't wait. Love those guys. Wish I grabbed the full rips of all their run on Top Gear off my friend's college server when I had a chance.
Hammond!..

Reactions: Irishguy42

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I like the show and I still find it interesting, but the biggest criticism entering season 4 was that it's a bit of repeated bleak torture in an endless loop. Things take somewhat of a turn in season 4 whether that's for better or worse is debatable. I think it was the weakest of the 4 seasons, but you tell me after you watch it.

I'm also looking forward to the Saints of Newark...hopefully it's good.

Last night was the series finale of Mr. Inbetween. Not too many people watched the show, but those that did loved it. Hopefully some people will find it on Hulu. FX doesn't keep the old episodes on demand.

Yeah I'll let you know what I think of season 4...almost there.

I've seen the trailers for "Mr. Inbetween" and it looks like it's right up my alley....lots of body bags...lol

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ve been seeing the trailers for Mr. Inbetween while watching SoA and it seems like my kind of show.

Started Castle Rock recently as well. I’d describe it as… slow but highly intriguing. I’m at the end of season 1 and it’s just as mysterious at the end as at the beginning.

Deleted member 23124

I’ve been seeing the trailers for Mr. Inbetween while watching SoA and it seems like my kind of show.

Started Castle Rock recently as well. I’d describe it as… slow but highly intriguing. I’m at the end of season 1 and it’s just as mysterious at the end as at the beginning.
I really liked Castle Rock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->