OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yep, he was a little bonkers.

It's like the private investigation completely consumed the guys entire life.

6 degrees of seperation, the guy that Sam shot in the head and lived. He lives on Long Island. I don't know him but good friends of mine know him well.

That's crazy.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Dude Shawn Michaels was THE WORST.

Just finished the Pillman ones this morning had me crying at 8am today.
Finished Pillman. Very sad. But good that his son is keeping his legacy alive. Watched Dino Bravo episode. Now watching Jimmy Snuka. Did you know these are narrated by Chris Jericho?

Reactions: Rongomania

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I've been watching Gotham lately and enjoying it. I'm about halfway through season 3.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Finished Pillman. Very sad. But good that his son is keeping his legacy alive. Watched Dino Bravo episode. Now watching Jimmy Snuka. Did you know these are narrated by Chris Jericho?

Yeah the kid seemed like a nut like his dad I loved it. Looks just like Hollywood blondes era Pillman too. And no, I didn't realize that he narrated. Just a great series. Def gets a little 'investigation discovery channel' level cheesey at times but overall, great show.

And I hated Cornette as a kid but really love him now. Watching him eviscerating Russo on YouTube is worth the time for sure.

I was out of anything wrestling related until last summer. Now I'm all about this dark shit which took place while I was an enamored child. Super fascinating and Vince McMahon is just a dog shit human.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah the kid seemed like a nut like his dad I loved it. Looks just like Hollywood blondes era Pillman too. And no, I didn't realize that he narrated. Just a great series. Def gets a little 'investigation discovery channel' level cheesey at times but overall, great show.

And I hated Cornette as a kid but really love him now. Watching him eviscerating Russo on YouTube is worth the time for sure.

I was out of anything wrestling related until last summer. Now I'm all about this dark shit which took place while I was an enamored child. Super fascinating and Vince McMahon is just a dog shit human.

On Pillman Jr., I was thinking that this guy is jacked up and he's saying that he is unathletic. Then at the end, they showed clips of him wrestling, and I'm like, ahhhh.

If you watch the Montreal Screwjob episode, Cornette just rips Russo apart lol. He has pure hatred for him. Said something like before he dies, he's going to visit Russo's grave and piss on it. I'll look for his YouTube clips.

I'm not into wrestling anymore but it's quite the eye opener learning about all this shit that went down during my innocent kid years, so I'm feeling exactly the way you are. It's nostalgic and educational at the same time. On one hand, I'm not surprised how much shit McMahon was surrounded by, when his company was a glorified traveling circus that abused its workers. On the other hand, it's still shocking at how much shit happened around him and he's still viable to this day.

I'm watching the New Jack episode, and the two-parter Benoit after that.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
On Pillman Jr., I was thinking that this guy is jacked up and he's saying that he is unathletic. Then at the end, they showed clips of him wrestling, and I'm like, ahhhh.

If you watch the Montreal Screwjob episode, Cornette just rips Russo apart lol. He has pure hatred for him. Said something like before he dies, he's going to visit Russo's grave and piss on it. I'll look for his YouTube clips.

I'm not into wrestling anymore but it's quite the eye opener learning about all this shit that went down during my innocent kid years, so I'm feeling exactly the way you are. It's nostalgic and educational at the same time. On one hand, I'm not surprised how much shit McMahon was surrounded by, when his company was a glorified traveling circus that abused its workers. On the other hand, it's still shocking at how much shit happened around him and he's still viable to this day.

I'm watching the New Jack episode, and the two-parter Benoit after that.

Yeah, side by side of he and '89 Pillman. Just wow.

Riiight, watched the screw job ep months ago, but he goes hard on the 'vlad' clips or whomever interviewed. I think he goes hard in the 'tuff enuff' or whatever episode of that hilariously debacle of a promo they did as well.

Yeah man, really fascinating and just wringing that nostalgia out, I had to have stayed away for 20+ years before last summer. And Vince has made so many careers that only the guys who didn't make it have the horror stories I guess. Really messed up.

Though watching sad wasted Scott Hall talk about all of the weird stuff Vince would do it's pretty funny. Scott Hall wasted YouTube clips are also a true goldmine.

It really is murder TV for men :laugh:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, side by side of he and '89 Pillman. Just wow.

Riiight, watched the screw job ep months ago, but he goes hard on the 'vlad' clips or whomever interviewed. I think he goes hard in the 'tuff enuff' or whatever episode of that hilariously debacle of a promo they did as well.

Yeah man, really fascinating and just wringing that nostalgia out, I had to have stayed away for 20+ years before last summer. And Vince has made so many careers that only the guys who didn't make it have the horror stories I guess. Really messed up.

Though watching sad wasted Scott Hall talk about all of the weird stuff Vince would do it's pretty funny. Scott Hall wasted YouTube clips are also a true goldmine.

It really is murder TV for men :laugh:

Scott Hall thinks the Screwjob was a work lol

Watched the Benoit two-parter over the weekend. All I can say is holy f**k. Also, you should check out the latest episode, Collision in Korea. Damn interesting!

Caught the Ultimate Warrior bio on A&E last night too. Man, he also had a crazy story. All this shit, and the ONE CONSTANT common denominator is Vince McMahon.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Mare of Easttown is down to the final episode next week. I gotta say it's one of the better miniseries I've seen in a very long time.

For those who haven't watched it do yourself a favor and do so it's well worth it!

Reactions: DanishRanger

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not done with it yet but Winslet is fantastic in this.

Yup she is. The transformation of the quite attractive Winslet here in this show to someone not very attractive kind of reminds me a bit of the transformation the very glamourous and hot Cherize Therion made in the movie Monster a bunch of years ago when she portrayed that serial killer Aileene Wournach and you couldn't even recognize it was Therion as she was so fugly looking.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Been thru 4 episodes of Handsmaid Tale and I'm kind of into it but not hook line and sinker yet.

Will likely make it to end of season 1 and hopefully I'll be all in...we'll see!!

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Yup she is. The transformation of the quite attractive Winslet here in this show to someone not very attractive kind of reminds me a bit of the transformation the very glamourous and hot Cherize Therion made in the movie Monster a bunch of years ago when she portrayed that serial killer Aileene Wournach and you couldn't even recognize it was Therion as she was so fugly looking.

Theron, not Therion (that's a metal band, ha). Anyway, agreed. That was ballsy of her Theron to do that role.

I don't think Winslet is super attractive, but oddly, I don't find her to be very unattractive in the Mare role. Definitely a step down, but nothing too major. She has kind of a frumpy look plus her weathered somewhat anti-social personality that makes her seem unattractive imo.
It's kind of a frumpy look plus her weathered somewhat anti-social personality that makes her seem unattractive imo.
I think she nailed the character. She reminds me a bit this girl I know from that part of Pa.

I just finished the Leftovers (pretty good) and started the Mosquito Coast (ok so far). One of my favorite shows came back tonight for its third and last season: Mr. Inbetween. It's on FX/Hulu. You might want to check it out. Its a half hour show and there aren't that many episodes in a season. You can finish a season in 4-5 hours. Mr. Inbetween is an Australian criminal for hire. Violent guy, but great dad. His temper and line of work has a lot of consequences on his life

Another show I've really enjoyed is Gangs of London on AMC.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Theron, not Therion (that's a metal band, ha). Anyway, agreed. That was ballsy of her Theron to do that role.

I don't think Winslet is super attractive, but oddly, I don't find her to be very unattractive in the Mare role. Definitely a step down, but nothing too major. She has kind of a frumpy look plus her weathered somewhat anti-social personality that makes her seem unattractive imo.
It's kind of a frumpy look plus her weathered somewhat anti-social personality that makes her seem unattractive imo.
I think she nailed the character. She reminds me a bit this girl I know from that part of Pa.

I just finished the Leftovers (pretty good) and started the Mosquito Coast (ok so far). One of my favorite shows came back tonight for its third and last season: Mr. Inbetween. It's on FX/Hulu. You might want to check it out. Its a half hour show and there aren't that many episodes in a season. You can finish a season in 4-5 hours. Mr. Inbetween is an Australian criminal for hire. Violent guy, but great dad. His temper and line of work has a lot of consequences on his life

Another show I've really enjoyed is Gangs of London on AMC.

Duly noted about the Theron spelling.

Haven't seen any of those other shows you mentioned...Leftovers, Gangs of London, Mosquito Coast, Mr. Inbetween. I'll do a bit of research and depending upon how into the Handsmaid Tale I get, I'll possibly try out one of your suggestions.

As far as Winslet, as I said, it's not that Winslet isn't attractive it's just she is being made to be such a "average Jane" here in Mare of Easttown, it's kind of startling at first.

Can't wait till the finale to find out how they tie all this together. I gotta feeling it's not the obvious suspects who killed the girl. I don't want to give away any spoilers in respect to those who haven't seen the show yet but I'd bet a large amount of my monthly mortgage it's going to be someone who will surprise the shit out of us. I have two in mind but won't let the cat out of the bag.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Agree. One of the reasons my wife and I hated this new Angelina Jolie flick.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Haven't seen any of those other shows you mentioned...Leftovers, Gangs of London, Mosquito Coast, Mr. Inbetween. I'll do a bit of research and depending upon how into the Handsmaid Tale I get, I'll possibly try out one of your suggestions.

As far as Winslet, as I said, it's not that Winslet isn't attractive it's just she is being made to be such a "average Jane" here in Mare of Easttown, it's kind of startling at first.

Can't wait till the finale to find out how they tie all this together. I gotta feeling it's not the obvious suspects who killed the girl. I don't want to give away any spoilers in respect to those who haven't seen the show yet but I'd bet a large amount of my monthly mortgage it's going to be someone who will surprise the shit out of us. I have two in mind but won't let the cat out of the bag.

Very surprised you missed The Leftovers.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
When is Ozark coming back on ? I hope they go for another season .

Ozark needs at least one more season to wrap up this very good story, though we pretty much know how it will end - it won’t be an American happy end.

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ozark needs at least one more season to wrap up a very good story, though we pretty much will know how it will end - it won’t be an American happy end.

I heard they are going to do with Ozark what they did with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and break the last season into two parts. Can't wait for it to come back already...been a long time.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What occurred with Jolie? Must have missed it. She went thru a transformation in the movie?

No, she still had her model-like looks while playing a rough wild-fire fighter - in Those Who Wish Me Dead - make-up and all. It was on HBO Max so at least I didn't waste $100 on seeing it in the movies with the family.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Leftovers is interesting. Lots of weirdness. Existential and religious themes. It's a mix of things. On one day 2% of the population disappears and the show is basically about how people cope afterwards.

Gangs of London - Head of a crime family is killed. Son takes over looking for vengeance. The rest of the gangs vie for power. Tons of great fight scenes and action.

Mosquito Coast - Family is on the run for unknown reasons so far. They flee to Mexico and have the US government and Mexican cartel after them.

Mr. Inbetween - Australian criminal for hire including killing people. Has a bad temper, but is great with younger daughter. His temper and actions have consequences on his personal life.

I understood what you meant about Winslet.

I just got Hulu to watch the latest episode of Handmaid's Tale. Since you have Hulu, you can watch the Fx programs on it like Mr. Inbetween if you wanted to catch up from s1. S1 is just six half hour episodes. S2 is 9 episodes I think.

Deleted member 23124

Gangs of London stars the guy who left Peaky Blinders...you remember I asked you about the actor who played Cillian's brother. Show started out well, but it went downhill. I didn't care for the ending.

Deleted member 23124

Anyone else catch the miniseries "The Serpent" -- good stuff...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00