OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Sons of Sam was really good. About a guy that had alternative theories about the Son of Sam serial killer.

Yeah saw it last night. It was pretty good. Surprised with so much evidence that nothing was really done by authorities to truly look into the fairly obvious fact that it wasn't just David Berkowitz who committed all those crimes back in NYC in the mid-70's.

I think they just wanted it to go away and that was that!!

Deleted member 23124

My pleasure Zeph. And yes your right about Guy Pearce. Ever since I saw him in the classic flick Memento 20 years ago which might be THE best movie not too many folks know about, he's been barely around for the most part.
Never heard of Memento. I first saw him in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, then LA Confidential - he was also in Hurt Locker. I think some of his best work came in his Jack Irish role....those were some good movies and series.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Never heard of Memento. I first saw him in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, then LA Confidential - he was also in Hurt Locker. I think some of his best work came in his Jack Irish role....those were some good movies and series.

Those other films of Guy Pearce especially LA Confidential were superb movies. However his best role IMO came in the movie you somehow never heard of...go figure...lol.

Do yourself a favor and somehow stream it or go to Amazon Prime and pay the $3.99 or whatever it costs to watch it. It is the most unique and bizarro world movie I've ever seen. It is filmed backwards....that's all I'm going to say. Go watch it!!

Reactions: nyrage

Deleted member 23124

Those other films of Guy Pearce especially LA Confidential were superb movies. However his best role IMO came in the movie you somehow never heard of...go figure...lol.

Do yourself a favor and somehow stream it or go to Amazon Prime and pay the $3.99 or whatever it costs to watch it. It is the most unique and bizarro world movie I've ever seen. It is filmed backwards....that's all I'm going to say. Go watch it!!
Check your PMs.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I used to be really into the CW DC stuff but oversaturation, my pre-Covid traveling (three trips in early 2020), and work picking up got me out of rhythm and I didn't try and catch up. I know DCs Legends just restarted and that is a fun show. Supergirl and Black Lightning ending soon. Check them out.

I watched the first four episodes of Hip Hop Uncovered on FX which was good but once it got to the late 90s Jay-Z era, I turned it off because that's when I started listening to more indie hip hop.

If anyone is a wrestling fan, Dark Side of The Ring and A&E bios have some programming going on now. I caught the Pillman Episode of Dark Side, part of the Macho Man A&E, and I went back and watched Gino Hernandez Dark Side.

I was a big wrestling fan as a kid, WWF, NWA/JCP/early WCW, WCCW, and later ECW. I watched the Attitude Era but in retrospect don't like most of it because it was more show than actual wrestling. I'm a wrestling fan not sports entertainment as Vince McMahon has tried to retcon.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I used to be really into the CW DC stuff but oversaturation, my pre-Covid traveling (three trips in early 2020), and work picking up got me out of rhythm and I didn't try and catch up. I know DCs Legends just restarted and that is a fun show. Supergirl and Black Lightning ending soon. Check them out.

I watched the first four episodes of Hip Hop Uncovered on FX which was good but once it got to the late 90s Jay-Z era, I turned it off because that's when I started listening to more indie hip hop.

If anyone is a wrestling fan, Dark Side of The Ring and A&E bios have some programming going on now. I caught the Pillman Episode of Dark Side, part of the Macho Man A&E, and I went back and watched Gino Hernandez Dark Side.

I was a big wrestling fan as a kid, WWF, NWA/JCP/early WCW, WCCW, and later ECW. I watched the Attitude Era but in retrospect don't like most of it because it was more show than actual wrestling. I'm a wrestling fan not sports entertainment as Vince McMahon has tried to retcon.

These A&E bios have been wonderfully amazing. Watching the Shawn Michaels one now.

Didn't know about the Dark Side series, thanks!

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Mare of Easttown went off the hook last night. That show is really effin good.

Only two episodes left as it's a mini-series but dang, I'd definitely go for more of it.

Tonight I'll watch the finale of City of a Hill and than I'll be looking for a new show. It's been recommended by a few peeps including my girlfriend that I watch a Handsmaid Tale...that just might have to be my next one...hmmmm

Reactions: Synergy27

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
The Mare of Easttown went off the hook last night. That show is really effin good.

Only two episodes left as it's a mini-series but dang, I'd definitely go for more of it.

Tonight I'll watch the finale of City of a Hill and than I'll be looking for a new show. It's been recommended by a few peeps including my girlfriend that I watch a Handsmaid Tale...that just might have to be my next one...hmmmm

I remember hearing about it when it was coming out and the concept sounded awesome. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time getting behind anything starring a scientologist. My girlfriend binged it and loves it though. The handful of episodes I saw were alright, but not all that gripping, probably because I had no backstory.

Mare of Easttown looked intriguing, might try that between episodes of Oz.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
These A&E bios have been wonderfully amazing. Watching the Shawn Michaels one now.

Didn't know about the Dark Side series, thanks!
Watching the Dark Side episode of the Montreal Screwjob. And with the A&E bio on Shawn Michaels, who declined to participate in the Dark Side docu but did talk about it in his A&E bio, now able to piece things together. Fascinating.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Do you think City is done? I haven't heard anything about a season 3. It's never a good sign when a show only gets 8 episodes after getting 10 the first season. Plus they wrapped up the story-lines in the finale. Definitely an entertaining season.

Handmaid's Tale is really good. It's pretty bleak though.

I'm finally watching the Leftovers. I gave up after a few episodes back when season 1 aired, but tons of people say that it's an incredible show. I'm in season 2 now and like it.

I started Mosquito Coast on Apple. It's not bad.

I haven't watched the latest episode of Mare. I'm waiting on my gf. I heard that it was a crazy episode.

Gangs of London is a show that I'm really enjoying. Holy violence. Some incredible fight scenes.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY

I’m in the same boat as you when it comes to wrestling. WWE is just not fun or interesting anymore, and the alternatives can be really cringey. It looks more like dance routines than professional wrestling. The older I get the more I start agreeing with some of Cornettes criticisms of the current product.

I like NJPW, but the lack of an App for US watching makes it tough. Dark Side of the Ring is fantastic. I hate death match wrestling, but Nick Gage’s episode was really good.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Do you think City is done? I haven't heard anything about a season 3. It's never a good sign when a show only gets 8 episodes after getting 10 the first season. Plus they wrapped up the story-lines in the finale. Definitely an entertaining season.

Handmaid's Tale is really good. It's pretty bleak though.

I'm finally watching the Leftovers. I gave up after a few episodes back when season 1 aired, but tons of people say that it's an incredible show. I'm in season 2 now and like it.

I started Mosquito Coast on Apple. It's not bad.

I haven't watched the latest episode of Mare. I'm waiting on my gf. I heard that it was a crazy episode.

Gangs of London is a show that I'm really enjoying. Holy violence. Some incredible fight scenes.

I'm thinking City on a Hill is done as they buttoned pretty much everything up pretty tightly in the finale. I mean I could go for some more but sometimes as it looks like the case here, a show doesn't need to have 5-6 seasons to be good. City did it in 2 season and so good. I enjoyed the series...I have a new found respect for Kevin Bacon and so we move on.

Mare of Easttown is another one of those mini-series that seems like a hell of alot more than what it is. So far it seems like a 5 hour movie that I don't want to end. But yeah tell your GF to get cracking as epie 5 was the best one yet.

I heard Handsmaid is dark and bleak but strangely I'm into that stuff and so I'll probably like it....we shalt see

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I’m in the same boat as you when it comes to wrestling. WWE is just not fun or interesting anymore, and the alternatives can be really cringey. It looks more like dance routines than professional wrestling. The older I get the more I start agreeing with some of Cornettes criticisms of the current product.

I like NJPW, but the lack of an App for US watching makes it tough. Dark Side of the Ring is fantastic. I hate death match wrestling, but Nick Gage’s episode was really good.

I watched NJPW on AXS TV and on their YT channel for a while, just to see if I can get into pro wrestling again. Then, AEW arrived with a bang and a major network supporting it. But none of it has any staying power with me.

Have you been watching the A&E biographies? They're pretty great. And I'm binging through Dark Side. Not familiar with Nick Gage and death match wrestling; I'm watching the episodes on the figures who I'm most familiar with, like Owen Hart, Road Warriors, and the Von Erichs.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
... It's been recommended by a few peeps including my girlfriend that I watch a Handsmaid Tale...that just might have to be my next one...hmmmm

I've given it a try but it's very slow in season 1 and so I'm not looking forward to return.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've given it a try but it's very slow in season 1 and so I'm not looking forward to return.

I haven't even watched the first episode yet of Handsmaid. I might try to get one in tonight after the Islander Pens game which I pray to god the Pens win otherwise I'm going to be likely to pissed off to watch a tv show...lol

Reactions: leetch99

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Watched the first two episodes of Handsmaid last night. All I can say is that it's not terrible and I'll continue going and hopefully it will grab me. Thus far I still have some doubts...we'll see

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Watching the Dark Side episode of the Montreal Screwjob. And with the A&E bio on Shawn Michaels, who declined to participate in the Dark Side docu but did talk about it in his A&E bio, now able to piece things together. Fascinating.

Dude Shawn Michaels was THE WORST.

Just finished the Pillman ones this morning had me crying at 8am today.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Just watched it recently. Thought it was excellent. Grabs your attention for sure. Quite a bit of evidence pointing towards multiple killers.

Yeah mentioned last week I saw the Son of Sam thingie on Netflix. Definitely some compelling evidence that there were multiple shooters and that Berkowitz was not a lone gunmen.

Reactions: Lion Hound

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Dude Shawn Michaels was THE WORST.

Just finished the Pillman ones this morning had me crying at 8am today.

Michaels's ego was effing huge. Narcissist. I think he's better today, after becoming born again and now working as a producer and talent developer.

I just happened to watch part 1 of Pillman and am going to watch part 2 today. For some reason, my memories of Pillman are strictly pre-"Loose Cannon." I don't remember a whole lot of him pretending to be lone-wolf-crazy, but now I've learned that he was a genius for doing it.

Reactions: Rongomania

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Yeah but in the end they make it sound like the guy uncovering this info is a bit nuts.

Yep, he was a little bonkers.

It's like the private investigation completely consumed the guys entire life.

6 degrees of seperation, the guy that Sam shot in the head and lived. He lives on Long Island. I don't know him but good friends of mine know him well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->