OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Finally watched the Expanse after seeing a few people mention it here. I think I got through all 5 seasons in about 2 weeks. Loved it although sometimes I was wondering wtf was going on. Lots of great characters although I was a bit tired of Naomi Nagata in season 5. Look forward to the final season.

I was a bit shocked to read about Cas Anvar. If those stories are true, what a creep.

Deleted member 23124

For you Peaky fans, I just saw the actress who plays Polly passed away. She was very good. Was also great in Penny Dreadful.

Reactions: LokiDog

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
For you Peaky fans, I just saw the actress who plays Polly passed away. She was very good. Was also great in Penny Dreadful.

Yes dreadful news. Helen McCrory who is married to the dude from Billions Damien Lewis was a huge actress in Britain and was one of the main reason Peaky Blinders has been such a huge hit. She'll be missed for sure.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Caught up to all 4 episodes including last night of the second season of "City on a Hill" and I have to admit, I like it possibly even more than season 1.

Kevin Bacon is really good in this role as the sleazy asshole cop Jackie Rohr which kind of surprised me seeing at first I thought it was to forced but he's now grown on me and now think he's excellent at it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Caught up to all 4 episodes including last night of the second season of "City on a Hill" and I have to admit, I like it possibly even more than season 1.

Kevin Bacon is really good in this role as the sleazy asshole cop Jackie Rohr which kind of surprised me seeing at first I thought it was to forced but he's now grown on me and now think he's excellent at it.

Kevin Bacon's always been good at playing antagonists.

Deleted member 23124

That's another show I barely made it through season 1 (IF I made it through...honestly can't remember).

Deleted member 23124

Has anyone who's a fan of cop shows/murder mysteries seen the Canadian production called "Motive"?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Has anyone who's a fan of cop shows/murder mysteries seen the Canadian production called "Motive"?
I never heard of it before.....but I know one thing...I have never been stopped by a policewoman that looked that good before LMAO....this will be on my post Ranger season schedule after a late afternoon round of golf .

Deleted member 23124

I never heard of it before.....but I know one thing...I have never been stopped by a policewoman that looked that good before LMAO....this will be on my post Ranger season schedule after a late afternoon round of golf .
Angie Flynn (the character you alluded to) is a piece of work. The whole premise of the show is what intrigued me -- they tell you who the murderer and victim are at the beginning of the show and then show how they became connected...usually they are two people who, in the ordinary course of events, have nothing in common and who would never have met.

Reactions: leetch99

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm really really liking the new 2nd season of "City on a Hill" the one with Kevin Bacon that is on Amazon Prime/Showtime.

I know I mentioned same thing a week or so ago but I highly recommend it to those of y'all who are looking for a series to binge and than watch weekly.

Reactions: kovazub94

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'll say it again, I don't know what got into City On A Hill with me but I can't wait for the next episode of it each week.

It's really gotten very good and engrossing. If any of y'all are looking for a show to binge...this is it peeps!

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
For All Mankind (Apple +) is a really, really good take on an alternate history timeline had the U.S.S.R won the lunar race. Recommended highly.

It drags at times with the Baldwin family soap opera, but when it's good, it's really good. The space scenes are the best. The last few episodes of both seasons were incredible.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I like this season better, too. It's fun watching Bacon play this character.

Well Jackie is a little bit less of an ahole this season...not much but enough to where he's somewhat bearable and I find myself almost rooting for him which is bizarro world seeing he barely has any redeeming qualities....lol

I think the storyline is better this year...ALOT better which for me is the #1 reason why this season trumps last year.

Deleted member 23124

Oh forgot to mention this one as my girlfriend recommended it....the Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce on HBO Max is pretty damn good. I binged the 3 episodes before last nights 4th episode and it's worth it. Very dark but very good.
Thanks for this.....I haven't seen a Guy Pearce vehicle where he has been less than excellent.

And Jean Smart too!!!!

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Thanks for this.....I haven't seen a Guy Pearce vehicle where he has been less than excellent.

And Jean Smart too!!!!

My pleasure Zeph. And yes your right about Guy Pearce. Ever since I saw him in the classic flick Memento 20 years ago which might be THE best movie not too many folks know about, he's been barely around for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad