OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone start Tales From the Loop on Amazon yet? Shot in Manitoba.
I watched a couple of episodes - a lot of it looks like here. They actually approached us last year about using our house for some exterior scenes but I never got back to them...that would've been neat.

Anyway, a strange sci-fi show. Kind of a Lost vibe. Mysterious things are afoot in the Loop.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok... since there are no live hockey games I started trying to watch old games on TSN.

But get this... in a time where every game is old, TSN actually put on a blacked out game on one of their channels.

Meaning there was nothing on the screen except the " This show is not available in your area " image

Even in an epidemic the NHL is still enforcing it's f***ing blackout rules? Makes no sense.
I watched Game 1 of the Jets-Preds series from the playoffs two years ago on Sportsnet tonight. I remember being so stressed that I could hardly enjoy the games back then. It's a little less stressful now. ;)

Reactions: cbcwpg and Jets 31

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wow, nice cliffhanger on the last Better Call Saul episode of the season!

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Wow, nice cliffhanger on the last Better Call Saul episode of the season!
Agreed!

While this season has been a bit slow at times, it is ending with a nice bang. You come to expect that with Gilligan, slow rise and buildup then a crashing decent.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Agreed!

While this season has been a bit slow at times, it is ending with a nice bang. You come to expect that with Gilligan, slow rise and buildup then a crashing decent.

Season did start slow with some average epsidoes by Better Call Saul standards but the final 3-4 episodes were excellent! Love how Kim is becoming more "Jimmy" like than Jimmy himself! Guy playing Lalo has been excellent!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Was going to start watching The Last Dance on Netflix.

Has anyone have any insight as to why Netflix is releasing the episodes two at a time, which they normally never do?

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Started watching Animal Kingdom on Netflix, I am in season 3 and would give it 2 thumbs up.

Reactions: nhlpro

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And now for something completely different...

Last year, my wife's cousin got me hooked on these live streams of a couple of osprey nests in Estonia.

More info about them and pics and videos of stuff you miss can be found at this site.
Osprey Webcam Forum - Looduskalender

The fun is just starting, as they've just laid a few eggs.

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
Wow, great idea! I used to be such a huge boxing fan. I'm going find some good ones......
One of my favourite fights of all time - gets really interesting at the end of round 3

Darroll Wilson vs Courage Tshabalala June 3 1997

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ricky Gervais series Afterlife has started season 2 , this is a very good show. :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just completed Season 1 of Narcos Mexico and it was very solid. I find it historically interesting with a very compelling from a story line and lastly the character development is slick. I am glad I followed the recommendations of some of the folks on this thread.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Really enjoying The Last Dance through 4 episodes. Great videos and interviews with fantastic behind the scenes stories. If you are a hoops fan this doc is a must

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad