OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'll give Peaky Blinders a go next - I keep hearing good things.

One last point. I use English subtitles on any episode Alfie Solomons is in. He has a thick cockney accent and it is usually audible but uses some slang at times that is hard to decipher without subtitles and you don’t want to miss a word of what he says.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
One last point. I use English subtitles on any episode Alfie Solomons is in. He has a thick cockney accent and it is usually audible but uses some slang at times that is hard to decipher without subtitles and you don’t want to miss a word of what he says.

I keep subtitles on every show if I can.

Watched Darkest Hour yesterday...not too bad.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok upon the recommendation of one of my go to guys who is always right I just watched Part 1 of “Inside Bill’s Mind” and it is excellent. Really well put together focusing a bit on his life growing up but Mostly about what he is (was) working on in 2016-2018 with his foundation. Tackling the challenge of how to fix the sewage problem is the poorest countries in the world which is killing kids. Amazing episode about how he went after this insanely tough task.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31
Nov 24, 2006
Ok upon the recommendation of one of my go to guys who is always right I just watched Part 1 of “Inside Bill’s Mind” and it is excellent. Really well put together focusing a bit on his life growing up but Mostly about what he is (was) working on in 2016-2018 with his foundation. Tackling the challenge of how to fix the sewage problem is the poorest countries in the world which is killing kids. Amazing episode about how he went after this insanely tough task.
It's a good series overall.

Pt 3 he talks about one of his favourite authors - a (now retired) Geography prof from U of M, Vaclav Smil.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Bit of a curve ball....Hill Street Blues...
Caught a old rerun of this venerable old show...and got re-hooked ...downloaded a few seasons and am back in time to 1983
It is the precursor to shows like Law and order...
it is incredibly well written and well acted..it’s Dark but also has some great humour
It’s not a flashy HBO dearies but it’s really very good.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
ps241 mentioned Phantom of the Paradise in the music thread...

You can watch it here... online... free of charge...

Great music... great film...

A commenters instructions:
If you download this and use VLC (or your video player of choice) to watch it, use the Track Synchronization tool to set the audio track synchronization to -2.050 s. It's just a little over 2 seconds off.

To Download:
Scroll down to Download Options... then click on All Files... a menu of files will come up... then just right click on Phantom of the Paradise.mp4... select Save Target... I would put to Desktop..

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I watched "The Platform" on Monday...not bad but didn't care for the ending and it could have been another 2o or so minutes longer.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Winnipeg Jets vs. Jets Alumni E-GAME

Nice... I am going to watch all of it...

The Jets should livestream a match... this years Jets versus Canucks...

Laine as the Jets Op-man versus any Canucks roster player as their Op-man...

That would be awesome...

Jets Laine says video game ban is ‘terrible idea’… Vesalainen can’t wait for debut… even Maurice has had enough of camp

:laugh:

PS... watched the whole game... no fair... todays Jets trained for the Circus... :sarcasm:

Reactions: Guardian17

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just thought of a Mini-Series some people would truly enjoy...

If you like history, period pieces, some action and male intrigue...

Sharpe's Rifle's Series.... a British mini-series (went over years; actual movie length)... Star's Sean Bean as the main hero...

Available on YouTube... they are bite sized chunks... starts with Sharpe's Rifle's, Sharpe's Eagle, S's Company, S's Enemy, S's Honor, S's Gold, S's Battle, S's Sword, S's Regiment, S's Siege, S's Mission, S's Revenge, S's Justice, S's Waterloo, S's Challenge 1 &2, and finally S's Peril 1 & 2...

The YouTube videos are not in order, so refer to the above order... if you are resourceful... available by other means...

Enjoy...

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Sportsnet is replaying The Winnipeg / Nashville series.

The Jets take on the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Preds en route to making franchise history.

• Monday, April 20 – Game 1: Winnipeg @ Nashville (SN West & Pacific)
• Friday, April 24 – Game 2: Winnipeg @ Nashville (SN West & Pacific)
• Monday, April 27 – Game 3: Nashville @ Winnipeg (SN West & Pacific)
• Thursday, April 30 – Game 4: Nashville @ Winnipeg (SN West & Pacific)
• Sunday, May 3 – Game 5: Winnipeg @ Nashville (SN West & Pacific)
• Wednesday, May 6 – Game 6: Nashville @ Winnipeg (SN ONE)
• Saturday, May 9 – Game 7: Winnipeg @ Nashville (SN ONE)

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok quick update:

I finished off Ozark season 3

I tried one episode of Tiger King and made it half way through but I can't do that at this time

I am on my second episode of Narcos Mexico and so far so good.

Inside Bill's Brain (episode 1) which was really good.

I also want to try Formula 1 on Netflix

How is everyone else doing? Anything jumping out at people.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I haven't seen OZ so I started watching it and am in 3rd season...pretty good.

Watching Vikings again...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Ok... since there are no live hockey games I started trying to watch old games on TSN.

But get this... in a time where every game is old, TSN actually put on a blacked out game on one of their channels.

Meaning there was nothing on the screen except the " This show is not available in your area " image

Even in an epidemic the NHL is still enforcing it's f***ing blackout rules? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ok quick update:

I finished off Ozark season 3

I tried one episode of Tiger King and made it half way through but I can't do that at this time

I am on my second episode of Narcos Mexico and so far so good.

Inside Bill's Brain (episode 1) which was really good.

I also want to try Formula 1 on Netflix

How is everyone else doing? Anything jumping out at people.

Must it be current...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad