OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
TSN is replaying all three games of the 1987 Canada Cup Final.

May 8 Game 1 TSN 5

May 9 Game 2 TSN 5

May 10 Game 3 TSN 5

1987 Canada Cup Relived Schedule - TSN.ca

6d6192da97ea0ce25ef7d0e1d1ce5799--canada-cup-winter-olympics.jpg

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Just a reminder that Jets / Preds Game 7 on tonight on Sportsnet.

Also tonight, Game 2 Canada / Russia with Game 3 tomorrow night on TSN.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Don't watch the new Rambo movie, it was like a B movie although i did get a chuckle from it being so bad. :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
way way too violent.

I'll assume you haven't seen the John Wick movies. :laugh:

It really helps to remind yourself, this is all make believe. Nobody is actually dying, having limbs severed, organs removed, dissolving in acid, etc etc. It's just make-up, special effects, and of course...

giphy.gif

:nod:

Reactions: Jets 31

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

It really helps to remind yourself, this is all make believe. Nobody is actually dying, having limbs severed, organs removed, dissolving in acid, etc etc. It's just make-up, special effects, and of course...

giphy.gif

dicksolomon.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

giphy.gif

Yea I am down with the concept of violence but when it gets gratuitous and that's all they have to offer I tap out. I enjoyed John Wick 1 and 2 and found 3 unwatchable. I made it 20 minutes into it and realized that its just one goofy fight scene... I mean GTFO? Rambo Last Blood did goofy stuff like the bad guy gets killed in an cool booby trap and then even though hes clearly dead sly would walk up and shoot his face off at close range with a shot gun? He's dead already and the first take was really well done but the second killing of an already dead bad guy buzz kills it.

Reminds me of all those hilarious old Kung Fu Movies in the 70's from Japan where it was just one long fight scene. Tarantino had a Kill Bill 1 and 2 and I forget which one was just an ode to that genre and it totally sucked because its was just violence choreography which is cool but it needs some context for me. I love a well laid out plot with my violence.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yea I am down with the concept of violence but when it gets gratuitous and that's all they have to offer I tap out. I enjoyed John Wick 1 and 2 and found 3 unwatchable. I made it 20 minutes into it and realized that its just one goofy fight scene... I mean GTFO? Rambo Last Blood did goofy stuff like the bad guy gets killed in an cool booby trap and then even though hes clearly dead sly would walk up and shoot his face off at close range with a shot gun? He's dead already and the first take was really well done but the second killing of an already dead bad guy buzz kills it.

Reminds me of all those hilarious old Kung Fu Movies in the 70's from Japan where it was just one long fight scene. Tarantino had a Kill Bill 1 and 2 and I forget which one was just an ode to that genre and it totally sucked because its was just violence choreography which is cool but it needs some context for me. I love a well laid out plot with my violence.

I did mention Sharpe's Rifle series on YouTube PS'... with Sean Bean... no cable needed... free from the internet... you'd have to go back to My post in this thread detailing the actual sequence of the "Movies" (they don't reload in the actual sequence of the timeline); they are 2 hour movies done over 7 years and .... then two 2000 years redux's to finish them off...

:popcorn:

Reactions: ps241

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Is it worth watching even if I’m not a basketball fan?
Absolutely.

One of the best sports documentaries I have ever watched and a reminder to all, there are levels to greatness.

I forgot how special Jordan was in his prime, and this series is a reminder why he is the greatest of all time.

It also shows his flaws, bullying teammates, his relentlessness in accepting nothing but perfection and being a complete dbag at times. It was his flaw, but it also drove teammates to play at their highest levels.

But the behind the scenes stuff is amazing. The distain they had for their GM Gerry Krause, and how they picked on him. Comments from everyone from Kobe, to Seinfeld to Obama.

Worth watching for sure and reminder why I became a basketball fan

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
The Last Dance is awesome.

I am captivated with it.

Amazing footage and just bringing back a load of memories from his prime days. I worked at Champs Sports in the early 90s and we would watch Jordan highlights all day long, and most of my commission came from selling air jordans. He basically built Nike.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Anyone watched The Man in the High Castle series? I'm wondering if it's worth the binge
It’s entertaining but if your a history buff it’s not very accurate (even in a alternate universe sort of thing) but still a interesting “What if” scenario

civic204

Jun 1, 2012

I think so. Give episode 1 a try and go from there.

It's supposed to be about Jordan's last season with the Bulls, but it's more about his entire career. Amazing footage, great stories and interviews.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Last Dance is good, but it is such Jordan fanboyism that it takes a bit away from it for me. I get it, he had the right to reject anything from being shown in the documentary, but I would have been more interested in seeing the good and bad parts of his career from a more objective eye.

Either way it's still entertaining.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I know it’s polarizing but I want to proclaim the David Simon’s “The Wire” is one of the top few TV series of all time.
HP7By1cZtzE

Is it polarizing? It's always mentioned with top shows. I enjoyed everything but the last season.
The season with the kids stays with you for a long time.

Nov 24, 2006

Absolutely.

One of the best sports documentaries I have ever watched and a reminder to all, there are levels to greatness.

I forgot how special Jordan was in his prime, and this series is a reminder why he is the greatest of all time.

It also shows his flaws, bullying teammates, his relentlessness in accepting nothing but perfection and being a complete dbag at times. It was his flaw, but it also drove teammates to play at their highest levels.

But the behind the scenes stuff is amazing. The distain they had for their GM Gerry Krause, and how they picked on him. Comments from everyone from Kobe, to Seinfeld to Obama.

Worth watching for sure and reminder why I became a basketball fan

It's supposed to be about Jordan's last season with the Bulls, but it's more about his entire career. Amazing footage, great stories and interviews.

I'm 7 episodes in, and it is compelling, even to a non fan like myself.

Full disclosure: I never watched more than 10 minutes basketball game until the Raptors started in the NBA finals (hangs head slowly in shame). And I actually met Wilt Chamberlain as a kid!

Even when you're not a fan, you can't help but absorb what the world is saying about players like Curry, Kobe, Shaq, and Jordan. So of course I knew that Jordan was "one of the greats" and that the Bulls were "really good" but what I'm enjoying even more is the spotlight being turned to the rest of the team that I didn't know that much about (Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, and especially the non players like Reinsdorf, Jackson and Krause).

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

What do you think of the bouncing back and forth, from the 1998 final season, to each year leading up?

Was a bit confusing through the first 2 episodes for me, but now I am really enjoying how it flows. Its like watching a moving where they start with the ending then show you how it got to that point.

Just mind blowing that regardless of winning a 3rd consecutive title, along with 6 total, that Krause was going to let go of Pippen and Phil walk. Had he signed Pippen to a long term, and kept Phil, Jordan would have kept playing for a few more years, and most likely a few more titles.

The GM honestly believed those pieces, along with Jordan, were replaceable. 22 years later and the Bulls have never sniffed another chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad