OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Just completed Season 1 of Narcos Mexico and it was very solid. I find it historically interesting with a very compelling from a story line and lastly the character development is slick. I am glad I followed the recommendations of some of the folks on this thread.
My uncle was in the RCMP in the 80s, a high up in the organize crime unit. The RCMP assisted the DEA with identifying cartel members responsible for torturing and killing KiKi, the DEA agent.

He had to listen to the tapes of them torturing him, which was the most disturbing things he ever experienced in his entire career.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Damn if this didn’t get me a little choked.

For any parks and rec fan, the special the other night was like a second chance to say goodbye to a special friend. Thought they killed it, hilarious!

Without a doubt the world could do with a little more Parks and Rec.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Damn if this didn’t get me a little choked.

For any parks and rec fan, the special the other night was like a second chance to say goodbye to a special friend. Thought they killed it, hilarious!

Without a doubt the world could do with a little more Parks and Rec.

Excellent series. Ron Swanson remains my favorite government worker/politician of all time.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Just completed Season 1 of Narcos Mexico and it was very solid. I find it historically interesting with a very compelling from a story line and lastly the character development is slick. I am glad I followed the recommendations of some of the folks on this thread.
I’ve watched all of the Narcos and Narcos Mexico and am now on El Chapo. I’m fascinated with the whole cartel thing. El Chapo isn’t as well done, but still pretty good and interesting to see how he got where he did.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I’ve watched all of the Narcos and Narcos Mexico and am now on El Chapo. I’m fascinated with the whole cartel thing. El Chapo isn’t as well done, but still pretty good and interesting to see how he got where he did.

The business side of the stories are always fascinating. The odd part about the business model is no matter how bright these king pins are they have to know how the story ends? I guess you get locked into it and it’s hard to escape or go legit.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you have time all three Movies are on Netflix now from Taylor Sheridan who was an actor in Sons of Anarchy and is also a play write and director.

Sicario

Wind River

Hell or High Water

I am a fan of all three movies.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The business side of the stories are always fascinating. The odd part about the business model is no matter how bright these king pins are they have to know how the story ends? I guess you get locked into it and it’s hard to escape or go legit.
How much was Escobar making as profit in a day in his prime?
Was it 5m? a day?
Gimme a week of that and I'm retiring.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
How much was Escobar making as profit in a day in his prime?
Was it 5m? a day?
Gimme a week of that and I'm retiring.

I have not watched the original Narcos but that is on my list. For those high end King Pins extreme wealth was a byproduct of their trade but I wonder if they could even enjoy it with death or jail hanging over their heads?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I have not watched the original Narcos but that is on my list. For those high end King Pins extreme wealth was a byproduct of their trade but I wonder if they could even enjoy it with death or jail hanging over their heads?
I think it has more to do with the power than the cash...

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think it has more to do with the power than the cash...

Yea honestly I think they get into the lifestyle by default and they all need to figure out how to survive. The best guys rise the highest, the more money and power you get the more protection and influence and afford but also the more dangerous it gets because people want your money and power.

There doesn’t appear to be an easy way to bail once you are loaded?

Vicious circle.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Finished my re-watch of Arrested Development. Genius show and one of the best comedies of all time.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just finished Oz...not bad.

I'm annoyed it ended leaving one major question unanswered... How the f*** did Adebisi keep that toque on his head? :laugh:

F2IMAm.png

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

What always gets me is that they have more money than they can ever possibly spend, but still risk their lives for stupid (to me) reasons. I would have given up and retired somewhere :laugh:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
If you have time all three Movies are on Netflix now from Taylor Sheridan who was an actor in Sons of Anarchy and is also a play write and director.

Sicario

Wind River

Hell or High Water

I am a fan of all three movies.

Loved all three!

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad