Confirmed with Link: Tuukka has left the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
If he was already unhappy in the bubble then the backlash he got to with the police hat and his comments the other night might have been the final straw.

At the end of the day it's a personal decision only he can make. If he wasn't in it fully he shouldn't be here. But this sucks big time. The team playing as it has been does not win with Halak in net IMO

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hope his family is ok, I also hope he never plays for the Bruins again. Barring an issue besides an illness in his family this reinforces everything ever said about him being a choker. His stats don't matter.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Not mad at the decision... as someone who takes this pandemic very seriously, I get it.... but I'm pretty bothered by the timing of it all. The questionable comments, and then he opts out. He's been a divisive figure in Boston his entire career... and this isn't going to help. I hope all is well with his family, but this decision will have a lasting impact I'd imagine. If COVID is still going strong next year which I'm sure it will be, he very well may have played his last game in Boston.

Reactions: BMC

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
you’re right he should lay out his entire personal life to make clowns happy
Sweeney said his family is healthy and ok. Are you calling Sweeney a liar. All right there in front of you. No if or hypothetical it’s the n the presser

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
If there is a family issue it’s completely understood. However if it were a family matter, wouldn’t Sweeney say so? He just had a presser and basically said “Tuukka decided to leave the team”. I’m no PR expert but the team has to know Rask would take heat for this. If it were indeed a family matter I’d think they would’ve mentioned it? Maybe I’m off
or it's none of our business and Tuukka asked the B's not to give out any information because it's none of our business and he doesn't give a damn about what 99.99% of people's opinion of him?

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I agree with you 1000% percent. That being said let's not forget about all the other people in the world. doctors, nurses, grocery clerks, gas station attendants etc etc who cant just make this decsion based on finances.

Hoping the world is seeing these athletes are not worth millions at all to play as Rask says "a game"

I think these are great points.
The damning thing is we, the Lunatic Fringe, are the ones that establish their market value.

‘Here, take my money’.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Think we saw Rasks last game as a Bruin? He was already mentioning retiring earlier in the season.

He was? Jesus.... I don't remember that but if he did retire, what's that do for the Bruins cap situation?

That would also effectively end this teams cup chances for a long time (barring them going out and signing Holtby).

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I really want to have an emotional response to this. Because I’m incredibly disappointed, but given the circumstances it is very difficult to do so.

If it is family related I get it and I respect it.

Having said that, this is not a good look for him at all. He has been nothing but mediocre since this all started. If his heart wasn’t really in it, he should’ve opted out from the beginning. Regardless of why he left or not it honestly looks like he just flat out quit.

Curious to see the repercussions of this if any

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
and I would hope this is how we all feel.

Like many of us, my head hasn't been 'there' over the past few months. I've gone to work over the past few months but my wife and kids don't want me to and after a few days I don't want to either and stay home. And that's not living in a bubble. To expect players to be robots and flip the switch and be engaged - is tough. We've all re-evaluated things. Hopefully this is all it is and that there's no actual difficulties at home or with his family.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I hope this is a medical reason, something like that around his family... because damn. He was with his family during 4 month earlier in april/march/may ... thats insane

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So what we know is that no one in his family is apparently in a life-threatening situation. There is a lot more that can be going on that people have no idea about- there are all kinds of serious issues that do not have to be related to a sickness that might require his attention. But by all means, let's assume the worst about the player.

Reactions: HumBucker

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sweeney said his family is healthy and ok. Are you calling Sweeney a liar. All right there in front of you. No if or hypothetical it’s the n the presser

no I’m saying he doesn’t OWe you an explanation, he just had a newborn in the middle of a pandemic Ffs

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If he was already unhappy in the bubble then the backlash he got to with the police hat and his comments the other night might have been the final straw.

At the end of the day it's a personal decision only he can make. If he wasn't in it fully he shouldn't be here. But this sucks big time. The team playing as it has been does not win with Halak in net IMO

The only "blacklash" he got for wearing a Boston Police hat, were from morons on twitter who want to divide us. You can support police and want some reform contrary to popular belief. Nobody in the local media here cared.
And him supporting BPD is not a final straw.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I understand making a Covid call...but it’s genuinely hard to believe that’s the heart of the matter after his comments. To use Covid as a cover because your heart isn’t in it and just bail...pretty weak in a bunch of ways.

I can’t just suspend all the obvious and stated factors like a lot of people and just give him an insta pass.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If there is a family issue it’s completely understood. However if it were a family matter, wouldn’t Sweeney say so? He just had a presser and basically said “Tuukka decided to leave the team”. I’m no PR expert but the team has to know Rask would take heat for this. If it were indeed a family matter I’d think they would’ve mentioned it? Maybe I’m off

According to Sweeney his family is safe and healthy.. Sounds like Dad wanted to be home...while the rest of the team is sacrificing their family time to play. We don't walk in his shoes so we really can't judge, but again, so many players are giving up so much to play, you have to wonder how it goes over in the room.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
So what we know is that no one in his family is apparently in a life-threatening situation. There is a lot more that can be going on that people have no idea about- there are all kinds of serious issues that do not have to be related to a sickness that might require his attention. But by all means, let's assume the worst about the player.
Don Sweeney said that . He’s he misinterpreted. I’m don’t understand

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It was pretty clear his heart wasn't in it. Would people rather have a goalie playing who doesn't really care? That alone is reason enough to be ok with this, let alone the fact that there's a pandemic going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad