Confirmed with Link: Tuukka has left the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Come on with all the bad look crap. There is more to life than a look, and you know aboslutely nothing about the situation to say something stupid like that. How about we wait to see what happened (if we ever do know) before throwing out any idea of what it "reeks of"
When you get no info this is what happens...speculation

Reactions: BMC and minpind

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Under current circumstances I support any player of any sport that opts out.
In retrospect, it looks like he tried to hang in there as long as he could and then was overwhelmed by a stronger obligation to his family. I respect what is obviously a very personal choice. Instead of throwing him under the bus, I personally thank him for his part in getting us this far.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
But there may well be an issue with his family . He is doing what he thinks is right for his family and I will not fault him for that.

Family is ALWAYS more important than hockey

I agree with you 1000% percent. That being said let's not forget about all the other people in the world. doctors, nurses, grocery clerks, gas station attendants etc etc who cant just make this decsion based on finances.

Hoping the world is seeing these athletes are not worth millions at all to play as Rask says "a game"

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
sweeney said Tuukka and his family are perfectly fine

he just quit

If Sweeney said his family is perfectly fine then this is crap. Yet again Tuukka pulls out. Again my sentiments are IF this is true that Sweeney said his family is fine. NHL has had zero positive tests for the last few weeks.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Wow

Given Sweeney 's comment that this is not a surprise and that the Bs were privy to information

My guess is there is a major event at home and if so I totally understand the decision

And if not- there will be a trade this summer
Summer will be over before these fake playoffs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Halak was a great playoff goalie....a decade ago lol

Sounds like Tuuk hasn't been happy here inside the bubble according to Sweeney

Would have been more sympathetic had he not come out with his quitter comments two days ago. He seems to forget he's not the only player giving up a lot by being here playing hockey right now

Hopefully his family is ok, and wish him the best.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
But there may well be an issue with his family . He is doing what he thinks is right for his family and I will not fault him for that.

Family is ALWAYS more important than hockey
If there is a family issue it’s completely understood. However if it were a family matter, wouldn’t Sweeney say so? He just had a presser and basically said “Tuukka decided to leave the team”. I’m no PR expert but the team has to know Rask would take heat for this. If it were indeed a family matter I’d think they would’ve mentioned it? Maybe I’m off

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
As a fan, I'm mad. I think Rask is an elite goalie and without him, I don't see them going far. I don't like how this happened hours before game time and 2 games into a series. Also, not a good look as he has done this other times, but the circumstances of those times obviously different.

As a human, I'm not upset as I get it with this shitty situation the world is in right now. We also have zero clue what's going on at home for him.

I'm sure I'll anger some with this take but won't be the first and won't be the last haha

Reactions: BruinsFan1990
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad