Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday - Leafs @ Penguins - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Really really bad call. Marty should never be in our lineup. and Lily is already much better.
Good idea though to play rooks with vets. Just don't like Marty. He is not an NHLer.
Sandin and Barrie also scares me. Sandin is not ready to deal with Barrie yet. He is still learning how to wipe his *ss. But Barrie with anybody means anybody is going to look like crap. So bad news for Sandin tonight. Malkin should feast.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Lol so Korshkov scores a goal and gets scratched and instead of putting the guy we acquired to be 3C at 3C we're running with Freddy f***ing Gauthier? Marincin is just the cherry on top, this is a joke

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
Our lines and d pairings are atrocious, first time I really disagree with keefe. Goat as a third line center?? If he's going to change something put kappy with Tavares and willy. Kerfoot back to 3c. Have dermott play with lilly on sheltered minutes. Our record with marincin playing is terrible, the guy isnt an nhl caliber player imo.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Oh mayne Andersen A FOOL FOR THIS GAME SON!!! He a sone of anarchy on this! Might play his BEST GAME ever and this season cause we on the line baby! I knew it already before and told y'all he was going to start. Y'all ain't understanding ice hockey if stating something else...... mr T pitys the fools on these. Mayne ya'll have so much to learn. He gittin money, he the best like khaled, so HE FREAKIN PLAYS. Foreves. Always. and Wins. :clap:

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Can't say I love the changes, but at least Keefe is trying different shit. It's also possible things change before puck drop ... "we're dealing with some bumps and bruises and illnesses, and lots of guys are game time decisions" is a line we've heard for 2 straight weeks here.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lol so Korshkov scores a goal and gets scratched and instead of putting the guy we acquired to be 3C at 3C we're running with Freddy ****ing Gauthier? Marincin is just the cherry on top, this is a joke

His lineups have been rather strange last couple of weeks.

Reactions: 1specter

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Could they be trying to showcase some players prior to the deadline. Maybe that’s why Gauthier is back in and Timashov getting some third line minutes ?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Instead of making random roster changes, Keefe could look at trying to quiet down the game to promote defensive awareness, such as editing down the number of defensive pinches and puck reversals to high danger areas until the team finds its defensive legs. It's not all about video game duos and bang bang plays all day long.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
That bottom 6 is murky

It's one thing to send a message... but yikes.
Kerfoot is redundant on line 2.
And I highly doubt much ozone time will happen with Spezza × Gauthier lines.

I was confident in the am... haha not sure now.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think putting Sandin and Barrie together is smart.

However not at the cost of Liljegren getting benched for Marincin lmao

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Engvall - Tavares - Nylander
Korshkov/Clifford - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford/Timashov - Spezza - Timashov/Korshkov

Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Barrie
Dermott - Liljegren

Seems fairly simple.

Gauthier on the third line? Marincin playing at all?

I REALLY hope Liljegren has the flu bug

Reactions: stickty111

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
My next lineup change would be to try:
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Tavares-Kapanen
Engvall-Kerfoot-Spezza
Clifford-Gauthier-Timashov

It'd be nice if they could find someone else for 4C. I don't think either Clifford or Tima or even Agostino have ever played C. Maybe move Engvall to 4C and slide someone like Agostino up there? Gauthier is good for now, and maybe he's ideal to have there if Clifford and Tima just go out there and try banging while Gauthier just plays it safe.

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
I'd be cool with us dressing 7 defense-men instead of giving Gautier another look tonight. Seems pretty clear Keefe likes Marty on the PK and is a known quantity to be effective to a certain degree on it and would rather him then young Lily.

Sure hope Lilijgren isn't fully scratched tonight, kid has shown some real composure out there.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope these lineup changes are indicative of a potential trade brewing and showcasing guys on the bubble. Otherwise, I don't understand how Liljegren or Korshkov deserve to be benched.

Reactions: stickty111

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Instead of making random roster changes, Keefe could look at trying to quiet down the game to promote defensive awareness, such as editing down the number of defensive pinches and puck reversals to high danger areas until the team finds its defensive legs. It's not all about video game duos and bang bang plays all day long.

There is no system this team can play that will make them good defensively. They simply don't have the roster to be a great defensive team.

If you try and slow it down, you get what Babcock was doing early in the year. Destroy the offense for no real defensive gains.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad