Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday - Leafs @ Penguins - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Amazing how quickly leafs fans throw a guy under the bus. Short term memories and no patience at all.

Andersen has been our guy and he still is.

I speak for myself, but my displeasure in Andersen mostly stems from bad 'Nam style flashbacks:

Fast forward to 3:20.

The whole thing.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The offensive guys have been performing at their career bests, how are you blaming them for a mediocre season? Blame Dubas for signing garbage like Ceci or acquiring Barrie and Kerfoot, who both have been useless.

I did put as much or more blame on Dubas (and Shanahan). Probably more blame on those two (can’t blame the players for wanting as much money as they could get, but then again, do they want to win or just get their money)?
Huge mistakes made in handing out those 4 contracts!
As for Ceci, that was the cost to get rid of Zaitsev.

Reactions: Al14

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y
So how long does Freddy have the play like **** before we start saying Campbell.

Team is 3-9 in his last 12 starts.

Other goalie is 3-0-1.
Y'all got me paranosized mayne. I still think and thank andersen gon play no MATTER WHAT all of the above cause of his MONEY(!) and talent etc he our saviour been in the past so many times and made us. But mayne, y'all got me paranozised and I just traded the campbell on freddy's side in our yahoo league. And now I'm bout that there. Ready for whatever. Like the 2pac song says. Y'all better recognize. I'm coming hard on this and all gunz playzing. Up. Now I gots the whole tupac ready in campbell andersen and don't have to worry bout whom plays.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Now is not the time to start a goalie controversy.
Although I agree with starting Andersen, now is not the time to be losing games

if management thought that Campbell gave us a better shot at winning, than I would say start him. As that takes priority over a media driven controversy.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs should treat this as a mini playoff series. Have to get 1 minimum.

Tonight would be huge to win... going back home with a W would be a big boost for the team. Hopefully they can do it.

If Leafs get in the playoffs... they're are obviously going to have to beat the better teams like Pittsburgh.

Reactions: meng666

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I hate to sound confident, because I'm a leaf fan and it usually blows up in my face.
But I seriously feel we look good here, the rollercoaster of emotion season has proven to expect the unexpected... I envision a game similar to the one we played against the Avs after the coaching change.

Reactions: Burnie97

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I hate to sound confident, because I'm a leaf fan and it usually blows up in my face.
But I seriously feel we look good here, the rollercoaster of emotion season has proven to expect the unexpected... I envision a game similar to the one we played against the Avs after the coaching change.

I wish i could feel that type of confidence right now.

i think were going to get destroyed. but hey, usually when i think the team is gonna do well, they get wrecked. so hopefully there's some reverse psychology at work here.

Reactions: TMLFC

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Clifford has been a massive disappointment in every way. We needed some inspiration against Buffalo and he was invisible. If he isn’t going to hit or fight, what use is he?

Dubas also made a mistake inserting Marchment and Korschkov. It was their third game in 3 nights, what kind of energy did he expect from them?

Reactions: LeafsRus

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Clifford has been a massive disappointment in every way. We needed some inspiration against Buffalo and he was invisible. If he isn’t going to hit or fight, what use is he?

Dubas also made a mistake inserting Marchment and Korschkov. It was their third game in 3 nights, what kind of energy did he expect from them?

Clifford definitely needs to be better, but it's a big change for him. I'll give him a couple more weeks... but he isn't going to rack up points... but you're right... he's here to hit, or fight once in a while, and he needs to do that more.

Now that the other guys are rested hopefully they're in tonight, and play well. I'm not too big on Marchment... but Korschkov looks good so far.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I might skip this one, see if it brings the boys luck. Haven't really enjoyed a game in a while now.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Well, if they replaced players suffering the flu, was it the wrong decision?

Tired players could still be better than sick players, who you don't want around other players.

And one of them scored a goal, which irrelevant except to the player himself.

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
I’m getting so ****ing fed up with this team, or perhaps more so with the management. Basically our “big 3”, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander have been in the league for 3 years. Should we be expecting them to be leading this team to a serious Cup run, or should we be expecting what we’ve been getting, an inconsistent performance? The answer seems obvious to me!
This team needs a MAJOR shakeup, and I hope it happens this summer! Also, I hope Dubas is shown the door, and I wouldn’t be upset if they showed it to Shanahan as well!
I’ve said it many times, and I stand by it! A major mistake was made in signing JT. We weren’t ready for it. Our defence has been below average for a long time. Bring in pieces bit by bit. If there’s no significant person available, so be it. You don’t have to spend for the sake of spending! I know people will bring up those 100 pt seasons. But I seem to remember there still being complaints back then that we needed to upgrade our defence, that we wouldn’t be considered serious contenders until that need was addressed.
My rant is over. I believe I need to take a break from watching this team for a bit. I tend to be guilty of drinking the koolaid, and getting caught up in these premature expectations.
I think your leave should be as Indefinite as a teacher that got caught looking up the girls skirts.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
At least Pit shouldn’t need the refs help to beat us. It’ll be nice to see a fairly called game

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Campbell. Guys been amazing

This team doesn’t have time to waste watching anderson suck

Unless the playoffs aren’t important then go with Andy

Every game is crucial

Campbell has gotten us 7 out of a possible 8 points

Anderson has got us nothing in months

Easy answer

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Campbell. Guys been amazing

This team doesn’t have time to waste watching anderson suck

Unless the playoffs aren’t important then go with Andy

Every game is crucial

Campbell has gotten us 7 out of a possible 8 points

Anderson has got us nothing in months

Easy answer

You say this now. But the first goal Campbell lets in next start the game thread will be filled with "**** u Campbell!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad