Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday - Leafs @ Penguins - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A tough stretch this week with a home and home with Pittsburgh, and hosting Carolina on Saturday.

Id reckon we need at least 2 wins here to keep pace with Florida, as they have games against the Sharks, Ducks, Kings, and Knights.

Wonder if Soupy gets a start to keep Freddy’s load light as he works back from injury.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Thanks for starting this early Cor. I'm curious who posters think will start - Campbell or Andy.

I'd go with Campbell, but, that's just me.

Reactions: AvroArrow

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
Thanks for starting this early Cor. I'm curious who posters think will start - Campbell or Andy.

I'd go with Campbell, but, that's just me.

I agree. We need all the points we can get right now and Campbell has looked good. And if he plays well again on Tuesday, I wouldn't hesitate to play him Thursday too.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I would go with Campbell too. Never thought I'd be saying that when we acquired him.

Not sure what to expect in this game... need 2 points out of these 2 games, however that comes about doesn't really matter. Not winning the game vs Buf really hurt.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Probably Andersen. In the end he is the starter. If he wasn't in god mode that first period Buffalo blows us out far worse than the score looked.

Which is why I don't really care who starts. Campbell has been good. The issue is whether the Leafs show up. Or are they once again going to be too gassed? Will be an important test against the Penguins. A team that has actually risen above their injuries without excuse. We need the points this week.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
7-2 Pens! Our Leafs suck. Can't even beat a bottom feeder!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I think you have to go with Fred to show him you're not wavering on him.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Okay, controversy aside, we don't have to deal with it here, who do you think has the best chance of beating the Pens? Andy or Campbell?
Honestly I don’t think they win with either in net.
Andersen when on is the better goalie so he should give them the better chance.

The team needs to find a way to play 60 minutes. How long are we going to keep hearing the flu excuse?

Reactions: glue

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Honestly I don’t think they win with either in net.
Andersen when on is the better goalie so he should give them the better chance.

The team needs to find a way to play 60 minutes. How long are we going to keep hearing the flu excuse?

Thanks for your reply, you are NOT a politician, just a human like me. You may be right or wrong, and you're okay with that. I always appreciate your posts so much. Thank you.

I think we have a better chance with Campbell, but, hey, it's only JMHO.

Reactions: ACC1224

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
115626.jpg

How about we try him in net? His 5-hole looks smaller than Freddie's...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I've got a bad feeling about this game, the Pens forward group against our defensive unit? That's the stuff of nightmares

Now watch us come out and be the better team :laugh:

I'd go with Andersen, he's the starter and should get every opportunity to sort himself out before you do something drastic like turn the backup into the new starter

Reactions: glue

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Let Freddie get the start. I thought he was alright vs Buffalo. If he shits the bed against pit tomorrow, then go with Campbell for the 2nd game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thanks for your reply, you are NOT a politician, just a human like me. You may be right or wrong, and you're okay with that. I always appreciate your posts so much. Thank you.

I think we have a better chance with Campbell, but, hey, it's only JMHO.
You’re probably right with Campbell for the one game. IMO they won’t go anywhere without Andersen playing well.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
If they win I’ll be pleasantly surprised, honeymoon period for this team is now long over. This stretch will tell me whether it even matters even if they do make the playoffs

Reactions: NiftyMits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad