Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday - Leafs @ Penguins - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I can understand playing Marincin over Liljegren, but Korshkov being scratched after scoring a goal is pretty weird. Gauthier as the 3rd line center is really questionable

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Watching TB now go 11-0, after already getting red hot, just makes our uneven malaise all the more disconcerting. The only reason it isn’t worse, Florida has been one of the worst teams in the league the last 10.

Just win.

Reactions: Merrrlin

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I can understand playing Marincin over Liljegren, but Korshkov being scratched after scoring a goal is pretty weird. Gauthier as the 3rd line center is really questionable
The first one as Keefe said is to protect Lilly. I would have given Korshkov another game as well.
Also Spezza will be getting most of the minutes so not worried what it says on the lineup sheet.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Watching TB now go 11-0, after already getting red hot, just makes our uneven malaise all the more disconcerting. The only reason it isn’t worse, Florida has been one of the worst teams in the league the last 10.

Just win.

Didn't TB do the same thing last year? Looked like cup favorites and went out in the first round

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Didn't TB do the same thing last year? Looked like cup favorites and went out in the first round

Their fans are flocking back to the main boards to be smug once again, after seeing almost none of them all of Oct-Dec.

It pains me that there is a pretty good possibility Boston and Tampa will meet in the 2nd round, guaranteeing one in the ECF.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
Keefe has seen marincin mostly with the marlies where he played extremely well. Unfortunately tonight it's with the leafs.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
This year they took off the first few months of the season, last year they went crazy chasing regular season records and probably burnt themselves out. I wouldn't want to be the team who gets them in the first round this year.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Uhhh, Dermott - Liljegren plz

tenor.gif

Reactions: Jmo89

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Their fans are flocking back to the main boards to be smug once again, after seeing almost none of them all of Oct-Dec.

It pains me that there is a pretty good possibility Boston and Tampa will meet in the 2nd round, guaranteeing one in the ECF.

I honestly think we can beat either of them but we need Rielly back and an upgrade on D. Doesn't have to be a big one either. Babcock's coaching was so pathetic in the playoffs......

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Toronto has a chance to stop that from happening if they really want to. Our group just does not inspire confidence right now. But they definitely can prevent that from happening, it’s up to them.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
It's weird. Liljegren was terrible on the 5th Sabres goal when he kind of drifted behind the net to receive the pass behind the net that never came and then got mixed up, but Sandin was equally high profile terrible on the 4th Sabres goal vs Okposo when he and dumb Kerfoot got mixed up.

One guy is sent to the press box and the other is still the golden child. Weird.
The Dermott-Barrie pairing was a disaster and needed a change, and Marincin has been even worse with Barrie. Muzzin-Barrie also isn't an option or else we don't have a shutdown pair.

The only other option that hasn't been tried yet is Sandin-Barrie.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Instead of making random roster changes, Keefe could look at trying to quiet down the game to promote defensive awareness, such as editing down the number of defensive pinches and puck reversals to high danger areas until the team finds its defensive legs. It's not all about video game duos and bang bang plays all day long.

@SAMCRO44 Can you get one of those life sized Babcock posters for Stephen too? :biglaugh:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Okay I will give him that. At least it's not a wierd made up reason.
Protecting Lilly I get it.

I'm still not seeing it.

Liljegren may not be as big and strong in corners as Marincin but you better hope to god that the Penguins don't get many rush chances because Marincin is abysmal at defending the rush.

Reactions: Merrrlin

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nawww that's reserved for people who still support the man

There's actually a difference between supporting a philosophy or style of play and supporting the individual promoting that philosophy.

You get that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad