Detroit sets NFL draft record at 275k for 1st round attendance

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Maybe I'm just cynical with the Chargers relocating but I enjoyed the NFL draft more when it was a more niche thing that started on a Saturday morning.

Ever since it moved to prime time in 2010, it hasn't hit the same. I remember trying to rush home from work that year only to have the Chargers pick spoiled for me by non-sports radio.

It's also amusing to me when the pan the crowd for a reaction shot and the people there have zero clue who the player is, they just want to make noise. Albeit this sort of thing typically happens at the NHL Draft too, but at least everybody (for one draft) is there in person.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Maybe I'm just cynical with the Chargers relocating but I enjoyed the NFL draft more when it was a more niche thing that started on a Saturday morning.

Ever since it moved to prime time in 2010, it hasn't hit the same. I remember trying to rush home from work that year only to have the Chargers pick spoiled for me by non-sports radio.

It's also amusing to me when the pan the crowd for a reaction shot and the people there have zero clue who the player is, they just want to make noise. Albeit this sort of thing typically happens at the NHL Draft too, but at least everybody (for one draft) is there in person.
Your in the minority buddy.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Your in the minority buddy.

Oh I'm very aware. Definitely more lucrative to get more eyeballs in primetime. Just saying that for me personally, I haven't enjoyed it as much. Also it seems like the NHL has been avoiding scheduling playoff games against the draft. Back in 2012, I had the draft on mute in order to watch Devils/Panthers game 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad