TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So, for the first time ever, I'm watching a significant chunk of Overdrive. Just based on the first 20 minutes of the show, it seems like Noodles is the only one with common sense. Hayes seems like a typical host -- digging up nonsense to talk about and Odog is the same idiot I always hated.

I also hate the fact that TSN advertises this show by promoting the fact that Odog is proud of his lack of knowledge.

You should have kept listen after the first segment of baseball talk.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Early guess for the overdrive name that Leaf is Alex Mogilny.

Played for 4 teams. Buffalo, Vancouver, Jersey twice and Toronto.

Won 1 cup in NJ before he came to the Leafs.

Teammate of Carlo is new clue. Still could be Mogilny but producers are saying no. My guess: Kaberle.

Played for Leafs, B's, Habs, and Canes.
Won Cup with Boston.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Honestly, how do people listen to Overdrive? It just seems like garbage from beginning to end.
Its like a drug...you know it's bad for you ,but you need that Leaf fix...and next thing you know you're muting the 'my pillow' ads and whatnot!

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Teammate of Carlo is new clue. Still could be Mogilny but producers are saying no. My guess: Kaberle.

Played for Leafs, B's, Habs, and Canes.
Won Cup with Boston.
I believe the clue about the cup was he won a cup before he came to the Leafs which would eliminate Kaberle.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Honestly, how do people listen to Overdrive? It just seems like garbage from beginning to end.
Its gotten to the point where I just download Ferraro 15 min take and dont bother listening to the rest of it.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I believe the clue about the cup was he won a cup before he came to the Leafs which would eliminate Kaberle.

I've not listened to the other clues, but can it be Gary "too much man" Roberts?
I know of at least 3 teams he played for, and he won a cup in Calgary.

Not sure if he was a teammate of Carlo though.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I've not listened to the other clues, but can it be Gary "too much man" Roberts?
I know of at least 3 teams he played for, and he won a cup in Calgary.

Not sure if he was a teammate of Carlo though.
Played with too many teams. At least Calgary, Carolina, Toronto, Florida, and Pittsburgh.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
You guys hear Greg Buttons hot take. He sounded pretty confident in saying that the Leafs will not finish top three in the division and be a wild card team.
Although I understand the leafs are in a tough division I really dont agree. I see them finishing 2nd

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He won't be doing full hockey coverage for his entire contract though. He will just go to covering the draft, WJC, and other events.

He’ll still be doing most of the Leaf games. Free Agent Frenzy, Trade Center, WJC, Draft, Draft Specials and what not.

So not as many radio hits and no non-Leaf games.

But for us, we essentially get McKenzie for another 5 years. Other fanbases won’t see him as much

Reactions: qqaz

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You guys hear Greg Buttons hot take. He sounded pretty confident in saying that the Leafs will not finish top three in the division and be a wild card team.
Although I understand the leafs are in a tough division I really dont agree. I see them finishing 2nd
I see them contending for first. Its funny, all fans of other teams talk about is Toronto media bias, and how they overrate the leafs. I personally see the complete opposite.

This team has made drastic improvements this year imo, and our younger players will only get better. This team is being heavily slept on.

Reactions: qqaz, kb and bionic

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
So, for the first time ever, I'm watching a significant chunk of Overdrive. Just based on the first 20 minutes of the show, it seems like Noodles is the only one with common sense. Hayes seems like a typical host -- digging up nonsense to talk about and Odog is the same idiot I always hated.

I also hate the fact that TSN advertises this show by promoting the fact that Odog is proud of his lack of knowledge.

I wish hf boards had a dislike button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad