TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Back to Sports Media....

I'm kind of surprised Rob Wong doesn't get a more significant role on Fan590. I know he does Sportsnet Today on weekends sometimes but I think he's pretty good on radio.

Reactions: al secord

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Something tells me she’s far more sane and trained to commit a crime like that. Like most people she’s aware of the stand your ground self-defence law and wouldn't open fire.

At the same time I don’t think Matthews and his crew are going to walk around breaking into just anyone’s car at unknown or unsafe locations.

Not sure that's a very safe assumption.

Right now, this week, is the trial of Amber Guyger. She's the Dallas cop that shot and killed an accountant who was home alone in his apartment.

She had somehow mistaken his apartment for hers, and when she saw a strange man in "her" apartment she drew her weapon and fired, killing him. Act first, ask questions later.....

So..... you think a female on her own at 2AM in a state with "concealed carry" laws is no threat to a bunch of strangers trying to open her car doors?

Turns out you were right. Sure could have gone the other way though.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Given the circumstances that we have been made aware of, I agree that in a worst case scenario he could have been shot.
1) female alone in car at 2am
2) works a security job so maybe is provided a firearm by company or keeps a personal one with her for protection
3) these guys try to open her car door

Can understand that if she was armed that she might have been scared, grabbed the gun and opened fire.

isn't she also an army vet with PTSD?, im sure I read she was unless someone just made that up somewhere. very very easily could have been shot

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
isn't she also an army vet with PTSD?, im sure I read she was unless someone just made that up somewhere. very very easily could have been shot

I don’t know her at all, but she doesn’t sound like a criminal to me.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don’t know her at all, but she doesn’t sound like a criminal to me.

oh sorry I didn't realize that was the conversation, I agree she doesn't sound like a criminal. I thought the conversation was people armed with guns can sometimes get spooked into shooting them hence why regular folk shouldn't have guns, especially if they have a mental condition based on a time when they were in the army.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
oh sorry I didn't realize that was the conversation, I agree she doesn't sound like a criminal. I thought the conversation was people armed with guns can sometimes get spooked into shooting them hence why regular folk shouldn't have guns, especially if they have a mental condition based on a time when they were in the army.

That would be a crime.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That would be a crime.

ok? doesn't mean she is a criminal right now does it, she didn't shoot him. But it would be very conceivable a person could shoot someone out of being scared shitless. If you hit and kill someone with your car its a crime yet are you a criminal before that accident?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
plugs hoping plugs don't lose their spots in the league. They know they will be completely forgotten very quickly if no one like them exist anymore

Blues Bruins VGK Wash have rosters full of “plugs” . Any idea what they have in common?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Blues Bruins VGK Wash have rosters full of “plugs” . Any idea what they have in common?

please show your working out here. Show me plugs as big as Anthony stewart on each of those teams. Ryan Reeves is the closest thing to a plug on those teams that played significant games, Tom Wilson is a skilled "tough guy"

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Hockey Central was awful today.

Starting the year off by Marek and Friedman congratulating themselves for being the main voices/opinions of Sportsnet/CBC hockey. Are they knowledgeable and connected? Sure. Are they entertaining? Not at all.

:(

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I wish people would call out Button more when he makes stupid claims.

Like the other day he was saying "If the Habs beat the Leafs in two games last year, they're the team with 100 points and not the Leafs, that's how close Toronto came to missing".

You can say that for a lot of teams lol. If the Leafs beat the Bruins in the games that they lost, the Leafs finish 2nd in the division and have home ice. Why doesn't Button see that? lol

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens

Like the other day he was saying "If the Habs beat the Leafs in two games last year, they're the team with 100 points and not the Leafs, that's how close Toronto came to missing".

You can say that for a lot of teams lol. If the Leafs beat the Bruins in the games that they lost, the Leafs finish 2nd in the division and have home ice. Why doesn't Button see that? lol

As the immortal Bill Watters used to say to helium high pitched voice Greg Brady when Greg was inundating Bill with "but's" and "if's".........."If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas".

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

What you're saying is true but it doesn't make what he said dumb because it is true. I think the point he was making imo was that you can't treat games within your division lightly because 1 game can make or break your season.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
plugs hoping plugs don't lose their spots in the league. They know they will be completely forgotten very quickly if no one like them exist anymore

And the regular season will continue to be unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad