TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Yea there are ways around the tax rate for sure but those ways exist in all jurisdictions and are not unlimited so in the end the base rate still matters in relative terms

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Yea there are ways around the tax rate for sure but those ways exist in all jurisdictions and are not unlimited so in the end the base rate still matters in relative terms
They dont pay the same tax rate either; there is a Canada - US treaty for entertainers and athletes on how they should be taxed due to work in multiple jurisdictions.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Training camp in Bahamas or Virgin Islands to reduce the taxes
Play south of Miami if you dare
At trick older than thermal faxes
going through customs? Nothing but my genius to declare

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
SDid I really hear Andre Deveaux as the call in hockey expert on the Fan590 while 2 non-athlete talking heads jabbered on inanely with him about player safety? The same Andre Deveaux who did this:

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
They dont pay the same tax rate either; there is a Canada - US treaty for entertainers and athletes on how they should be taxed due to work in multiple jurisdictions.
Do you have a source/link to explain this. It's something I've always been interested in, but have never seen any legit documentation of it.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Do you have a source/link to explain this. It's something I've always been interested in, but have never seen any legit documentation of it.

From a tax law perspective for the average citizen there is a lot of verbiage that we can use to our advantage to limit our taxes paid to minimal. From what I read JT had a home in Toronto, this would mean he already pays canadian taxes but anyways dm me I can answer other questions.
John Tavares Could Save Nearly $12 Million In Taxes On His New Contract

Ill look for some other links from my university days to see if I can find more concrete stuff

Reactions: Trawna Phan

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Lol Ray took that way too far. Turned from a hockey discussion to personal insults way too quickly

Also good on O’Neil calling out Jack Edwards for personally trashing opposing players during the broadcast. Really shows what type of people they are, Keeping that sort of guy around.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Anybody catch the Ferraro segment on Overdrive today? Got pretty awkward with Ferraro basically calling Hayes a replaceable fanboy with an 'inflated sense of self'. Kinda cringeworthy.
Yeeesh I’m definitely going to have to listen to the podcast

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
Hayes was also being unreasonable with Nylander.

It’s expected that a player joining mid season at least have a few weeks to adjust. Guy didn’t play for like 230 days

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Ferraro acted like a knob. It did seem awkward.
I don’t understand the blind love most have here for Ferraro. I can’t stand him.
Yeah, I don't understand why Ferraro took it so far. Yes, Hayes's comments were kind of silly, but they did not warrant such an aggressive response.

On a sidenote, O'Dog is slowly transforming into Drew Carey.

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
They were being ridiculous saying Nylander should go to the AHL for a few games.
This is what happens when it is all Leafs all the time and all other talk verboten
Then the hosts start calling each other names
They really need to expand horizons on TSN like they do on the Fan to other sports not yet forgotten
Nylander on the Leafs without a doubt never-mind trading him to the Flames

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
This is what happens when it is all Leafs all the time and all other talk verboten
They really need to expand horizons on TSN like they do on the Fan to other sports not yet forgotten

no matter what when ray ferraro calls in its going to be hockey talk man. your vendetta against the show because the raptors dont get enough love doesnt fit here

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

is there a particular reason why you're posting poetically?

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
is there a particular reason why you're posting poetically?
Other people's torture is my sick amusement
But I do write this parenthetically
TSN Radio? All Leafs all the time results in "Leafs talk on the dock" mid-summer -night bemusement

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I didn't like that from Ferraro either. I think he was just trying to mess with Hayes good-naturedly, but it didn't come off that way at all.

Reactions: AreBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad