TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Dreger on leafs lunch today saying Matthews will be looking at a 11m 5 year or 12.5 6 year contract and marner can get 10m 5-6 years.....

What the f***?

Tkachuk and Aho are only 5 points behind marner in the scoring race while point has 3 points more.

All are RFA's this offseason but no one is talking about them getting that kind of money.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Odogg and Hayes going at eachother for the last 15 min haha. For once I'm on O-Dogg's side. He's basically saying it's a good trade, the Leafs def improved, but they shouldn't be finished trading and Tampa isn't sitting there all "oh sh*t, we need to counter this Muzzin trade". Hayes I think is moving the goal posts from his initial take that we are fine to be finished dealing and Tampa should be worried, etc - which I agree with O that Muzzin obv makes us better but I'm not sure it's a massive needle mover to make a team like Tampa motivated to make a move. Either way, glad it's a snow day for me so I could catch this back and forth lol

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Yeah but who cares what other teams do...We are a better team now and hopefully we can improve even more. f*** what Tampa does.

Reactions: The Cobra

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
You missed the point - are we "all-in" with this move and we were a Jake Muzzin away from being a Cup favourite/true contender, or should there be another move to get there. I believe we need another move to reach that status, so does O-dog.

Reactions: The Cobra

srnd9399

Apr 10, 2018
NB, Canada
My wife and I were listening and were quite annoyed at Odog in that segment. Hayes didn’t say the Leafs should not make more moves or that teams were shaking in their boots as Odog made it seem. He said other teams take notice when quality players are acquired by other teams especially in their own division....which I’m sure is true. The Leafs are indeed a better team now than they were 24 hours ago.
I personally hope the Leafs are not done, but I’m super excited to see the new D core

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
For those that watch overdrive, how knowledgeable are o-dog and the rest of the panel when it comes to the NBA/Raptors?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
For those that watch overdrive, how knowledgeable are o-dog and the rest of the panel when it comes to the NBA/Raptors?

Zero knowledge. Similar to the Jays and baseball and now I’m questioning how much hockey Hayes knows.

Put it this way Hayes has been on the Raptors rebuild train for almost two years. Says the Raps aren’t going to win a championship against the Warriors so why try, just rebuild.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I think it was known for a long time that the Overdrive guys weren't anything but hockey guys.

As far as Wilner being replaced by Scotty Mac, I am all for it. Wilner is so arrogant and condescending to callers that disagree with him.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Dreger on leafs lunch today saying Matthews will be looking at a 11m 5 year or 12.5 6 year contract and marner can get 10m 5-6 years.....

What the ****?

Tkachuk and Aho are only 5 points behind marner in the scoring race while point has 3 points more.

All are RFA's this offseason but no one is talking about them getting that kind of money.

It does seem like when it comes to contracts, Leaf players will just get more than anyone else. HF boards is like this too.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think it was known for a long time that the Overdrive guys weren't anything but hockey guys.

As far as Wilner being replaced by Scotty Mac, I am all for it. Wilner is so arrogant and condescending to callers that disagree with him.
Hayes knows some football, but yeah they're mainly hockey guys.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Zero knowledge. Similar to the Jays and baseball and now I’m questioning how much hockey Hayes knows.

Put it this way Hayes has been on the Raptors rebuild train for almost two years. Says the Raps aren’t going to win a championship against the Warriors so why try, just rebuild.

Yikes. Had a feeling they didn’t know much.

TSN is pretty much 5 people doing all their shows. O-Dog probably sleeps in the studio.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
My wife and I were listening and were quite annoyed at Odog in that segment. Hayes didn’t say the Leafs should not make more moves or that teams were shaking in their boots as Odog made it seem. He said other teams take notice when quality players are acquired by other teams especially in their own division....which I’m sure is true. The Leafs are indeed a better team now than they were 24 hours ago.
I personally hope the Leafs are not done, but I’m super excited to see the new D core

That’s odog, misunderstands something then argues something that was never an argument. I haven’t listened yet but the overdrive arguments always tend to go the same way. Odog misunderstands something and rants about it for too long

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

You know on this board when non-Raptors/Jays fans ask about the hockey equivalent when either team makes a trade? That's Noodles in particular, who has to equate everything, literally everything, back to hockey.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

What the ****?

It will be very annoying if the big three rip the roster to shreds by taking too much money. All that hope down the drain.... or into their wallets I suppose.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I listened to the argument. Odog is an absolute idiot that man embarrassed himself yet again.

“Didn’t make anyone blink” what a f***ing idiot

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
5 minutes of leafs lunch was as much as I could handle today. I can’t listen to these fear mongers anymore, namely Gord Miller.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
5 minutes of leafs lunch was as much as I could handle today. I can’t listen to these fear mongers anymore, namely Gord Miller.
lol Gord cant get through a single 2 hr radio show without mentioning leafs players getting offer sheeted its the same conversation over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad