TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If you think Gardiner was boo'd because of a mistake you're not informed. Leafs fans would never boo a player for a mistake or two. He was boo'd because it's the same song and dance over and over with him, throughout his entire time here, combined with a losing streak of sorts and losing to your most hated rival, all in one. You can feel it's stupid but I've already outlined a reason why it's not necessarily stupid (if the fans want player X out of town and for the GM to know their feelings about that). I rarely get the chance to go to games personally so I've not boo'd Gardiner - but I can understand why some Leafs fans are completely fed up and frustrated with him at this point, whether you agree with that or not doesn't negate it's reality. Lastly, I don't think you give a guy like Gardiner enough credit for thinking he now believes all Leafs fans hate him or something. I'm betting his ego is not that fragile, nor does he equate a small faction of Leafs' fans to mean it's him against the world.
I get why those people booed him. I just think they are morons for doing it.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Did Scott MacArthur get fired? Haven’t been listening to TSN radio lately and noticed his show isn’t in the rotation, and he deleted all his tweets on Twitter. What did I miss lol

Reactions: ktownhockey

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Didn't take long -- sounds like Scott MacArthur will become the new host of the Blue Jays post-game talk. Figured he'd be leaving for something along these lines as it seemed like his heart was covering the Blue Jays on the Fan 590. Great opportunity for him.

And great for us as we get to hear less of Wilner and his confrontational ways with callers. MacArthur should bring a sense of levity and normalcy to the show, which is much needed. I'll actually be willing to tune back in to listen again.

Did Scott MacArthur get fired? Haven’t been listening to TSN radio lately and noticed his show isn’t in the rotation, and he deleted all his tweets on Twitter. What did I miss lol

You did miss something for sure ;-)

Reactions: bax and ktownhockey

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
lol hosting? this guy really does love talking wouldnt be surprised if he did leafs lunch the same day

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Omg listening to Noodles defend the Oilers is insufferable.
Guess you were listening around the same time I was. You could hear the tone in his voice change when Hayes was ripping the Oilers. For the worst franchise in sports, Noodles sure defends them more than he should.

Reactions: Slot

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Remember when moving to sportsnet was a demotion?

Still is. The NBCsport’s broadcast of the Leafs game last night absolutely destroyed Sportsnet’s coverage. Pregame, intermission, play by play....everything.

The great thing about working with Sportsnet covering the Jays, once you learn the script you’re home and cooled.

Reactions: AreBe

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Still is. The NBCsport’s broadcast of the Leafs game last night absolutely destroyed Sportsnet’s coverage. Pregame, intermission, play by play....everything.

The great thing about working with Sportsnet covering the Jays, once you learn the script you’re home and cooled.

And march/april in florida every year paid for by the company. What a gig

Reactions: Anthrax442

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
2 shows with Gord. NO. NO. Are the shows bearable? I haven't mustered enough strength to listen.
No its not bearable lol hes a f***ing loser. He says things so matter of factly as if his opinion is the only one that can be right

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Anybody listen to Dangle today?

I think he's a shouting idiot most of the time but today's podcast is an absolute doozy

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Of course Noodles says he keeps Bob over Panarin...

Does this guy not realize the price difference it is to acquire a good goalie vs top line winger. Also Bob has been terrible today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->