TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So many complaints about leafs lunch in here everyday. How about don’t listen to it? A show with that many blowhards and tryhards on it is never going to be good. Everyone on it just speaks to hear the sound of their own voices.

Leafs lunch was only good when it was the overdrive guys. Essentially leafs lunch is 3 hours leafs dinner now.

actually no.
i personally everyone on there but Andi. it's fine except for that aspect (for me).

i mean i don't like Jeff - but i'll still listen to overdrive.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
actually no.
i personally everyone on there but Andi. it's fine except for that aspect (for me).

i mean i don't Jeff - but i'll stilllisten to overdrive.

How does one "Jeff" if I may ask?

giphy.gif

Reactions: WillNy29

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I for one don’t listen to it. But by voicing my dislike for the show here and other public medium,I hope that maybe, if there’s enough grassroots protest, TSN may take notice and make changes.

Not on a forum there won’t be. You’d have to email tsn or get a petition with signatures.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
actually no.

i mean i don't Jeff - but i'll stilllisten to overdrive.

That’s fair, for me gord Miller and Craig button a far worse than andi. And in know way like Andi to put that in perspective.

2 horrible people and andi who is out of her depth to control the horrible people

Reactions: MsMeow and garce

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
They're trying to spread a limited amount of news as thinly as possible so their personalities enter it more and they get cranky. You can't really detect that Gord's an asshole when he does games but on Leafs Lunch he comes across like a total douchebag. Mostly though I think it's just a slog and they get impatient trying to fill out the hour. Andi is better than she used to be but still shouldn't be there.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Not on a forum there won’t be. You’d have to email tsn or get a petition with signatures.

Decisions like that would be based on ratings and advertising revenue, things like that.

Petitions won't do anything if the show is working financially for TSN.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Seriously, these guys come out of the gate talking about the masters? Haven't even mentioned the game yet

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
How does one "Jeff" if I may ask?

giphy.gif

hahahahahahaa nicely played. (I don't like Jeff).

That’s fair, for me gord Miller and Craig button a far worse than andi. And in know way like Andi to put that in perspective.

2 horrible people and andi who is out of her depth to control the horrible people

that's fair too. I mean Gord makes me tired. but i like some of his perspective.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Yeah that’s why I said other media. But I know Ottawa TSN watches this board I hear them reference it often Ian Mendes a prominent local host posts on the Sens board fairly regularly. Wouldn’t surprise me if someone at TSN management were at least aware when their programming and on air staff are discussed here and other online forums. I would think it would be part of someone’s job to be clued in to such things.
Don’t feel strongly enough to do the work on a petition I’ll do my part by kvetching here and other sites.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Noodles just claimed that Raycroft was "outstanding," in his first year as a Leaf and Hayes agreed and claimed he was unfairly run out of the city. I guess a GAA of 3 and a save % of .894 qualifies as outstanding. The only reason he broke the Leafs goalie record for wins in a season is because he played in 71 games and the Leafs gave him decent goal support.

I watch Overdrive because they're entertaining but as far as intelligent hockey analysis is concerned my expectations have lowered drastically over time.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Noodles just claimed that Raycroft was "outstanding," in his first year as a Leaf and Hayes agreed and claimed he was unfairly run out of the city. I guess a GAA of 3 and a save % of .894 qualifies as outstanding. The only reason he broke the Leafs goalie record for wins in a season is because he played in 71 games and the Leafs gave him decent goal support.

I watch Overdrive because they're entertaining but as far as intelligent hockey analysis is concerned my expectations have lowered drastically over time.
People in the media weren't hard enough on Raycroft. He was atrocious during his time here. Any time the media asked him about his play he seemed like such a sulky baby.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I for one don’t listen to it. But by voicing my dislike for the show here and other public medium,I hope that maybe, if there’s enough grassroots protest, TSN may take notice and make changes.
Leafs lunch could have zero listeners and they still wouldn't fire her.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yeah that’s why I said other media. But I know Ottawa TSN watches this board I hear them reference it often Ian Mendes a prominent local host posts on the Sens board fairly regularly. Wouldn’t surprise me if someone at TSN management were at least aware when their programming and on air staff are discussed here and other online forums. I would think it would be part of someone’s job to be clued in to such things.
Don’t feel strongly enough to do the work on a petition I’ll do my part by kvetching here and other sites.

One fact tells me that isn’t true.

Here it is: Jim hughson still hosts the leafs Saturday night games. No one likes that Canuck loving clown yet here we still are dealing with him every Saturday night in the regular season.

Playoffs are a little different but still

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
One fact tells me that isn’t true.

Here it is: Jim hughson still hosts the leafs Saturday night games. No one likes that Canuck loving clown yet here we still are dealing with him every Saturday night in the regular season.

Playoffs are a little different but still

Yeah, but that’s national. Jimbo is a cornerstone of Rogers team that’s got hundreds of millions at stake. They’re not going to be moved by a single fan base even if it’s the largest. He s so bland most don’t even notice his bias.

Reactions: Walshy7

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yeah, but that’s national. Jimbo is a cornerstone of Rogers team that’s got hundreds of millions at stake. They’re not going to be moved by a single fan base even if it’s the largest. He s so bland most don’t even notice his bias.

Yeah fair call. But this forum (the leafs section) almost universally hate him if they really read this they’d find a new anchor guy

Reactions: garce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad