TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It'll be such a phenomenon if each board of HF get their own podcast online. Ours would be the most listened. I'm sure it'll be pretty successful.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I really like the Clash, but I'm going to be sooooo happy when this concert is over and done with so we don't have to keep hearing about it anymore. I hope Bell Media is getting a healthy discount to allow Mitch to spend so much airtime on his side hustle.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I really like the Clash, but I'm going to be sooooo happy when this concert is over and done with so we don't have to keep hearing about it anymore. I hope Bell Media is getting a healthy discount to allow Mitch to spend so much airtime on his side hustle.

This one seems to be the most publicized yet. They are also increasing in frequency.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
This one seems to be the most publicized yet. They are also increasing in frequency.

I wonder if that's a statement on ticket sales so far. I'm a Clash fan and if I still lived in Montreal I probably wouldn't go as I'm not into cover bands or tribute acts which this essentially is. I do, and would, travel to Montreal to go see concerts of bands playing their own music however. Still, I hope they're successful and that people going will enjoy it, but I just wish I didn't have to hear about it constantly every afternoon.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Only time I've read Todd is when someone brings in an excerpt in here or when he immerses himself in an ongoing situation -- like that time the t-shirt guy was getting on camera in Florida and tweeting about it -- and Todd came in with his big boots and insulted him.

Other than that, I avoid him.
i actually had a back and forth with todd on twitter for a while but then i hammered francois gagnon who i accused of not only being incompetent - but also pitting koivu vs kovalev as he seemed to say different things about both depending if he spoke to french or english media - and todd blocked me

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I wonder if that's a statement on ticket sales so far. I'm a Clash fan and if I still lived in Montreal I probably wouldn't go as I'm not into cover bands or tribute acts which this essentially is. I do, and would, travel to Montreal to go see concerts of bands playing their own music however. Still, I hope they're successful and that people going will enjoy it, but I just wish I didn't have to hear about it constantly every afternoon.

Clash don’t lend well to covers. Dylan does, TVZ.

I’m not big in tribute bands in general. Kind of hokey.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I had never heard Townes Van Zandt's stuff before Ken Burns' country music miniseries. Changed my life. He was a genius, far ahead of his time.

Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that," said Steve Earle.

Earle wasn’t fully serious, but his best stuff is as good as anyone. Check out Snowing on Raton, one of my favourites. And any version of Pancho and Lefty other than the best one.

Townes, Kristofferson and Guy Clark were all masterful.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that," said Steve Earle.

Earle wasn’t fully serious, but his best stuff is as good as anyone. Check out Snowing on Raton, one of my favourites. And any version of Pancho and Lefty other than the best one.

Townes, Kristofferson and Guy Clark were all masterful.
I've seen Mr Dylan's bodyguards, and you couldn't get anywhere near his coffee table.

Or something like that...

The great thing about Spotify is you have all the music, all of the time.

So far, my favourites are Pancho and If I Needed You. I had heard the Willie Nelson version already, it's good, except the intro sounds like an 80s lawyer drama.

Reactions: Tighthead

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Highway driving well past midnight so I missed the game. Let me get this straight...a well rested team jumps out to a 4-0 lead against a team with 7 players 21 or younger playing on back to back nights and they outscored the Habs 6-1 the rest of the game?

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Anyone else here the fake laughing hyenas theve hired to replace the Melnick crew this week?

Jesus christ I thought Gallo was bad but that still guy takes the cake

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Don't always listen to TSN 690 but tuned in at 10:40 a.m. and I have to say Tony has been pretty hilarious..

I guess if I was listening to him everyday my opinion would differ.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Marinaro might have gone over the edge this time lol he’s having a meltdown. Someone needs to save him

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I didn't hear his entire rant or yelling, but I did laugh when he mentioned about the Habs keeping all that cap space to give everyone a raise.

He's like they missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, might miss it 4 of the last 5 and they all need raises.

:laugh:

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
i actually had a back and forth with todd on twitter for a while but then i hammered francois gagnon who i accused of not only being incompetent - but also pitting koivu vs kovalev as he seemed to say different things about both depending if he spoke to french or english media - and todd blocked me
Todd blocked someone on Twitter? Shocking. /s

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro might have gone over the edge this time lol he’s having a meltdown. Someone needs to save him

I heard his rant. I don't tune in to his show anymore but this morning I did, figuring his soccer show might be talking Habs instead. And he did.

His rant went all over the place. Some of it coherent (said the Bruins had better drafting, compared draft picks where so many misses by the Habs were followed by Bruin picks taken later and who are playing with the Bruins right now and mentioned an argument I've been pushing since I began posting here about how the Habs should poach other teams for scouts and outspend any other team on whatever advantage they can gain that is not subject to the cap) and then he went off the rails when he started talking about size as being the principal problem.

He rattled off a bunch of Boston players by height and then compared them against players who were mostly one or two inches shorter who were on the Habs's team. For one, that's not really "size". And, two, size matters to an extent but it also matters how you define it.

It was another of his patented speeches following a Habs's skid, threw in some Italian expressions in there and basically created his usual crazyman maelstrom about how he's going to get a heart attack and how he was going to need a vacation following his "rant".

Nothing I hadn't heard before.

The real highlight for me came later in the afternoon during Melnick's show. It was just before 6PM when Melnick was doing an ad lib spot for the station's favorite restaurant, Morella's (where I assume they keep getting free food). Joey and Gallo jumped in about holding another restaurant outing there and how they'd be bringing "Jimmy G" and other station regulars and rattling off names of their station buddies who would be dining with them.

At one point, Joey interjects and says "I just got a voice mail, it was a loud voice. It's from Marinaro." So Joey mentions how Marinaro had heard their conversation about food and going to Morella's, and had barked out on the voice mail "I wanna come too."

Then, Melnick shafted Marinaro by playing the "I wanna come too" sound byte a couple of times over, maybe more since I stopped listening at one point. The replaying of that sound byte made Marinaro sound like a gluttony, petulant child. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I heard his rant. I don't tune in to his show anymore but this morning I did, figuring his soccer show might be talking Habs instead. And he did.

His rant went all over the place. Some of it coherent (said the Bruins had better drafting, compared draft picks where so many misses by the Habs were followed by Bruin picks taken later and who are playing with the Bruins right now and mentioned an argument I've been pushing since I began posting here about how the Habs should poach other teams for scouts and outspend any other team on whatever advantage they can gain that is not subject to the cap) and then he went off the rails when he started talking about size as being the principal problem.

He rattled off a bunch of Boston players by height and then compared them against players who were mostly one or two inches shorter who were on the Habs's team. For one, that's not really "size". And, two, size matters to an extent but it also matters how you define it.

It was another of his patented speeches following a Habs's skid, threw in some Italian expressions in there and basically created his usual crazyman maelstrom about how he's going to get a heart attach and how he was going to need a vacation following his "rant".

The real highlight for me came later in the afternoon during Melnick's show. It was just before 6PM when Melnick was doing an ad lib spot for the station's favorite restaurant, Morella's (where I assume they keep getting free food). Joey and Gallo jumped in about holding another restaurant outing there and how they'd be bringing "Jimmy G" and other station regulars and rattling off names of their station buddies who would be dining with them.

At one point, Joey interjects and says "I just got a voice mail, it was a loud voice. It's from Marinaro." So Joey mentions how Marinaro had heard their conversation about food and going to Morella's, and had barked out on the voice mail "I wanna come too."

Then, Melnick shafted Marinaro by playing the "I wanna come too" sound byte a couple of times over, maybe more since I stopped listening at one point. The replaying of that sound byte made Marinaro sound like a gluttony, petulant child. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tony is too ridiculous for my liking and he often ignores that the game is more complex (multifaceted) than his black/white analogies would suggest. There are many components/factors to building a winner , a well oiled machine that surrounds the players helps a lot that's for sure(Management/Coaching/Scouting/Development/Trainers). Especially not being handicapped by BS criteria and consistently firing,re-hiring the same coaches and expecting better outcomes...

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tony is too ridiculous for my liking and he often ignores that the game is more complex (multifaceted) than his black/white analogies would suggest. There are many components/factors to building a winner , a well oiled machine that surrounds the players helps a lot that's for sure(Management/Coaching/Scouting/Development/Trainers). Especially not being handicapped by BS criteria and consistently firing,re-hiring the same coaches and expecting better outcomes...

If you haven't forward-slash flooded a post in order to express the above, then you haven't lived. :D

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

It was another of his patented speeches following a Habs's skid, threw in some Italian expressions in there and basically created his usual crazyman maelstrom about how he's going to get a heart attach and how he was going to need a vacation following his "rant".

lol typical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad