TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Quote is messed up but also weird replies from people saying “right on Jack” or “people wanted a rebuild and now don’t support it”.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of sports fans...?
Ya, toddler running around and I deleted a colon by mistake and didn't have time to check it. I fixed it.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
f***ing TSN690, man. I tune into the post game show to hear about the HOCKEY game, and all they're doing is talking about the NFL. Shut up you idiots and stay on topic. There's no need to ask every caller about their stupid football team during an NHL post game show.

Someone needs to moderate McKenna and Campbell. They're terrible hosts for the post game show.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His responses to everyone were bizarre.
Tweeter X: "I don't think Bergevin will win the Cup for us"
Todd: "stop it! Just stop it! You've been blocked!!!!
Repeat 100x for inoffensive, innocuous tweets that were simply not supportive enough of management.
[/QUOTE]

Todd is merely replicating the same conduct he used to exhibit prior to social media.

Long ago, he used to make appearances on Melnick's show. Then, this one time, Melnick had to take an important call from his celebrity line or such and politely asked Todd to stay on hold while he took the call. Melnick then came back to Todd's call only to find out that Todd had hung up, lol.

Todd never appeared on a Melnick show again.

Reactions: hotcarle

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ya, toddler running around and I deleted a colon by mistake and didn't have time to check it. I fixed it.

That's such a beautiful time in one's life. Enjoy your little one even if it means skipping a colon or comma now and again. :thumbu:

Reactions: hotcarle

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca

Todd is merely replicating the same conduct he used to exhibit prior to social media.

Long ago, he used to make appearances on Melnick's show. Then, this one time, Melnick had to take an important call from his celebrity line or such and politely asked Todd to stay on hold while he took the call. Melnick then came back to Todd's call only to find out that Todd had hung up, lol.

Todd never appeared on a Melnick show again.[/QUOTE]
I always wondered what the beef was about.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Guys like Jack Todd and Eric Engels with their softball questions are a much bigger problem than the Tremblays and the Marinaros. The apologists are the real danger.

FFS Gauthier was fired after 2011-2012. At this point, the Habs had been missing the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons. He was fired, and rightfully so, because the standards are held high in Montreal. Now, we're just trying to find positives about the way we lose games. Pathetic.

Reactions: Andy

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Guys like Jack Todd and Eric Engels with their softball questions are a much bigger problem than the Tremblays and the Marinaros. The apologists are the real danger.

FFS Gauthier was fired after 2011-2012. At this point, the Habs had been missing the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons. He was fired, and rightfully so, because the standards are held high in Montreal. Now, we're just trying to find positives about the way we lose games. Pathetic.

Engels, Todd and honestly most journalists are blatantly dishonest and have no shame about it. I mean just look at Engels physical appearance and think about how someone could choose to look like that while knowing they're on national tV and Todd is an american army deserter who's twitter behavior says everything

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Engels, Todd and honestly most journalists are blatantly dishonest and have no shame about it. I mean just look at Engels physical appearance and think about how someone could choose to look like that while knowing they're on national tV and Todd is an american army deserter who's twitter behavior says everything

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That was raw

Reactions: jackeymoon

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

Todd never appeared on a Melnick show again.[/QUOTE]
He definitely has anger management issues,probably because he knows everyone can't stand him.how this turd still exists in media is puzzling.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Todd is a fkn hypocrite, I did the same thing at the end of the 2017-18 season, I mentioned that Bergevin should be fired and he blocked me. A couple of weeks later he wrote a column that Bergevin should step down. What a POS.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I noticed Gord Miller was on 690 and I think he was completely wrong about PK Subban. They were talking about how PK has declined and he's having issues in NJ, no argument there. But Miller said that in his prime, PK had great straight-away speed and bad agility, and now that speed is gone so his skating has really dropped off.

Am I the only one who thinks it's the opposite? I always remember PK having amazing edges and lacking straightforward speed. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I noticed Gord Miller was on 690 and I think he was completely wrong about PK Subban. They were talking about how PK has declined and he's having issues in NJ, no argument there. But Miller said that in his prime, PK had great straight-away speed and bad agility, and now that speed is gone so his skating has really dropped off.

Am I the only one who thinks it's the opposite? I always remember PK having amazing edges and lacking straightforward speed. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

No you're not, I think the same. Pretty sure everyone (or most) on here too.

Reactions: Habssince89

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
No you're not, I think the same. Pretty sure everyone (or most) on here too.

There used to be some youtube vids of him doing edge/agility work that was pretty impressive. I like Gord but he was off on this one.

Personally, I think PK's back is a wreck and I suspect his career to end with LTIR sometime after next season.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I like Gord Miller but he left me scratching my head when he called Ales Hemsky an "elite goal scorer" on TSN690 after he signed as a UFA with the Habs. Even Melnick was like you can't be serious but Miller was completely serious. And yet fans on a internet hockey forum are the completely clueless ones according to some who think media guys like Miller know more than many fans do.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I like Gord Miller but he left me scratching my head when he called Ales Hemsky an "elite goal scorer" when he signed as a UFA with the Habs on TSN690. Even Melnick was like you can't be serious but Miller was completely serious. And yet fans on a internet hockey forum are the completely clueless ones according to some who think media guys like Miller know more than many fans do.

I will give Miller credit, he is willing to admit when he was wrong. I also find his opinions are generally pretty measured.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I think Gord is a great play-by-play guy but a great play-by-play announcer doesn't necessarily make him a great pundit or analyst. He often voices some questionable opinions.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Subban fall off is certainly out of the norm. Bergs was smart to move him when he did.

Reactions: phillytennis

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro getting a taste of what a lot of other media types have gotten from Todd over the years:

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_le_2019-12-11_%C3%A0_16.23.45.png

They probably deserve each other. This could sink even lower, lol.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marinaro getting a taste of what a lot of other media types have gotten from Todd over the years:

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_le_2019-12-11_%C3%A0_16.23.45.png

They probably deserve each other. This could sink even lower, lol.

Todd's pompous and arrogant.

I find Tony good-nature and entertaining. When he talks about himself or his dramatic pains when the habs aren't doing well I find it's all in good fun, not too serious.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Todd's pompous and arrogant.

I find Tony good-nature and entertaining. When he talks about himself or his dramatic pains when the habs aren't doing well I find it's all in good fun, not too serious.

I’d definitely take Tony over Todd any day, if the choice was between the two. Todd is just a tough sell, his behavior is abhorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad