TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Rick Moffat let go.

Not a huge fan but seemed like a decent guy. I'm not sure what someone his age does to re-enter the workforce.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rick Moffat gone.

Not a huge fan but seemed like a decent guy. I'm not sure what someone his age does to re-enter the workforce.

Wow, looks like Bell Media took out the axe today. Terminations announced but not just at 690.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wasn't a fan of Moffat's soccer calls but he was good as an Als play-by-play guy.

Other than that, he stuck out like a sore thumb on the morning show. He sounded off, didn't fit.

I hope he lands somewhere. Meantime, Moffat's sponsors have weighed in:

Litrasitz: You'll see. Hope you scahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!

Lester's Deli: "Sorry, no more free smoke meat for you."

Joey Saputo: "Who are you, again?"

Moffat must have cost a pretty penny. He had been with CJAD forever, before joining 690. This sounds like a pure cost-cutting move so that the young underpaid mouthpieces fill in at far less cost.

Reactions: tazsub3 and jaffy27

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I wasn't a fan of Moffat's soccer calls but he was good as an Als play-by-play guy.

Other than that, he stuck out like a sore thumb on the morning show. He sounded off, didn't fit.

Litrasitz: You'll see. Hope you "scahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!

Moffat must have cost a pretty penny. He had been with CJAD forever, before joining 690. This sounds like a pure cost-cutting move so that the young underpaid mouthpieces fill in at far less cost.

I believe at one point he was program director, or a similar title. So would be compensated beyond just being an on air talent.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I believe at one point he was program director, or a similar title. So would be compensated beyond just being an on air talent.

Did he still hold that title? Or did he give it up when he moved to the sister station, 690? If he remained an on air personality over the last few years and ceased being a program director several years ago, then I imagine his compensation is going to be tied to his most current role.

In any case, it shouldn't really matter. He did well for himself in what is a treacherous field. Like Eliot Price before him and others who got the axe, there comes a time when some of these guys become long in the tooth and too expensive for what they offer. That time had come for Moffat. Hopefully, he was good with the money he made. He was damn lucky to have held the job as long as he did.

Reactions: Tighthead

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Did he still hold that title? Or did he give it up when he moved to the sister station, 690? If he remained an on air personality over the last few years and ceased being a program director several years ago, then I imagine his compensation is going to be tied to his most current role.

I think he was at one point on TSN, but the station may not have a distinct PD now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think he was at one point on TSN, but the station may not have a distinct PD now.

End of an era, I suppose. He was an ever-present voice on that station -- whether it be on the morning show, calling Als or Limp Act games or his God-awful commercials, which were a constant irritant for me as a listener. His goal-calls for the Limp Act were the epitome of cringe. I still wish him well.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The irony of a tweet about Moffat commenting the firing of Cherry. Little did he know how the next day ...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Rick Moffat let go.

I wanna say it’s about time but I don’t root for people losing their jobs, bad karma.

I’m sure he has a mortgage and bills so for this I feel bad......but as a radio guy he was awful, hopefully he finds himself another job not calling Montreal sports.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
End of an era, I suppose. He was an ever-present voice on that station -- whether it be on the morning show, calling Als or Limp Act games or his God-awful commercials, which were a constant irritant for me as a listener. His goal-calls for the Limp Act were the epitome of cringe. I still wish him well.
Spot on agree!!!!!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Litrasitz: You'll see. Hope you scahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!

Has he ever won at “The Quiz”??

Memories of when Elliot Price was let go.....then I believe he was let go in Toronto too!!

tough industry i guess

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I remember Rick and Murray Wilson calling that Habs games back in the Koivu era. Also Rick calling the AC era Als.

I was actually listening to the morning show today. Little did I know that it was the last I’d hear from Moe Fat.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
......but as a radio guy he was awful, hopefully he finds himself another job not calling Montreal sports.

I think I finally figured out what he was trying to say when he was calling Limp Act goals.

He couldn't get himself to say "scored!" whenever he was calling a goal. Instead of that, he got hung up on the first syllable and it sounded like this: "Skahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...!"

Now that he was terminated, the rest of the word that begins with a syllable similar to "skah" has been revealed ...

wDrDbgV.gif

That's right, Rick -- skedaddle. Meant in a good way of course. As jaffy said, hope you land back on your feet but in a non-media capacity. We've, ugh ... heard enough. :sarcasm:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think I finally figured out what he was trying to say when he was calling Limp Act goals.

He couldn't get himself to say "scored!" whenever he was calling a goal. Instead of that, he got hung up on the first syllable and it sounded like this: "Skahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...!"

Now that he was terminated, the rest of the word that begins with a syllable similar to "skah" has been revealed ...

wDrDbgV.gif

That's right, Rick -- skedaddle. Meant in a good way of course. As jaffy said, hope you land back on your feet but in a non-media capacity. We've, ugh ... heard enough. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

oh man.....Scah daddle......:laugh:

good job lol

And God speed Moffat!!!!!

But please, no more sports man, ya just don’t have it lol

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Marc Denis who is usually composed and professional lost his cool during a radio segment he regularly does:

The host of the the show took to making repeated attacks or criticism of Denis, at which points Denis completely lost it and can be heard making these choice quotes:

"As-tu écouté ce que j'ai dit à propos de Merzlikins hier matin? J'fais mes devoirs, cr*sse!"
"Si tu veux pu en entendre parler, Ray ost* ferme ton micro!"
"Si ça t'intéresse pu, change de job, Ray. Tabarn*k!"

Denis is using several expletives in French and on the last one, he's telling the host of the show that he should find another job, lol.

This is the most cringeworthy piece of radio I’ve ever heard. Marc Denis is great but those two nobs are terrible. I can’t believe he even goes on that show.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Marc Denis who is usually composed and professional lost his cool during a radio segment he regularly does:

The host of the the show took to making repeated attacks or criticism of Denis, at which points Denis completely lost it and can be heard making these choice quotes:

"As-tu écouté ce que j'ai dit à propos de Merzlikins hier matin? J'fais mes devoirs, cr*sse!"
"Si tu veux pu en entendre parler, Ray ost* ferme ton micro!"
"Si ça t'intéresse pu, change de job, Ray. Tabarn*k!"

Denis is using several expletives in French and on the last one, he's telling the host of the show that he should find another job, lol.

I came to post this but youre faster. God that was funny :laugh: Denis is the last person I ever expect to drop those bombs on radio.

Reactions: Braun

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the most cringeworthy piece of radio I’ve ever heard. Marc Denis is great but those two nobs are terrible. I can’t believe he even goes on that show.

I don't know what it is about Quebec City's propensity to churn out a string of these shock-jock type of radio hosts and to always be willing to give them a platform.

However, this may not surprise you -- there has been a fallout from Marc Denis's sad interaction with these rank amateurs. Show has been taken off the air and Dupont who was the show's producer and one of its hosts, as well as two others, have been terminated: La controverse impliquant Marc Denis aurait coûté l’emploi d’au moins deux personnes

DLC claims that you can easily link Bell Media's decision with the Marc Denis incident.

I'm glad they moved in and protected their prized employee.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I don't know what it is about Quebec City's propensity to churn out a string of these shock-jock type of radio hosts and to always be willing to give them a platform.

However, this may not surprise you -- there has been a fallout from Marc Denis's sad interaction with these rank amateurs. Show has been taken off the air and Dupont who was the show's producer and one of its hosts, as well as two others, have been terminated: La controverse impliquant Marc Denis aurait coûté l’emploi d’au moins deux personnes

DLC claims that you can easily link Bell Media's decision with the Marc Denis incident.

I'm glad they moved in and protected their prized employee.
Hopefully people won’t blame Marc for that. They really were bad, I’m not sure how their ratings could’ve been great. Probably just the drop that tipped the bucket.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Alfieri is getting on my last nerve. The guy is constantly trying to garner interest for a crappy football league..yes, the CFL...it has no future at all. Move aside for MLS because that's the way the wind is blowing. I keep texting him messages to troll him. The Impact announce a major coup yesterday, pushing the als aside and they have a press conference today to announce....what exactly?? It was pointless, much like that league they play in.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Alfieri is getting on my last nerve. The guy is constantly trying to garner interest for a crappy football league..yes, the CFL...it has no future at all. Move aside for MLS because that's the way the wind is blowing. I keep texting him messages to troll him. The Impact announce a major coup yesterday, pushing the als aside and they have a press conference today to announce....what exactly?? It was pointless, much like that league they play in.
Go to bed, you're drunk. :laugh:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Go to bed, you're drunk. :laugh:

I actually am drunk at the moment. That notwithstanding, I cannot take any league seriously that can have a team that was barely 500 or below make the championship game. To add to that, I cannot take the Als seriously knowing how easy it is to make the playoffs in that league and yet they went more than a handful of years to do it. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad