TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
i was stunned by how fat he got while watching him on RDS

He's put himself through several diets over the years and it always boils down to the same thing -- diets don't work unless they become a lifestyle, which wouldn't make them diets. He's just too enamored with food to be open to changes.

Lucky for him, his dad's a tailor so he can afford to gain, there is always a suit that fits, ready for him.

But yeah, he looks terrible right now.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He's put himself through several diets over the years and it always boils down to the same thing -- diets don't work unless they become a lifestyle, which wouldn't make them diets. He's just too enamored with food to be open to changes.

Lucky for him, his dad's a tailor so he can afford to gain, there is always a suit that fits, ready for him.

But yeah, he looks terrible right now.
i'm a nutritionist i know ;)

but he looks strange, like he had hair removal on his face with that flawless, 1982 jerry-curl mop

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I actually am drunk at the moment. That notwithstanding, I cannot take any league seriously that can have a team that was barely 500 or below make the championship game. To add to that, I cannot take the Als seriously knowing how easy it is to make the playoffs in that league and yet they went more than a handful of years to do it. Embarrassing.
Sober response. The CFL is not to blame for the ineptness of it's teams. Sure it's strange having losing teams in the playoffs, but with only 9 teams, they don't really have a choice. Edmonton had a better record than Ottawa and Toronto.

Sure it's not the NFL, but it's a fun league and it's not going anywhere.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jean Pagé, who for many years was front and center on RadCan's La Soirée du Hockey (HNIC on the franco side) and who hosted and contributed to several international events, including the Olympics, is now in palliative care.

What a gentleman he always was. Classy and well-spoken. Reminiscent of all the RadCan greats who sported the blue jackets with the exploding pizza logo on them.

My best wishes are with him.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Sober response. The CFL is not to blame for the ineptness of it's teams. Sure it's strange having losing teams in the playoffs, but with only 9 teams, they don't really have a choice. Edmonton had a better record than Ottawa and Toronto.

The CFL reminds me of sports back in the day. The players aren't making much money so they have to have a great deal of passion to continue to play the game. Most players must have off season jobs, the way it used to be. I like the rules too, the wider field opens up the game. Now if they could get the officiating more consistent...

Reactions: peate

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The CFL reminds me of sports back in the day. The players aren't making much money so they have to have a great deal of passion to continue to play the game. Most players must have off season jobs, the way it used to be. I like the rules too, the wider field opens up the game. Now if they could get the officiating more consistent...

The CFL minimum salary is around $54,000; you can survive on that easily everywhere but Toronto and Vancouver. The stars make well into the six figures. Most probably do have other jobs just because off-season is long so you might as well top up that salary and keep busy, along with training. There is decent money in the CFL for players who are all not going to be jumping into other high paid jobs after retiring.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The CFL minimum salary is around $54,000; you can survive on that easily everywhere but Toronto and Vancouver. The stars make well into the six figures. Most probably do have other jobs just because off-season is long so you might as well top up that salary and keep busy, along with training. There is decent money in the CFL for players who are all not going to be jumping into other high paid jobs after retiring.
The main point was trying to make, is it`s easier (at least for me) to relate to the salaries the CFL players make in contrast to the major sports leagues. In other words, the way it was back before major tv dollars changed the landscape.

Reactions: Inkling

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I won't mention the subject matter, but has anyone read Todd's article?
He sounds so hurt. :sarcasm:

Only time I've read Todd is when someone brings in an excerpt in here or when he immerses himself in an ongoing situation -- like that time the t-shirt guy was getting on camera in Florida and tweeting about it -- and Todd came in with his big boots and insulted him.

Other than that, I avoid him.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Only time I've read Todd is when someone brings in an excerpt in here or when he immerses himself in an ongoing situation -- like that time the t-shirt guy was getting on camera in Florida and tweeting about it -- and Todd came in with his big boots and insulted him.

Other than that, I avoid him.
Probably wise advice, but I view it as assured laughs on a Monday morning.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Jean Pagé, who for many years was front and center on RadCan's La Soirée du Hockey (HNIC on the franco side) and who hosted and contributed to several international events, including the Olympics, is now in palliative care.

What a gentleman he always was. Classy and well-spoken. Reminiscent of all the RadCan greats who sported the blue jackets with the exploding pizza logo on them.

My best wishes are with him.

God damn I hate reading these things. I really like him. I was thinking just the other day how I hadn't seen him in a long time. I enjoyed him on 98.5 fm too in the afternoons sometimes. Just sad.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
God damn I hate reading these things. I really like him. I was thinking just the other day how I hadn't seen him in a long time. I enjoyed him on 98.5 fm too in the afternoons sometimes. Just sad.

When I called one of the govt tax service lines, I forget which, I used to hear his voice for the automated instructions. It makes the wait less irritating knowing that it was him. There is something really soothing about his delivery. Pretty sad that he's going through this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Probably wise advice, but I view it as assured laughs on a Monday morning.

This was the last Todd moment that I really had a good laugh about. Reminded me how bitter and scumbaggish he can be:

During the Panthers game on March 8th, 2018, there was also an unexpected twitter spat between the t-shirt guy and Jack Todd, where we found out that Todd had been a guest at t-shirt guy's wedding and the whole thing turned nasty in real time:

The t-shirt guy countered with this response, which we couldn't print here as a tweet, given its foul language, so here is his edited response:

"I'd love to spend one round in the ring with you. Just one. To pummel your ass. You suck as a writer and as a friend like the way you turned on Russ Anber years ago. You were at my wedding I wanted to throw you the **** out but spared my family "@jacktodd46
5:30 PM - 8 Mar 2018

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: sheed36 and peate

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
When I called one of the govt tax service lines, I forget which, I used to hear his voice for the automated instructions. It makes the wait less irritating knowing that it was him. There is something really soothing about his delivery. Pretty sad that he's going through this.
Yaa he had a great voice, great diction too.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Economists. Educators. Guidance counsellors. Marketeers. Medical staff. Psychologists. Sport scientists. That's some type of experts I want to see more interacting in our sports media landscape. It gonna certainly educates me and us.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Its really hard to watch. If my TV only had one channel and a CFL game was on there is no way I could watch it. I find it terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad