TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Alright so I think it was yesterday when Gallo returned. So Nilan suddenly leaves early and Campbell decides to inform and update Gallo on everything that has gone on in the past 2 weeks with the Habs and some other minor things un Hab related. Now everyone knows Gallo kept himself in the know. Social media is everywhere. But Campbell has to go over crap we heard for the past 2 weeks piece by piece and game by game for Gallo. I mean this is awesome radio right there folks. We the listener having to listen to one guy getting another guy up to date for a 20 minute or so segment...maybe longer. Meanwhile we've heard them chatter about these events for 2 weeks running. I mean come on. If he had missed 15 games would Campbell have gone on to update him on every single one??? The importance this station places on these two is asinine.

Secondly, since when did Campbell jump Tony in the heirarchy? During Habs lunch he runs the segments. And as for Nilan and his "off the cuff" show, why is Campbell the guy in control of it? Nobody cares about him.

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
Alright so I think it was yesterday when Gallo returned. So Nilan suddenly leaves early and Campbell decides to inform and update Gallo on everything that has gone on in the past 2 weeks with the Habs and some other minor things un Hab related. Now everyone knows Gallo kept himself in the know. Social media is everywhere. But Campbell has to go over crap we heard for the past 2 weeks piece by piece and game by game for Gallo. I mean this is awesome radio right there folks. We the listener having to listen to one guy getting another guy up to date for a 20 minute or so segment...maybe longer. Meanwhile we've heard them chatter about these events for 2 weeks running. I mean come on. If he had missed 15 games would Campbell have gone on to update him on every single one??? The importance this station places on these two is asinine.

Secondly, since when did Campbell jump Tony in the heirarchy? During Habs lunch he runs the segments. And as for Nilan and his "off the cuff" show, why is Campbell the guy in control of it? Nobody cares about him.

Very simple response to the 2 Campbell questions.
Campbell will always be a Habs cheerleader. No matter what is happening. He knows that will be the only way he avoids getting fired and able to be the voice of the Rocket.

As for him running Nilan’s show. He is the lesser of two evils.

Nilan the mush mouth, sounds constantly like his dentures are constantly moving when he talks, either that or he is talking with a mouth filled with food Tony forgot to take home.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Who’re the pro and anti habs management there?

McKenna used to be super anti-Habs management in the past, especially when he used to do the Ice Level podcast. He's had to temper his criticism in recent years but I think you can tell it's still below the surface. Melnick has had some great interviews with Bergevin where he has held his feet to the fire, to the extent that Bergevin doesn't really do interviews on his show anymore. He usually goes on Tony's or Nilan's show because they are more likely to throw him softball questions.

Tony's a weird case. He has been quite critical in the past, but at one point almost overnight several years ago, he suddenly changed during the PK Subban drama. He suddenly started blaming PK for being a problem and started defending management.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That station is clueless with their business model where they recruit on-air hosts from their control room staff after the latter have had a few months on the job.

Some of these guys live in a world of cliches. Some of them have nothing compelling to say. Dave Trentadue still on air? Why? Jimmy G? Norm Butler?

Campbell is one of those lame voices that got lucky. He is literally a cesspool of platitudes disguised as a radio host. He and Gallo won the lottery, with both of them inching closer and closer to doing Habs-work. Which helps explain how they are Hab shills.

Whenever they are on, I'll just move on to something else. I'll only put up with Gallo and his little asshole self-entitled smug attitude when I'm listening to Melnick. I just pretend he's a cumbersome prop that the show forgot to take out, so I can actually focus on the more interesting stuff Melnick has to offer -- mostly the quality of his contributors from the TSN world.

Reactions: DXStriker

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tony's a weird case. He has been quite critical in the past, but at one point almost overnight several years ago, he suddenly changed during the PK Subban drama. He suddenly started blaming PK for being a problem and started defending management.

I've noticed a big change by Tony toward Bergevin from the time Bergevin did his first in-studio interview with him two years ago. It's almost as if Tony became star-struck.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I've noticed a big change by Tony toward Bergevin from the time Bergevin did his first in-studio interview with him two years ago. It's almost as if Tony became star-struck.

A jellyfish like Tony has no overriding beliefs which would lead to consistent opinions from the application of critical thought. He is like a poorly trained dog, you can bend his will with a pork chop (literally and/or figuratively).

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
My favorite thing was when Tony "Broke" the news and was so very proud of himself to announce that Radulov Camp is seeking for 8 years in December .....

You don't say lol Player dominating first 1/4 of the season and is early stages of a negotiation is asking for the most years he can ? I was shocked to learn this lol

Melnick then called him out during a Habs Lunch that was funny too . Tony had asked him something about having sources and Melnick had said I have my people but I would rather stay neutral and say my own opinion on the air .

Reactions: Tighthead

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I'm sure some young sports writer would love for Todd to move along if he having such a horrible time covering the NHL these days. His readers feel the same way about having to slog through his articles and tweets.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Todd’s enmity towards the fans is reaching the crazy stage.

It’s not the losing, the lack of elite talent or the absence of direction. It’s the fans.

If someone is this far around the bend he needs a long rest.

If the product sucks, can't vent about it? what a tool.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I made a fool out of Jack Todd and he blocked me.

Mental midget.

images

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I blew up all his Bergevin defending and he blocked me. I don't have the history of it now that I'm blocked. I wish I remember the specifics.

I had a similar run in with Brian Wilde years ago. Complete p***y. Social media was supposed to connect people but has only mass produced digital echo chambers.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca

Todd’s enmity towards the fans is reaching the crazy stage.

It’s not the losing, the lack of elite talent or the absence of direction. It’s the fans.

If someone is this far around the bend he needs a long rest.

His responses to everyone were bizarre.
Tweeter X: "I don't think Bergevin will win the Cup for us"
Todd: "stop it! Just stop it! You've been blocked!!!!
Repeat 100x for inoffensive, innocuous tweets that were simply not supportive enough of management.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: Tighthead

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

Quote is messed up but also weird replies from people saying “right on Jack” or “people wanted a rebuild and now don’t support it”.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of sports fans...?

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I had a similar run in with Brian Wilde years ago. Complete *****. Social media was supposed to connect people but has only mass produced digital echo chambers.
Ego-chambers of blue-check experts. To them, everyone else is second class citizen who doesn't deserve any consideration for his opinion, cause he or she is an unwashed moron.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
What happened? I'm curious.
His responses to everyone were bizarre.
Tweeter X: "I don't think Bergevin will win the Cup for us"
Todd: "stop it! Just stop it! You've been blocked!!!!
Repeat 100x for inoffensive, innocuous tweets that were simply not supportive enough of management.
*fixed my previous post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad