TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yo want to talk about wasted air time look no further than melnyk,Jesus ,give the guy a rock station gig already.

I generally don’t like Melnick’s musical choices so I’ll tune out when he does musical segments. The rest of his show is what interests me, especially the pundits that he interviews.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Listening to TSN 1050 right now (PGT of Habs beating the Leafs 5-2). First, they just spent like a solid 10 minutes pumping Drouin’s and Price’s tires. Kind words but also good analysis of the Habs’ effort and how the game played out tonight.

Professional presentation, no lame jokes and sound effects. Think I’ll be tuning in here whenever Leafs play Habs.

I did the same after the Habs win on Saturday: tuned to TSN1050. I avoided 690 and the two clowns who more often then not manage to make a mockery of the post game show in Montreal. It was a pleasure to listen to 1050's Delmar Post Game show; Jim and Kristen dove right into the analysis of the game; no drunk Brett Hull imitations, no choo-choo train sounds, just concentrated commentary about the game. It was the same with Ross Levitan and Ken Stapon who came on to take calls after the post game show. I am so jealous! I may just start listening to Ron Fournier on 98.5 following the habs' games. He too is a ham, but less so than the clowns on 690.

Last edited:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
I like Mitch, like his music opinions and passion, but he is a bit of a counterculture poser at times.

Hunter Thompson reference in his twitter handle is trying way too hard.

Always found the boomer "rebel" schtick hilarious. Melnick lives in a major metropolitan area, in a wealthy part of town with a stable job that gives him local fame yet he's "rebelling" against some vague social norms by playing a dude who stole most of his lyrics and couldn't sing to save an orphanage (Dylan) and by going after low hanging fruit (Trump dumb!).

Also, Mitch, you're not Hunter S Thompson, you're not even close to his writing genius nor was his life an admirable one (Went insane and killed himself).

Last edited:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Always found the boomer "rebel" schtick hilarious. Melnick lives in a major metropolitan area, in a wealthy part of town with a stable job that gives him local fame yet he's "rebelling" against some vague social norms by playing a dude who stole most of his lyrics and couldn't sing to save an orphanage (Dylan) and by going after low hanging fruit (Trump dumb!).

Also, Mitch, you're not Hunter S Thompson, you're not even close to his writing genius nor was his life an admirable one (Went insane and killed himself).

I like Mitch but to a certain extent he reminds me of the people in University who had books like "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and some beat poets stuff on their shelves - but had never read it.

He is really into music, and I like a lot of his tastes but I am growing weary of the Billy Bob stuff. I don't doubt that he has a ball of fun doing it and I have to tip my cap to anyone who is indulging themselves.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Cherry is such a fool. I can’t wait until he’s off the air. It’s unbearable.
He should have been put out to the pasture years ago but they are afraid of the backlash from firing grandpa. I personally have not watched coaches corner for many years.

Reactions: Braun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad