TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Despite everything, he was extremely popular. I thought he was on a one minute delay, where was the producer? The guy is 85, so . . .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He doesn't care that he got fired . He's happy to be done with that sinking ship of a network.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They're actually entertaining.

Tim & Sid are on Sportsnet if I’m not mistaken which has an affiliation with the CBC.

I know Jay and Dan are on TSN but just as a comparable, who do you like better: Tim & Sid or Jay and Dan?

I always liked Jay and Dan and was happy they returned to Canada after their US stint.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
People are talking about Burke for replacement, but I wonder if the other Maclean, Doug, could be an interesting choice too. He just got canned from HC@noon so he would have the time.

Reactions: S Bah

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coaches corner with Tim and Sid.

Moving on to the post-Cherry era, who does everyone see as inheriting his soapbox and what kind of format would it have?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does Marinaro ever talk about anything but food? Jesus, they're having a conversation about something and he starts talking about food all the time.

It’s like he’s sending a loud SOS to all the restaurants and pastry shops in the city.

Good thing he wears pants with an expandable waistband. :sarcasm:

Mangia, mangia!

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
It's incredible lol He just talks about food and Soccer and all the free things he gets then invites people on the air and awkwardly tries to get free things for him and his kids lol

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Aside from Melnick, they’re all getting paid miserly salaries on 690. So except for Nilan and Melnick, Marinaro and the rest of them latch on to whatever promos and freebies they can get.

Marinaro is just more shameless about it. His pretend Ted Tevan schtick is abhorrent and sounds hollow.

Reactions: jaffy27

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
It's incredible lol He just talks about food and Soccer and all the free things he gets then invites people on the air and awkwardly tries to get free things for him and his kids lol

I think Marinaro is good at hooking sponsors, so that justifies his ongoing employment. To use a phrase that may be a little too on point, he pays for his plate. It is actually a good survival technique for any radio personality - bring in sponsors, and buddy up to them like they are your own clients. Just like lawyers and accountants take clients for meals, golf, send them tickets etc. Build a relationship.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
We closed the Cherry thread for a reason. Use the main board thread if you want to talk about it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marc Denis who is usually composed and professional lost his cool during a radio segment he regularly does:

The host of the the show took to making repeated attacks or criticism of Denis, at which points Denis completely lost it and can be heard making these choice quotes:

"As-tu écouté ce que j'ai dit à propos de Merzlikins hier matin? J'fais mes devoirs, cr*sse!"
"Si tu veux pu en entendre parler, Ray ost* ferme ton micro!"
"Si ça t'intéresse pu, change de job, Ray. Tabarn*k!"

Denis is using several expletives in French and on the last one, he's telling the host of the show that he should find another job, lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think Marinaro is good at hooking sponsors, so that justifies his ongoing employment. To use a phrase that may be a little too on point, he pays for his plate. It is actually a good survival technique for any radio personality - bring in sponsors, and buddy up to them like they are your own clients. Just like lawyers and accountants take clients for meals, golf, send them tickets etc. Build a relationship.

I can see why radio personalities will do this except that how they do it is also important since unlike lawyers cavorting on golf courses and what not, the radio people are exposed -- everything they do is in the public eye and not doing it right can lead to backlash and ridicule.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Fans and animators have sometimes the same or different opinions. And that's how it works. It's the nature of human beings as simple as all that. So overall what I despise during conversations is when these following actions are happening. Old daddy-jokes. Roasts. Cutting off the speech. Being passive-aggressive. Stonewalling. You aren't talking with your friends.

Enough of praising and off-topics nonstop. Let's talk straightly about the real stuffs and sincere opinions.

Act yourself like an expert and experts. Nobody holds the pure truth. Just listen in the worst case. Respect is the most important after all.

Reactions: GlassesJacketShirt

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
It’s like he’s sending a loud SOS to all the restaurants and pastry shops in the city.

Good thing he wears pants with an expandable waistband. :sarcasm:

Mangia, mangia!

Also all the plugs for Baton Rouge/AutoPrix and all the other stuff is asinine.
I understand they need to make money somehow , but it becomes ridiculous sometimes (the frequency).

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->