TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have some great acquaintances here and you are certainly at the top of the list but tbh I am losing the desire to talk about the Bergevin habs. If by some chance he gets fired I will regain my optimism for the team but sadly I don't see it happening. Get rid of the God damn National Enquirer ads at the bottom of my page, it's stressing me out! How is your mafia neighbor?

Thanks for the kind words. :thumbu:

Neighbor just expanded his driveway, removed earth from my side and left roughly crushed stone where there was grass.

He then proceeded to polish his paving stones and all the residue ended up in my yard. :laugh:

I still won't bother talking to him about it, I'm moving. My goal is to move without ever saying a word to him. But, he's goddamn testing me.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He just expanded his driveway, removed earth from my side and left roughly crushed stone where there was grass.

He then proceeded to polish his paving stones and all the residue ended up in my yard. :laugh:

I still won't bother talking to him about it, I'm moving. My goal is to move without ever saying a word to him. But, he's goddamn testing me.
You are much stronger than I am, I would have plotted his demise before now( maybe you have). I hate neighbors that impose their will on others with no consideration or care for those around them. It would be nice to have a Dexter type of friend to help you out of this mess.:laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You are much stronger than I am, I would have plotted his demise before now( maybe you have). I hate neighbors that impose their will on others with no consideration or care for those around them. It would be nice to have a Dexter type of friend to help you out of this mess.:laugh:

If I had planned to keep being his neighbor, I'd take a different approach.

I'd file legal proceedings to have his stupid cameras taken down, I'd call the city for the expansion of his driveway that he did without a permit and I'd have him clean the mess he made on my yard.

However, it's not worth it. I already know that the eventual buyer of my house is going to ask "how are the neighbors". And I want to be able to say "I have no idea who they are."

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You're the hippest, youngest and most entertaining 71-year old I've ever read on a forum. Keep doing what you're doing, you're much more appreciated than you'll ever know.
giphy.gif

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
OK, but you said nothing about your dwarfism and the quality of your British accent. :sarcasm:

Now, that's even more cool. :naughty:
I am an impersonator of all accents. I find myself taking on the voice of anyone I listen to in conversation, even their mannerisms. What is that called? I have two friends, one from the Czech Republic and one from Germany and I find myself impersonating them in conversation and even helping them finish their sentences.:laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You are a romantic at heart and I get it but for some reason, I think that you are an English professor that is just having a laugh on a hockey forum.

Nice try but I don't have the patience to teach even though I am an inveterate lover of languages. I am however an admirer of an individual's finest qualities and how some selflessly give of their time in here for the benefit of others.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am an impersonator of all accents. I find myself taking on the voice of anyone I listen to in conversation, even their mannerisms. What is that called? I have two friends, one from the Czech Republic and one from Germany and I find myself impersonating them in conversation and even helping them finish their sentences.:laugh:

Would you be able to pull off Sheed's accent? He claims it's tough to understand.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Nice try but I don't have the patience to teach even though I am an inveterate lover of languages. I am however an admirer of an individual's finest qualities and how some selflessly give of their time in here for the benefit of others.
To see even with our differences. Of opinions. Of countries. Of cities. Of tongues. Of races. Of religions. One passion assemble us and reunite us here. Hours and time is overrated when it came to our Habs. Each hab given what they can here. That's something it's unique. Our board is not comparable to the others board. Ainec.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Too easy. I could probably do your accent (frenglish of course):laugh:. I have always been able to impersonate people and without much practice.

That's a talent, then.

I can imitate a Frenglitch accent but am perfectly fluent in both official languages. I've spent half my life in the franco school system (in fact it was more of a bilingual school) but did my post secondary education in English while continuing to take French courses.

I guess you have a good ear. Maybe music might be your calling, since you're so good at distinguishing sounds.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
To see even with our differences. Of opinions. Of countries. Of cities. Of tongues. Of races. Of religions. One passion assemble us and reunite us here. Hours and time is overrated when it came to our Habs. Each hab given what they can here. That's something it's unique. Our board is not comparable to the others board. Ainec.

We're a community in every sense of the word and our differences enrich us.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The best board on all of hf and its like you said, not even close.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
so no one's answered the question about robertson actually leaving - also, i can't get over the amount of time marinaro spends on air, trying to get free stuff from his listeners. stunningly amateur

Reactions: Runner77

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wouldn't be surprised if he and or Sean Burke eventually get a chance as GM somewhere.
Mellanby has a lot of credentials. Bergevin's understudy these last 5 years. Director of player development before that. Former assistant coach with St.Louis and former scout with the Canucks.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
November 2018: Radio station buyer proposes to replace Montreal's 91,9 Sports with pop music

Earlier today: Le CRTC approuve le changement de vocation du 91,9 Sports (CRTC approved the transaction but with some conditions)

Minutes later: Leclerc renonce à CHOI-FM et au 91,9 Sports (Buyer changes their mind as they were asked to sell one of their other Quebec city stations as per the existing rule of a maximum of two local stations owned in a single language, not related to 91,9)
91,9 is an sports radio. Before. Nowadays. Still. Tomorrow. Changing her vocation on the music side they said... What's a silly project it was...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
November 2018: Radio station buyer proposes to replace Montreal's 91,9 Sports with pop music

Earlier today: Le CRTC approuve le changement de vocation du 91,9 Sports (CRTC approved the transaction but with some conditions)

Minutes later: Leclerc renonce à CHOI-FM et au 91,9 Sports (Buyer changes their mind as they were asked to sell one of their other Quebec city stations as per the existing rule of a maximum of two local stations owned in a single language, not related to 91,9)

Heard an interview by 91.9's management rep. on their airwaves this morning and he's basically saying that while the station is not for sale, they will not refuse to listen to any offers.

Sounds like what MB said about Subban one fateful summer.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
so no one's answered the question about robertson actually leaving - also, i can't get over the amount of time marinaro spends on air, trying to get free stuff from his listeners. stunningly amateur

Is that official? If Robertson leaves, please don't have that milquetoast of Sean Campbell replacing him for the radio play-by-play. I would just skip their radio games and listen to Martin McGuire on 98.5 FM instead.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Is that official? If Robertson leaves, please don't have that milquetoast of Sean Campbell replacing him for the radio play-by-play. I would just skip their radio games and listen to Martin McGuire on 98.5 FM instead.

We already know the answer to that ... Campbell has done a few games this year when Dan went to TV :( He is groomed to be next in line lol
The GREAT News about that is that will take him off the 55 shows a day he is on lol but That will open up him becoming an "Expert" and having Daily Hits to be taken serious :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never mind I take it all back ... DAN DON'T GO !!!!!:help::help::help:

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
That's what I did/do when Robertson isn't the broadcaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad