TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Dan Robertson hinted today that he won't be back as the play by play guy on Habs radio broadcasts.

I'm sure a lot of these guys will be interested if Bob Cole's retirement creates an opening on HNIC.

This means Sean "I make no sense with my Habs Schill Defense Point of Views" Campbell will probably become the next Habs play by play guy lol

The one good thing would mean he probably would not be on the radio during the day on 3 shows anymore lol

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
This means Sean "I make no sense with my Habs Schill Defense Point of Views" Campbell will probably become the next Habs play by play guy lol

The one good thing would mean he probably would not be on the radio during the day on 3 shows anymore lol
It was actually Campbell that asked him on air what his plans for next year were so that could be the way it turns out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He deserves a full-time tv gig.

I cringe at the thought of who would replace Robertson on 690. Please, no Sean Milquetoast Habs Shill Campbell.
puke.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really enjoyed listening to him while Mudryk was doing curling, he is somewhat of a storyteller like Bob Cole. There will obviously never be another Cole in my opinion but Robertson is the best one I have heard in a long time.

They've been playing Robertson's call on a Kulak goal, relentlessly on 690. He's got this rich guttural sound, as if his heart was coming out of his throat while he's delivering Kulak's name with so much passion and sustain. A truly classic call.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Man I'm listening to Michel Therrien on radio and Guillaume Latendresse and they were talking about the playoffs between the Habs and Sens where Eller was taken out and Maclean called him by his number. Which made Prust exploded calling him bugged eye fat wallrus. Therrien said he hated Mclean so much. And Lats was playing for the Sens and he said that before the game where Eller was hit, Maclean's way to motivate the troops was showing the Sens being hit on video by Habs players and punching the walls without saying one word. That is insane. Lats also said when Prust called Maclean a wallrus, the Sens players were basically rolling on the floor laughing.

Reactions: a55p2

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Man I'm listening to Michel Therrien on radio and Guillaume Latendresse and they were talking about the playoffs between the Habs and Sens where Eller was taken out and Maclean called him by his number. Which made Prust exploded calling him bugged eye fat wallrus. Therrien said he hated Mclean so much. And Lats was playing for the Sens and he said that before the game where Eller was hit, Maclean's way to motivate the troops was showing the Sens being hit on video by Habs players and punching the walls without saying one word. That is insane. Lats also said when Prust called Maclean a wallrus, the Sens players were basically rolling on the floor laughing.

Just to make sure I understood this correctly... pre-game prep in the Sens video room, McLean punched the wall(s) a few times after showing the Sens how the Habs were hitting them in previous game? Is this not psycho-esque behaviour, inciting the same from his own players?!?

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Melnick pushes Dylan and the expos far too much. Any way he can talk about something from the past like the spos and he'll do it. I've had enough. They're done and dusted.

I mean we'll even get Masters talk but no champions league? Just the best player in the world for any sport plays that, and nothing until that "oranges at halftime" time slot. Brutal. I hear more about pillows on TSN and what sort of food the morons in the morning like than I do about the freakin Champions League.
"Oh, but we're not europeon so who cares? Then why do all you schmucks pretend to be Irish on St Paddys day and make such a big deal of it with your Hurleys day and parade? What do you think the Irish enjoy?

Furthermore, I understand why they get paid so little..I'm not sure how often you can go on air and just regurgitate the same crap. Mckenna replacing Price was a sham. Morning show went downhill.

Marinaro has no cred because as someone stated above he does play a character. He basically bounces around from idea to idea and hops the fence every damn day to the point even he doesnt really know how he feels about anything, so trying to then listen to him "be serious" like on Habs lunch or something makes no sense.

Gallo and Campbell are awful. Yet everyone gives them more time and deference.

And I find it odd that Nilan has his own show timeslot yet he's not the one in control of it. Campbell sets the pace and leafs Chris into all the questions or the "plot" of the day really.

Reactions: lo striver

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Melnick pushes Dylan and the expos far too much. Any way he can talk about something from the past like the spos and he'll do it. I've had enough. They're done and dusted.

I mean we'll even get Masters talk but no champions league? Just the best player in the world for any sport plays that, and nothing until that "oranges at halftime" time slot. Brutal. I hear more about pillows on TSN and what sort of food the morons in the morning like than I do about the freakin Champions League.
"Oh, but we're not europeon so who cares? Then why do all you schmucks pretend to be Irish on St Paddys day and make such a big deal of it with your Hurleys day and parade? What do you think the Irish enjoy?

Furthermore, I understand why they get paid so little..I'm not sure how often you can go on air and just regurgitate the same crap. Mckenna replacing Price was a sham. Morning show went downhill.

Marinaro has no cred because as someone stated above he does play a character. He basically bounces around from idea to idea and hops the fence every damn day to the point even he doesnt really know how he feels about anything, so trying to then listen to him "be serious" like on Habs lunch or something makes no sense.

Gallo and Campbell are awful. Yet everyone gives them more time and deference.

And I find it odd that Nilan has his own show timeslot yet he's not the one in control of it. Campbell sets the pace and leafs Chris into all the questions or the "plot" of the day really.

He can talk about my Expos all he wants. Period !!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Just to make sure I understood this correctly... pre-game prep in the Sens video room, McLean punched the wall(s) a few times after showing the Sens how the Habs were hitting them in previous game? Is this not psycho-esque behaviour, inciting the same from his own players?!?

Damn right it is. Especially after what happened to Steve Moore, it is strange that the league let this go.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There is an awkward moment involving Gallo that I meant to post about a few weeks ago and then forgot about.

Three or four weeks ago, Pee Air was doing his Friday segment on Melnick's show, where in the last 10 minutes he takes questions from listeners.

For those who don't listen to it, Melnick has all the questions queued and rattles them off in rapid-fire fashion and PeeAir provides short answers.

This one listener question had to do with the type of hockey sticks preferred by NHL players. So PeeAir provides a comment about materials used and what a player generally prefers. And Gallo decides he has to intervene by using the name brand of one of the stick sponsors of his Saturday garbage used equipment sports show.

He mentions the brand (which I won't repeat) and model number and then a dead silence follows. Neither Melnick, nor PeeAir validate his answer. Gallo had shamelessly used a non-commercial segment to advertise one of his sponsors as if it were MyPillow time. Gallo was put in his place big time. What a shameless shill.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Guys what's the whole radio channels list that we have here in Montreal?

Know just them:

#TSN690

#91.9FM

#98.5FM

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
where is this Robertson story coming from? Can't find it anywhere and he has made no mention of leaving - that I can read

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
There is an awkward moment involving Gallo that I meant to post about a few weeks ago and then forgot about.

Three or four weeks ago, Pee Air was doing his Friday segment on Melnick's show, where in the last 10 minutes he takes questions from listeners.

For those who don't listen to it, Melnick has all the questions queued and rattles them off in rapid-fire fashion and PeeAir provides short answers.

This one listener question had to do with the type of hockey sticks preferred by NHL players. So PeeAir provides a comment about materials used and what a player generally prefers. And Gallo decides he has to intervene by using the name brand of one of the stick sponsors of his Saturday garbage used equipment sports show.

He mentions the brand (which I won't repeat) and model number and then a dead silence follows. Neither Melnick, nor PeeAir validate his answer. Gallo had shamelessly used a non-commercial segment to advertise one of his sponsors as if it were MyPillow time. Gallo was put in his place big time. What a shameless shill.

I remember actually going to the Marinaro roast last year, and while I couldn't stick with it till the end (late night on a Thursday), there was always one thing that stuck with me about the proceedings. Not many hit it out of the park, but everyone elicited a decent amount of laughter with their material. Not everyone is a comedian, so it was unreasonable to expect nonstop laughter (outside of Dan Robertson, he was genuinely hilarious).......yet there was only one person out of the wide cast of characters that bombed outright, and it was the charisma vacuum himself.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember actually going to the Marinaro roast last year, and while I couldn't stick with it till the end (late night on a Thursday), there was always one thing that stuck with me about the proceedings. Not many hit it out of the park, but everyone elicited a decent amount of laughter with their material. Not everyone is a comedian, so it was unreasonable to expect nonstop laughter (outside of Dan Robertson, he was genuinely hilarious).......yet there was only one person out of the wide cast of characters that bombed outright, and it was the charisma vacuum himself.

One of Robertson's lines from that night:

The problem with Tony wearing that track suit or sweatpants is that you can always see about 4” of f-ing ass crack. The ‘vertical smile’. If you work with Tony for one hour, you see more crack than Whitney Houston did in the last year of her life.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Gallo....just ugh.

As for Tony, today he once again rambled on about hating fights in hockey because he cares for the health of the players. Just f***ing say you dont like fights in hockey and I'd respect that, but dont pretend to care when you DO like boxing(he said he did not, but before today he has stated that he has) and wrestling(remember what headshots have done to Bret and Benoit?) He seems to only care about the Hockey players, which is where the hypocrisy shines through. He had the gall to accept the response from a suck-ass caller of his saying boxing was an art form and bare knuckles are worse than a guy in gloves.

Tell me, who would you rather take a punch from? A well trained pro boxer who can hit hard and with precision, ala Mike Tyson, to your bare skull, or a punch from a hockey player who doesnt fight all that much and is doing so while spinning around and mostly off balance? All the while wearing a visor and helmet? Yeah...I mean come on Tony. Be smart just a little. I guess getting KO'd in boxing is better because of the artistry of it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad