TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Bold prediction on Habs Lunch today Shawn Campbell said Armia 1st NHL PP goal tonight

Thank you Shawn

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Just tuned in to 690 a few minutes ago and I hear Adam Ward and Melnick laughing their heads off.

Ward carries on with "oh my" and "what was seen can't be unseen". And it turns out they were talking about a pic that Ward had seen of Mitch Gallo that he posted somewhere on social media today. He added "I have to get the bleach out of my eyes after seeing Gallo in Barbados, in a bathing suit. I'm feeling nauseous, I'm losing my equilibrium."

They laughed their heads off at this point and Melnick asked on which social media platform the photo was on but Ward played coy and wouldn't say.

And then quipped this classic: "It's the second coming of Danny DeVito in a bathing suit." :laugh::laugh::laugh:
That must have been fascinating. . for both of them. Same story for 17 years, with their "inside jokes" that we're supposed to find hilarious. Remember the whole "we can't talk about what happened to morency at the keg" thing? It reeked of "ask me about it..sorry I can't tell you...you're not in the club"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Goddamn Campbell is doing a lot of overtime on that station, so much so that you notice more irritants than just the fact of Campbell trying to make himself sound smart when he's just a low IQ regurgitator.

Today's truly annoying offering was him mispronouncing the word "picture" as "pitcher." And not just once, just kept saying it. Damn you, Campbell. Melnick deserves a shot in the back of the head just for endorsing your continued presence on that station and having your low talent infect Laval Rocket broadcasts.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Shawn "I defend the Habs , no matter how illogical I sound" Campbell is amazing to hear spin his takes to try and rationalize any Criticism towards the Habs lolol

This morning he defends Drouin saying he's playing good and his minutes mean absolutely nothing and the only reason he has less minutes is because the Habs have been leading all the time recently and that's the ONLY reason Drouin has less minutes.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I heard Campbell’s shill reply. He’ll literally never criticize anything about the Habs. He clearly believes he has a pathway to a broadcasting job down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: DXStriker

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Campbell and Gallo on the post-game show. It's beyond bad.

They had this one bootlicker fan Pete, telling them three times at least, how great a team they make and the Drab Duo kept this Pete guy on air forever.

It's monotone as hell, there is nothing appealing about them. Someone file a complaint with the CRTC.

Reactions: DXStriker and JJ68

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shawn "I defend the Habs , no matter how illogical I sound" Campbell is amazing to hear spin his takes to try and rationalize any Criticism towards the Habs lolol

This morning he defends Drouin saying he's playing good and his minutes mean absolutely nothing and the only reason he has less minutes is because the Habs have been leading all the time recently and that's the ONLY reason Drouin has less minutes.

Campbell is not just useless but he's an absolute Habs shill.

What a lame-o.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Campbell and Gallo on the post-game show. It's beyond bad.

They had this one bootlicker fan Pete, telling them three times at least, how great a team they make and the Drab Duo kept this Pete guy on air forever.

It's monotone as hell, there is nothing appealing about them. Someone file a complaint with the CRTC.

Both of them annoy me. My personal favorite on the post-game show is Marinaro. At the very least he's entertaining. Some of his conversations with the callers is hilarious.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Both of them annoy me. My personal favorite on the post-game show is Marinaro. At the very least he's entertaining. Some of his conversations with the callers is hilarious.

At the very least Tony talked about the game. They need him hosting the post game show again. These guys suck, I stopped tuning in after the first couple of games.

Reactions: Runner77

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I've noticed something that when you call any of them out with facts, they never reply.

I've noted how often Marinaro states his hypocrisy when he gushes about the fact that he hates seeing guys get hurt in fights and it's barbaric yet he promotes on his own segment and show boxing...I guess he doesnt care about boxers long term health as much as Hockey players. If you dont think fighting belongs in Hockey or dont like it, fine....just say that. But Dont pretend it's because you care about their health, and then go on and on about boxing with Casavant.

Marinaro man...the guy is a knee jerk opinion schtick show host. Nothing more. He'd say you'll still tune in to my show blah blah blah, but in my head I tune in because I work outdoors and from a truck, and I need a good laugh from time to time. The guy has no cred. It must be hard for Melnick to have a serious Habs lunch segment on fridays when Marinaro is there, since at that time he will try to make serious debates, yet for 2 hours before that he does nothing but schtick. And all his callers, his regulars....are total schtick, suck up characters as well.

Leo from wherever...peter from cote st luc...

This is pro radio?

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I've noticed something that when you call any of them out with facts, they never reply.

I've noted how often Marinaro states his hypocrisy when he gushes about the fact that he hates seeing guys get hurt in fights and it's barbaric yet he promotes on his own segment and show boxing...I guess he doesnt care about boxers long term health as much as Hockey players. If you dont think fighting belongs in Hockey or dont like it, fine....just say that. But Dont pretend it's because you care about their health, and then go on and on about boxing with Casavant.

Marinaro man...the guy is a knee jerk opinion schtick show host. Nothing more. He'd say you'll still tune in to my show blah blah blah, but in my head I tune in because I work outdoors and from a truck, and I need a good laugh from time to time. The guy has no cred. It must be hard for Melnick to have a serious Habs lunch segment on fridays when Marinaro is there, since at that time he will try to make serious debates, yet for 2 hours before that he does nothing but schtick. And all his callers, his regulars....are total schtick, suck up characters as well.

Leo from wherever...peter from cote st luc...

This is pro radio?

Marinaro insulted non soccer fans saying anyone who does not like soccer does not like beautiful things .
I said why insult the other side and he twitter blocked me :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro insulted non soccer fans saying anyone who does not like soccer does not like beautiful things .
I said why insult the other side and he twitter blocked me :laugh:

It's all part of his MO. He's promoting soccer and interviewing soccer academies on air, as long as it takes for one of his sons to become a pro soccer player and scoop up as many free trips to Europe that he can get.

Reactions: JJ68 and DXStriker

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, I noticed that last night. It's some kind of scarf with a Habs's logo that most of AC's pundits have signed to show that they believe that the Habs will make the playoffs.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Tony should go back to his twitter to remember his comment on June 15th 2017: Great trade for both teams. mtl gets versatile top line forward they were looking for.

And some here should also go back to the trade thread...

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Tony should go back to his twitter to remember his comment on June 15th 2017: Great trade for both teams. mtl gets versatile top line forward they were looking for.

And some here should also go back to the trade thread...
I think a lot of us got sucked into the hype of the next great french superstar including myself.Was a bitter pill to swallow.I can only hope they get rid of this Alex Daigle twin and get something/prospect for him

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
LOL, yah I caught that too. McKenna has also called out Pierre McGuire a few times. Ouch, I wonder what the bosses have to say about that.
Pierre and McKenna have had it out before too. McGuire has tried to lecture McKenna not realizing he's a 37 year old guy (or something) and McKenna wasn't having it. McGuire seems to have a very fragile ego which is why Melnick has to stroke his ego when he is on the air.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
If you listen to Marinaro’s overdone introduction, is it possible to conclude he is anything other than a buffoon?

It’s too long. It’s self congratulatory. Because he only mentions he is fat and Italian every segment, he starts off with hackneyed opera sing a long. Then some guy calling him the new King of Montreal.

People may not be a fan of
Melnick opening with music, but it’s interesting that the guy with the best time slot, biggest budget and fattest paycheque has zero self-aggrandizement in his intro.

OB5

May 2, 2015
If you listen to Marinaro’s overdone introduction, is it possible to conclude he is anything other than a buffoon?

It’s too long. It’s self congratulatory. Because he only mentions he is fat and Italian every segment, he starts off with hackneyed opera sing a long. Then some guy calling him the new King of Montreal.

Melnick opening with music, but it’s interesting that the guy with the best time slot, biggest budget and fattest paycheque has zero self-aggrandizement in his intro.

Apples and oranges.

Marinaro plays a character on air and his show is indicative of that. Loud, obnoxious, etc...all inflammatory to rile up the fanbase and get ratings in his brutal 10-12 timeslot.

Melnyk is media royalty and uses insight , strong content and storytelling to move his show forward...he's a legend.

lynx

Oct 18, 2005

Melnick opening with music
, but it’s interesting that the guy with the best time slot, biggest budget and fattest paycheque has zero self-aggrandizement in his intro.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. There should be a law against forcing your musical tastes on someone

Reactions: bsl and Runner77

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Dan Robertson hinted today that he won't be back as the play by play guy on Habs radio broadcasts.

I'm sure a lot of these guys will be interested if Bob Cole's retirement creates an opening on HNIC.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I can tolerate and even like some of Melnick's music but whenever he gets into his Robert Zimmerman infatuations, I can't take it and have to switch stations, which I did this afternoon. I can't stand when he starts to orgasm over Bob Dylan and I can't understand anything Dylan sings, he can't enunciate for beans. Mind you, lack of enunciation is a station staple with the likes of Marinaro, Moe Khan and Chris Nilan -- all of them not to be outdone by Rick Moffat's Limp Act goal call, "scahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad