TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Engels is great, but Arpon Basu is, IMO, hands down the best sports writer covering the habs right now.

I've always liked Basu, but he used to be a bit of a bootlicker like Engels is now, but never to that degree. I'm happy he's doing well at the Athletic. He's a smart man outside of sports as well.

Reactions: Runner77

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oilers fan here...just want to say that I really enjoy Bryan Mudryk as your play-by-play guy for TV. Much more enjoyable than our current tandems in Edmonton.

Glad that your team is playing well this year. I may have to join the bandwagon if my Oilers continue to lose.

Go Habs!

Reactions: Oryxo and Runner77

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Just heard that....makes sense.

DLR does not have the potential in making the organization look bad, Scherbak, because of his offensive talent can.....I’m on board with this.
I'd hope they would have looked for a trade for DLR first before waiving him. But really can't complain, we've just got too many forwards battling for too few spots.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd hope they would have looked for a trade for DLR first before waiving him. But really can't complain, we've just got too many forwards battling for too few spots.
They did, it was reported by TSN that Bergevin let all 30 gms know that fwds were available for trade if anyone was interested.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So I read that Saputo is losing his shirt with the Impact and has his hand out looking for money. I can't wait to see Marinaro crying when they fold and there's no local soccer team to shill for.

Marinaro spent a good chunk of his "show" (more like a propaganda segment) biding Saputo's agenda and cried how millionaire Saputo is losing money hand over fist and is asking for a municipal tax break.

Well, Marinaro, we're going to use your same disdain for the Expos and baseball in general (MLB playoffs are on and no one would know it listening to your excuse of a show) and apply it to the Limp Act and tell them to go f*** themselves.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:laugh:.....yes b’y lol

I've seen you use that "b'y" thing in other posts.

Looking it up:

Newfoundland English: Eh, b'y (also spelled 'Aye b'y' and 'ay b'y', and sometimes said as 'yes b'y): shortened form of "yes, boy." It's a term used to agree with what someone is saying.

What's going on -- you're on a huge Newfoundland kick. Have you been flying there lately?

Reactions: sheed36 and jaffy27

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I've heard Norman Flynn on with Marinaro a couple of times since this season has started and he just seems quite annoyed with the Habs this year. This morning he was quite critical about how Julien is handling Kotkaniemi especially in the Wings game when the Habs were up a bunch.

I'll link to this mornings Norman Flynn TSN690 segment once it's up on the TSN690 website later.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've heard Norman Flynn on with Marinaro a couple of times since this season has started and he just seems quite annoyed with the Habs this year. This morning he was quite critical about how Julien is handling Kotkaniemi especially in the Wings game when the Habs were up a bunch.

I'll link to this mornings Norman Flynn TSN690 segment once it's up on the TSN690 website later.

I listened in and it seemed to me he wasn't just annoyed with the head coach, but with management as well. And he was quite vocal -- even more than usual, if one can imagine that. And he's already someone who can't just say what he thinks, he barks it. Have your Tylenol at the ready.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I listened in and it seemed to me he wasn't just annoyed with the head coach, but with management as well. And he was quite vocal -- even more than usual, if one can imagine that. And he's already someone who can't just say what he thinks, he barks it. Have your Tylenol at the ready.

I've listened to him twice this season on TSN690 and it's been that way both times while he was on. Norman being critical of the Habs must be making Habs shill Tony really sad. Careful with the criticism Norman Flynn or the Habs will also turn you into a Habs shill just like they did with Tony or they'll at least try.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've listened to him twice this season on TSN690 and it's been that way both times while he was on. Norman being critical of the Habs must be making Habs shill Tony really sad. Careful with the criticism Norman Flynn or the Habs will also turn you into a Habs shill just like they did with Tony or they'll at least try.

Norman, no more free and improved grub for you at the BC.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I've seen you use that "b'y" thing in other posts.

Looking it up:

Newfoundland English: Eh, b'y (also spelled 'Aye b'y' and 'ay b'y', and sometimes said as 'yes b'y): shortened form of "yes, boy." It's a term used to agree with what someone is saying.

What's going on -- you're on a huge Newfoundland kick. Have you been flying there lately?
Yep.......unfortunately it didn’t work with the Polish one, but I’ve got myself a new lady from.....you guessed it!!....NFLD LOL

Reactions: Runner77 and 417

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
just listened to a tribute they did of the JDLR era in MTL, funny but so disrespectful lol.. made by Mitch Gallo, who is a guy I would definitely love to punch in the face based on his takes and attitude

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
just listened to a tribute they did of the JDLR era in MTL, funny but so disrespectful lol.. made by Mitch Gallo, who is a guy I would definitely love to punch in the face based on his takes and attitude

Where do we sign up for that? :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad