TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Don't understand why it took a whole month to announce it, particularly since it's just another Bell Media radio station, but glad it's been put to rest. Enjoyed him announcing that he was going to Bernier's People's Party at first.

Me too. McKenna just needs to keep tweeting pictures of his dog and we're good. Morning and Drive shows are the best. Nilan can be rough, but I will say this for him, he can get some good guests that seem to be unavailable to the others.

I wonder if they were letting him do a test drive first. It’s an in house move, so you want it to be as comfortable and open as possible. If the fit isn’t there, he just goes back to his old chair.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if they were letting him do a test drive first. It’s an in house move, so you want it to be as comfortable and open as possible. If the fit isn’t there, he just goes back to his old chair.

That's certainly a possibility. Friends helping friends. Where have we seen that before.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jay Farrar at the Marinaro roast: “You only have two listeners, your wife and Peter in Cote St. Luc. The difference between them is that Peter knows what your d*** tastes like”

:laugh:

Where'd you hear that? Maybe I should have attended that thing, I would have had even more material to bash Marinaro.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I just hate it when Melnick becomes a creeper. He's done it so many times and it's just cringeworthy. I don't know why he feels compelled to do that, he doesn't need to. Leave that kind of schtick for Howard Stern.

He likes Stern. Maybe that's why.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Jay Farrar at the Marinaro roast: “You only have two listeners, your wife and Peter in Cote St. Luc. The difference between them is that Peter knows what your d*** tastes like”

That was one of the best ones for sure.

My personal favorite overall was Robertson. That one about Tony's ass crack and Whitney Houston was dark in the best of ways.

I also liked Nilan, though I can't say for sure it isn't because he went full Bostonian on Tony rather than the jokes themselves.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
That QS poster was painted by a female black artist and was a 'self-portrait.' I'll give QS and the artist the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Yup!

REEEE

Racism this

Racism that

All the goddamn time. Take some time to research before folks

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Rod Francis leaving the greatest thing to happen in a long time on that station
Dont have to hear that laughing hyena anymore, that fake laugh he has is more annoying than McKenna talking or Nilan stuttering and those both drive me insane!

All we need now is for Gallo to leave and for Campbell to stop trying to act like Gallo

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Anyone remember Sean Campbell's voice when he was doing the play by play of the prospect camp last year? He should do his whole show, all the time, in that voice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone remember Sean Campbell's voice when he was doing the play by play of the prospect camp last year? He should do his whole show, all the time, in that voice.

No, but I remember what he sounded like doing a karaoke of Highway to Hell. And it can't be unheard.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Mitch can also be a bit of a creepy old perv whenever a woman is sharing a segment with him. He always made subtle double entendres or sexual innuendos when Andie Bennett was around etc. I miss her btw....much better than Gallo.
He was very bad with Andie. One night, he was talking about how she'd sing to him when they made sweet love and she was like "I can't sing". She proceeded to sing, possibly the most cringy ear shattering performance ever. Mitch needed to change his fantasy.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I am a big Melnick fan, but he needs to understand that Vegas odds are not intended to be predictive. They are designed to get even money across the board and make the 10% on volume.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who is your favorite member of our media? Mine is fast becoming Eric Engels. Gave some great interviews lately

Melnick. Best sportscaster in the city and he could easily transition to the national stage and not skip a beat. Melnick learned from the best and is reminiscent of how sports radio used to be done by his predecessors. We're lucky to have him. Unfortunately, he has the judgment of a fish when it comes to surrounding himself with talent. He's been grooming blathering idiots to be his sidekicks and they'll probably still be around when he's gone. And that doesn't bode well.

Noel Butler (what language are you speaking), Simon Motormouth Tsalikis, Pillow-Shill Gallo and Habs-Shill Campbell -- GTFO.

sholi2000

No One Gets Left Behind
May 26, 2013
Brandon, MB
www.sholi2000.com
Engels is great, but Arpon Basu is, IMO, hands down the best sports writer covering the habs right now.

The Athletic is awesome and he is a major contributor to it. If they ever improve the comments section then it will easily be the elite Club to belong to for fans who are willing to pay for a premier service.

Mitch Melnick is the best on air TSN690 personality and you can't beat Dan Robertson and Sergio Momesso in the booth. I sync every Canadiens game to my Centerice production so I can listen to them over anyone on TV.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The Athletic is awesome and he is a major contributor to it. If they ever improve the comments section then it will easily be the elite Club to belong to for fans who are willing to pay for a premier service.

Mitch Melnick is the best on air TSN690 personality and you can't beat Dan Robertson and Sergio Momesso in the booth. I sync every Canadiens game to my Centerice production so I can listen to them over anyone on TV.

Plus the Athletic also has Mitch Melnick doing game breakdowns. I also enjoy Marc Dumont, I enjoy his terrible sense of humour and think he does a good job of both praising players and being critical.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Dan Robertson is a treat. Unfortunately, can't say the same about Momesso, who recycles the worst and most meaningless cliches. His guest appearances on Nilan's show are even worse, especially when Nilan keeps calling him "Momo". What the hell did we do to deserve this? :laugh:

Reactions: Tighthead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad