TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Of course they do....

Dunno about CKUT but for a city the size of Montreal’s the talent is paltry to say the least. Tsilikas still having a job there and Campbell doing anything other than production speaks volumes about the lack of professionalism.

Example: Despite Eller playing out of his mind I heard the dolts on TSN say Danault is a better player. Like dude you don’t get paid from the CH...

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Wow, he looks like he completely lost the "right attitude".
You see we should have not fired therrien, He had made max a better person, but max being around horrible people like muller and julien made him go back to being a bad bad person

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro starts off with an item about Pacioretty this morning. I'm wondering how long he's going to stay on subject ...

Sure enough, he starts reading a text about the Limp Act. Then goes back to ask a rhetorical question about Pacioretty. And then, he's heading for a commercial break and announces that a soccer pundit will be up next, right after the break. :laugh: After which, I promptly gave up and shut it down.

I mean, how much of this can we take ...

2bl3t2.jpg

Reactions: lo striver

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Marinaro starts off with an item about Pacioretty this morning. I'm wondering how long he's going to stay on subject ...

Sure enough, he starts reading a text about the Limp Act. Then goes back to ask a rhetorical question about Pacioretty. And then, he's heading for a commercial break and announces that a soccer pundit will be up next, right after the break. :laugh: After which, I promptly gave up and shut it down.

I mean, how much of this can we take ...

2bl3t2.jpg
I have seen the Impact played twice and it was the worst performance and some of the worst quality soccer by a professional sport team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have seen the Impact played twice and it was the worst performance and some of the worst quality soccer by a professional sport team.

Don't say it too loud, Joey is coming to see you at your house after he's done with another useless locker room visit. :sarcasm:

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Triple double for LeBron and the Cavs still got rolled like winos in the gutter. There is precisely zero drama to the NBA finals yet Marinaro is riveted to his TV screen and expects us to care. Someone needs to remind him that Montreal isn't an NBA town and never will be.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's been a Tony Marinaro Lebron James lovefest this morning. I can't take anymore of Tony and his childish tone this morning.

Did you hear the call from Robert, in the last hour of the show?

Marinaro put up JFL tickets to be won and had 4 callers on the line.

He takes the first call. Robert asks Tony to remember who he is. Says he's the guy who lost his wife during their honeymoon.

Tony recalls the story and has Robert recount it, but in much more detail than the last time he had called, which looks to be a while back.

Robert got married 18 years ago and went to Jamaica on his honeymoon. On his first day there, he and his wife attend a yoga class together, where the instructor was this Juan Pablo guy. As soon as the class ends, Robert's wife tells him she needs some space and will meet him later, so Robert heads for the hotel room. His wife never joins him at their hotel room.

Turns out, she went straight to Juan Pablo's employee sleeping quarters. And spent the rest of her honeymoon, with him. She moved her stuff out of Robert's hotel room. They both flew back to Montreal a week later, sitting far apart from each other on their flight.

Of course, Marinaro came in with seedy, scumbag quips and thought he was being smart. "So, Robert, we can say Juan Pablo was like, really into your wife?"

Marinaro: "Robert, what exactly did that Juan Pablo guy have over you? Was he in better shape?"

Robert answered the above with: "The guy had slimy hair and a speedo."

Marinaro: "Did you ever ask your wife, what happened? Why did she go through the honeymoon?"

Robert: "She wanted to have a big wedding and go to the honeymoon. She accomplished that and then left me for Juan Pablo."

Marinaro: "I think we need to get to the bottom of this. Seems like you don't have closure. I'll tell you what, Robert: why don't you give me her phone number? I'd like to have both of you in studio so we can discuss it."

Robert went along, probably not wanting to lose the headway he'd made at winning the JFL tickets: "Sure Tony, let me get back to you with that."

And Robert won the JFL tickets and 3 other callers were left stranded listening to the Ballad of Juan Pablo. On the bright side, Robert managed to bounce back, married someone else and built a family.

And, as if any of this wasn't cringeworthy enough on its own, Marinaro attempted to sound wise and philosophical with a Jerry Springer-like recapitulative moment: "Amazing the things that can happen unexpectedly." Or something like that.
puke.gif

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Triple double for LeBron and the Cavs still got rolled like winos in the gutter. There is precisely zero drama to the NBA finals yet Marinaro is riveted to his TV screen and expects us to care. Someone needs to remind him that Montreal isn't an NBA town and never will be.
I love the NBA.....

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

He takes the first call. Robert asks Tony to remember who he is. Says he's the guy who lost his wife during their honeymoon.

Tony recalls the story and has Robert recount it, but in much more detail than the last time he had called, which looks to be a while back.

Robert got married 18 years ago and went to Jamaica on his honeymoon. On his first day there, he and his wife attend a yoga class together, where the instructor was this Juan Pablo guy. As soon as the class ends, Robert's wife tells him she needs some space and will meet him later, so Robert heads for the hotel room. His wife never joins him at their hotel room.

Turns out, she went straight to Juan Pablo's employee sleeping quarters. And spent the rest of her honeymoon, with him. She moved her stuff out of Robert's hotel room. They both flew back to Montreal a week later, sitting far apart from each other on their flight.

Of course, Marinaro came in with seedy, ******* quips and thought he was being smart. "So, Robert, we can say Juan Pablo was like, really into your wife?"

Marinaro: "Robert, what exactly did that Juan Pablo guy have over you? Was he in better shape?"

Marinaro: "Did you ever ask your wife, what happened? Why did she go through the honeymoon?"

Robert: "She wanted to have a big wedding and go to the honeymoon. She accomplished that and then left me for Juan Pablo."

Marinaro: "I think we need to get to the bottom of this. Seems like you don't have closure. I'll tell you what, Robert: why don't you give me her phone number? I'd like to have both of you in studio so we can discuss it."

Robert went along, probably not wanting to lose the headway he'd made at winning the JFL tickets: "Sure Tony, let me get back to you with that."

And Robert won the JFL tickets and 3 other callers were left stranded listening to the Ballad of Juan Pablo. On the bright side, Robert managed to bounce back, married someone else and built a family.

And, as if any of this wasn't cringeworthy enough on its own, Marinaro attempted to sound wise and philosophical with a Jerry Springer-like recapitulative moment: "Amazing the things that can happen unexpectedly." Or something like that.
puke.gif

Yes I did. I was like is this story really for real. I don't know what the hell was going on this morning with Tony. He was pretty much crying because many on social media seem to hate Lebron and he couldn't fathom why and he just keep harping it over and over for a solid 30 minutes.

Then came that phone call from Robert which went on and on and I was like WTH is happening on TSN690 this morning. Listening to that I had flashbacks to the movie Joe Dirt when he was in the radio studio telling his story. :) Now I want to hear more about this story from the ex and from Juan Pablo the yoga guy. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes I did. I was like is this story really for real. I don't know what the hell was going on this morning with Tony. He was pretty much crying because many on social media seem to hate Lebron and he couldn't fathom why and he just keep harping it over and over for a solid 30 minutes.

Then came that phone call from Robert which went on and on and I was like WTH is happening on TSN690 this morning. Listening to that I had flashbacks to the movie Joe Dirt when he was in the radio studio telling his story. :) Now I want to hear more about this story from the ex and from Juan Pablo the yoga guy. :laugh:

:laugh:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I love the NBA.....
And your profile says you live in Orleans, Ontario so my statement about Montreal not being a basketball town stands. Heck, here in Vancouver we had an NBA team for 6 years and this was never and will never be a basketball town. Most people barely remember that the Grizzlies were ever here. They're about as fondly remembered as the Vancouver Blazers of the WHA or the Vancouver Voodoo of the old Roller Hockey League.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And your profile says you live in Orleans, Ontario so my statement about Montreal not being a basketball town stands. Heck, here in Vancouver we had an NBA team for 6 years and this was never and will never be a basketball town. Most people barely remember that the Grizzlies were ever here. They're about as fondly remembered as the Vancouver Blazers of the WHA or the Vancouver Voodoo of the old Roller Hockey League.
I lived in Montreal for 6yrs and I loved the NBA then.....:)

Also lived in Van for about 5 lol

Reactions: Redux91

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I live in Montreal, Laval to be exact, and I can honestly say that I know a large amount of people who avidly follow the NBA and European soccer (but not the MLS).

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Its ridiculous how big of a fan of the NBA i am really, its not my fault they are in the midst of a Golden Age, its people's own fault for missing out on maybe the best players theyll ever have playing in one era

Honestly ive been spoiled these last 8 years...tho golden state can **** off lol

I didnt hear what tony had to say about Lebron but im glad he defended him, Golden state are a bunch of pansies

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Its ridiculous how big of a fan of the NBA i am really, its not my fault they are in the midst of a Golden Age, its people's own fault for missing out on maybe the best players theyll ever have playing in one era

Honestly ive been spoiled these last 8 years...tho golden state can **** off lol

I didnt hear what tony had to say about Lebron but im glad he defended him, Golden state are a bunch of pansies
I agree. Lebron IMO is the greatest athlete of our generation among any sport. His hype and impact blows McDavid and Crosby out of the water. I get that many people like the mystery of who will win the cup but these playoffs, watching the Rockets almost take out the Warriors and Lebron absolutely carry his team to the finals has been extremely interesting.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Of course, Marinaro came in with seedy, ******* quips and thought he was being smart. "So, Robert, we can say Juan Pablo was like, really into your wife?"

puke.gif

I'd fire his ass for that on air behavior. It's the lowest of the low. It's incomprehensible that TSN Sports Radio would tolerate this.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd fire his ass for that on air behavior. It's the lowest of the low. It's incomprehensible that TSN Sports Radio would tolerate this.
I don’t listen to him anymore....he’s good at times but he’s worn out his welcome when it comes time to my commitment to listen to the station.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I live in Montreal, Laval to be exact, and I can honestly say that I know a large amount of people who avidly follow the NBA and European soccer (but not the MLS).
huh no...

two different cities, Montreal is on an island, Laval is not on an island (it's on the north shore of Montreal actually), so you're either stay in Laval or Montreal, not both...

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
huh no...

two different cities, Montreal is on an island, Laval is not on an island (it's on the north shore of Montreal actually), so you're either stay in Laval or Montreal, not both...
Since some of those 450-people come to work to Montreal, I guess, they can be consider part-time Montrealers. :sarcasm:

Reactions: ECWHSWI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad