TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Actually, we flag the drivel and use it for comedy and sarcasm. Does that make us recyclers of toxic material?

2btqok.jpg
Using a guys misfortune of that magnitude and turning it into a mockery is just outright distasteful.

I didn’t here it but I’ve heard him do this kind of stuff before and I just mute the station.

Too bad, I was such a fan of his.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Using a guys misfortune of that magnitude and turning it into a mockery is just outright distasteful.

I didn’t here it but I’ve heard him do this kind of stuff before and I just mute the station.

Too bad, I was such a fan of his.

He tries to sound empathetic while he's asking his questions but it's obvious to everyone except the poor sap who is captive, that he's being taken along a path of derision, that is only going to be a set up for further ridicule.

I mean, what the hell is the purpose of reuniting this poor guy with his ex-wife from 18 years ago, in Marinaro's studio to achieve "closure". It's cringeworthy. What's next -- Marinaro will ask his ex-wife to bring Juan Pablo's unwashed speedo from 18 years ago and a dab of the Slimeball gel Juan Pablo wore on the momentous occasion?

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He tries to sound empathetic while he's asking his questions but it's obvious to everyone except the poor sap who is captive, that he's being taken along a path of derision, that is only going to be a set up for further ridicule.

I mean, what the hell is the purpose of reuniting this poor guy with his ex-wife from 18 years ago, in Marinaro's studio to achieve "closure". It's cringeworthy. What's next -- Marinaro will ask his ex-wife to bring Juan Pablo's unwashed speedo from 18 years ago and a dab of the Slimeball gel Juan Pablo wore on the momentous occasion?
The purpose is entertainment in the moment.....little does he know it has the complete opposite effect, except for maybe the few Jerry Springer/Maury fans out there.

It’s a sports radio station, stick with sports, enough with the side show episodes that are poorly executed and because of it, are most likely losing listeners.

I hope their producers or Melnik pull him aside and say “Tony, c’est assez “........

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Its ridiculous how big of a fan of the NBA i am really, its not my fault they are in the midst of a Golden Age, its people's own fault for missing out on maybe the best players theyll ever have playing in one era

Honestly ive been spoiled these last 8 years...tho golden state can **** off lol

I didnt hear what tony had to say about Lebron but im glad he defended him, Golden state are a bunch of pansies
The only reason why the NBA even still exists is because of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. THAT was the Golden Age.

Oh, and Michael Jordan says hello too.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
huh no...

two different cities, Montreal is on an island, Laval is not on an island (it's on the north shore of Montreal actually), so you're either stay in Laval or Montreal, not both...
Sorry, next time I'll re-word it to "the Greater Montreal Area".

Anyway, that changed absolutely nothing in my post.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The only reason why the NBA even still exists is because of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. THAT was the Golden Age.

Oh, and Michael Jordan says hello too.
Michael Jordan carried the NBA, even after he retired...

But it's LBJ's league now.

Reactions: Justin11

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Example: Despite Eller playing out of his mind I heard the dolts on TSN say Danault is a better player. Like dude you don’t get paid from the CH...

Danault vs. Eller isn't obvious. Danault has more offense by a little bit. Danault has more speed than Eller. Danault is younger. Eller has better possession numbers and a better physical package...and we know he's a killer playoff performer.

Montreal could have had both Danault and Eller. That would have been nice.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Danault vs. Eller isn't obvious. Danault has more offense by a little bit. Danault has more speed than Eller. Danault is younger. Eller has better possession numbers and a better physical package...and we know he's a killer playoff performer.

Montreal could have had both Danault and Eller. That would have been nice.

I'd settle for still having the 2 draft picks we got for him that we subsequently wasted on Shaw.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Michel Langevin announced this morning that he's leaving 91.9 sports and he was pretty emotional about it.

I liked the duo of him and Ciccone, wonder whos next

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Michel Langevin announced this morning that he's leaving 91.9 sports and he was pretty emotional about it.

I liked the duo of him and Ciccone, wonder whos next

What?!

Why is he leaving and where is he going to? Man, that's a bummer. He carried that show and never skipped a beat.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Caps just won the cup and they're talking about soccer...SOCCER! WTF

f*** Marinaro!!!! What a clueless twerp.

A brief foray into the Caps's win and predictably, gets sidetracked by one of his lame infatuations.

First, it's the friggin' Grand Prix. The Grand Prix, WTF???? There are other hosts who can attack that during the day. You're the morning show, the Stanley Cup is the hottest topic, what are you doing.

And then, it's not even soccer he goes to but this guy who represents the Limp Act ... on a goddamn play console. Interviews the guy like forever. WHO THE f*** CARES. What is that crap, you're interviewing a goddamn gamer, a guy who presses buttons on a remote control made of plastic repeatedly, what does this have to do with sports. Wake the f*** up. Anything that includes the word "soccer", Marinaro can't resist. I wish I could afford to buy the station so I could fire his ass. So goddamn senseless.

Reactions: lo striver

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
**** Marinaro!!!! What a clueless twerp.

A brief foray into the Caps's win and predictably, gets sidetracked by one of his lame infatuations.

First, it's the friggin' Grand Prix. The Grand Prix, WTF???? There are other hosts who can attack that during the day. You're the morning show, the Stanley Cup is the hottest topic, what are you doing.

And then, it's not even soccer he goes to but this guy who represents the Limp Act ... on a goddamn play console. Interviews the guy like forever. WHO THE **** CARES. What is that crap, you're interviewing a goddamn gamer, a guy who presses buttons on a remote control made of plastic repeatedly, what does this have to do with sports. Wake the **** up. Anything that includes the word "soccer", Marinaro can't resist. I wish I could afford to buy the station so I could fire his ass. So goddamn senseless.

he keeps all the boys fed, the man has a job for life or until the station folds

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Michel Langevin announced this morning that he's leaving the morning show on 91.9 Sports FM and will head back to Outaouais to host a morning show there. He was very emotional today when he announced it.

RadioEGO.com - Michel Langevin annonce qu'il quitte la 91,9 SPORTS!

I have to say it sucks for me because when it comes to the morning show, between TSN690 and 91.9 Sports FM, I always listen to Langevin and Ciccone during my drive to work. I think they have great chemistry, are fun to listen to, they have the great guests in Martin Leclerc, Pierre Houde, and even had Joel Bouchard on once a week.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Michel Langevin announced this morning that he's leaving the morning show on 91.9 Sports FM and will head back to Outaouais to host a morning show there. He was very emotional today when he announced it.

RadioEGO.com - Michel Langevin annonce qu'il quitte la 91,9 SPORTS!

I have to say it sucks for me because when it comes to the morning show, between TSN690 and 91.9 Sports FM, I always listen to Langevin and Ciccone during my drive to work. I think they have great chemistry, are fun to listen to, they have the great guests in Martin Leclerc, Pierre Houde, and even had Joel Bouchard on once a week.
Ohhh no !!! What a bad news. I really liked his show ! Way much more than the others..

Any word on a possible replacement? It's too soon I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad