TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Michel Langevin announced this morning that he's leaving the morning show on 91.9 Sports FM and will head back to Outaouais to host a morning show there. He was very emotional today when he announced it.

RadioEGO.com - Michel Langevin annonce qu'il quitte la 91,9 SPORTS!

I have to say it sucks for me because when it comes to the morning show, between TSN690 and 91.9 Sports FM, I always listen to Langevin and Ciccone during my drive to work. I think they have great chemistry, are fun to listen to, they have the great guests in Martin Leclerc, Pierre Houde, and even had Joel Bouchard on once a week.

Same used to listen to 91.9 sports fm every morning with Langevin, Chico and Leclerc and before Leclerc it was Michel Villeneuve I believe. Still can't stand Langevin though so good riddance. Any idea who's taking his place?

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Any good Habs-centric podcasts? TSN 690 doesn't seem to upload any of their shows to podcast catches anymore.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
mario-tremblay.jpg

OohTKrPZ.jpg

giphy (2).gif

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So Tony where is this rumor of Lucic to the Habs or the Habs even being interested in Lucic and his albatross contract coming from? Sounds more like someone speculating because the Habs tried to sign him 2 years ago and Julien is now the Habs coach.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
So Tony where is this rumor of Lucic to the Habs or the Habs even being interested in Lucic and his albatross contract coming from? Sounds more like someone speculating because the Habs tried to sign him 2 years ago and Julien is now the Habs coach.
You just answered your own question.

The rhyme and reason behind Habs rumors are easy to decipher:

1. All francophone players are automatically linked to the Habs in any trade rumors about them.
2. Any player who has a buddy playing for the Habs will automatically be in play.
3. Any player who once played for the Habs' current coach or who has history with our current GM is assured to be rumored as a potential fit.
4. Any player of any heritage who comes from or has any tenuous connection to Montreal or the Province of Quebec is another automatic rumor.
5. A player is seen in and around Montreal during the off-season. He "must" be here to talk contract!

Lazy media types who struggle to find things to write or opine about during the off-season inevitably fall back on these reliable tropes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So the world renowned NHL talent analyst Tony Marinaro just declared that 20 year old Jesse Puljujarvi is a bust. Ok then..

You mean renowned soccer analyst between bites of whatever grub is put in front of him.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
You mean renowned soccer analyst between bites of whatever grub is put in front of him.

Tony is the smartest soccer guy in the entire world or he makes it sound like he is. :) He had all the answers on how to fix the Impact a week or 2 ago when I thought for sure he was gonna openly weep on air about how bad the Impact are.

Still calling a 20 year old 4th overall pick a bust this early is a bit premature IMO. He also talked OEL and about how bad the Coyotes were and how few good players they have. Hey Tony.. Look at the team in the city you work in before crapping on another NHL team. They aren't really overflowing with talent either.

Reactions: Runner77

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The only reason I like occasionally listening to Marinaro is when he goes ballistic about something Habs-related. He's also extremely good at trolling Bergevin. That soundbite from the golf tournament last year when Bergevin tried to say that the defense would be better because Benn could play on the top pair is the best. Every Habs fan who was listening knew in that instant that Bergevin had lost his marbles and Marinaro spoke for every one of us when he interrupted him and said, incredulously, "Jordie Benn to play with Weber!?!? You can't do that!"

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Still calling a 20 year old 4th overall pick a bust this early is a bit premature IMO. He also talked OEL and about how bad the Coyotes were and how few good players they have. Hey Tony.. Look at the team in the city you work in before crapping on another NHL team. They aren't really overflowing with talent either.
Plenty of posters here will declare whichever 19 or 20 year old the Habs select at #3 to be a bust before he even reaches the podium to put on the jersey.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
The only reason I like occasionally listening to Marinaro is when he goes ballistic about something Habs-related. He's also extremely good at trolling Bergevin. That soundbite from the golf tournament last year when Bergevin tried to say that the defense would be better because Benn could play on the top pair is the best. Every Habs fan who was listening knew in that instant that Bergevin had lost his marbles and Marinaro spoke for every one of us when he interrupted him and said, incredulously, "Jordie Benn to play with Weber!?!? You can't do that!"

So true, pretty much the only reason why I listened to his show, sadly that seems to have been curtailed by the bosses...everyone probably knows this but Bell is a minority owner of the Habs as well as owns that radio station. When they suggest that there is no conflict of interest there it makes me laugh lol

On a wider view, Bell also has a stake in the leafs ownership, how is that even allowed?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the same guy that said that Drouin was the best PP player in the league and that he would easily rack up 70 points this season.

We should try to find a way to render the sounds Marinaro would make, while speaking with his mouth full. It would capture ugh ... his essence.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Tony probably read it here. ToLegitToQuit has been talking about this for a while. Trading Lucic + 10th for Patches.

Reactions: sheed36

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Plenty of posters here will declare whichever 19 or 20 year old the Habs select at #3 to be a bust before he even reaches the podium to put on the jersey.
I think a lot of the fans here who act this way would change their tunes if they were paid to discuss things on live radio.

I call Bergevin a f***ing bozo here pretty regularly, but I would never say such things live as a radio host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad