TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
I actually enjoyed Nilan's interview with Shane Corson-and Corson talking about training camp and fighting Kordic. Nilan saved his life by not letting Kordic fight him again after Corson held his own the first time & hung on. I like Nilan's honest opinions-even though he may not be as fluid in his speaking. Good old days when winning was important-miss it.

Reactions: Laurentide

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I actually enjoyed Nilan's interview with Shane Corson-and Corson talking about training camp and fighting Kordic. Nilan saved his life by not letting Kordic fight him again after Corson held his own the first time & hung on. I like Nilan's honest opinions-even though he may not be as fluid in his speaking. Good old days when winning was important-miss it.

I like listening to Nilan when he's telling stories about his playing days. It's when he butts in and cuts others off especially when it's with his stupid hee haws. Drives me crazy.

Reactions: Tighthead

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I like listening to Nilan when he's telling stories about his playing days. It's when he butts in and cuts others off especially when it's with his stupid hee haws. Drives me crazy.

He seems to be pretty well respected among other players too. He got Tie Domi on recently who rarely does interviews and Rick Tocchet. Now I'm not saying that the station wouldn't have been able to land these interviews without him, just that ex-players do seem to relate to him.

I used to like watching Nilan on the Habs Inside Out Show with Stu Cowan but agree he can get a little ranty and seemed to have turned pro-management around the same time that Tony did.

Reactions: sheed36

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
No small amount of irony there when you look at his checkered past.
Nilan's substance abuse issues came about as he was trying to manage pain from all the fighting he was doing and the fear that all enforcers have to deal with when they know that they're going to have to fight in the next game. Every fight is a potential career ending event. That's a ton of pressure to deal with, especially when you're already still groggy from your last bout. Nilan took all these risks with his health so that he could stay in the line-up and not let his teammates or the paying customers down. I'm not about to crap on him for that. There's a reason why this guy who was picked 231st out of 234 in the draft became so beloved by Habs fans. He gave us an honest day's work every game. He literally bled for us.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Nilan's substance abuse issues came about as he was trying to manage pain from all the fighting he was doing and the fear that all enforcers have to deal with when they know that they're going to have to fight in the next game. Every fight is a potential career ending event. That's a ton of pressure to deal with, especially when you're already still groggy from your last bout. Nilan took all these risks with his health so that he could stay in the line-up and not let his teammates or the paying customers down. I'm not about to crap on him for that. There's a reason why this guy who was picked 231st out of 234 in the draft became so beloved by Habs fans. He gave us an honest day's work every game. He literally bled for us.
He bled for a blasted paycheck like all the enforcers in the league.
What I am saying is that he should be more sympathetic to young players messing up, because very few people mess up as much as him and survive.
It's like Keith Richards telling people not to do drugs. To quote Dennis Leary, drug users are waiting for Keith Richards to die because there are no drugs left. They are waiting to smoke his ashes.

Reactions: Tighthead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tony read my tweet complaining how there was a World Cup game on during draft day lol. He then spent 4 min detailing all the hockey programming they have in store haha. The BEST!

So that was you? I heard it, it was during the first 20 minutes of the show. I loved it. :laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just finished reading an article from Brendan Kelly in today's Montreal Gazette about a subject that's very taboo and cannot be discussed here. I won't link to here it since I suspect it would just be just removed. Still an interesting read though.

Edit: I even expect my post about the article to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad