TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-17_10-57-51.png

upload_2020-6-17_10-58-14.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Han on where the Canadiens struggle

“Han, a Verdun native, used to work with the Canadiens, and has worked with the Leafs as well in scouting, player development as well as being an assistance coach for the Toronto Marlies.”

“What inspired him to become a writer, and to get into hockey in general. new book, Hockey Tactics 2020. How in the past, it was good enough to just be a fast skater or a better shooter than your competitors (now however, there is a lot more required of a player in order to be successful, such as hockey IQ). Why Montreal doesn’t seem to produce the level of talent it used to, when guys like Lafleur and Lemieux were coming out of the region? The past season (, and if they are a team that has underachieved, or are they as bad as they’ve shown).. Drafting and player development, and if things have turned around for the Habs in this regard. The Subban for Weber deal. Petry is their best defenseman? Who has the higher ceiling, Kotkaniemi or Suzuki?”

Reactions: RBZ

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's a bit bizarre now as someone tweeted that the baby was found and is safe. But O'Toole responds contradicting it:

Whatever the case, if the baby is missing, praying for the kid's safety and return.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

As I posted above, O'Toole wasn't happy that someone Tweeted this same info and said that the police didn't notify him. But it's the official police Twitter account that reports that the baby is safe with the mother.

So there may be some family drama here.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Caught a few seconds of Melnicks show and always with Bern music,want blow out my brains! why such a hard on for this guy?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yea Sportsnet will have the games for Play-In & Playoffs in Canada.

In the States, the Play-In Series are regional broadcasts. And the Playoffs, as always, are the national broadcast.

In Canada, the entire thing will be a national broadcast.

Sucks because the best analysts in my book are Marc Denis, Ray Ferraro, and Mike Johnson. And they all work for RDS/TSN.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

In the States, the Play-In Series are regional broadcasts. And the Playoffs, as always, are the national broadcast.

Sucks because the best analysts in my book are Marc Denis, Ray Ferraro, and Mike Johnson. And they all work for RDS/TSN.
So the Play-In & Playoffs in Canada will be at CBC during the Saturday Night (as they're affiliated with Sportsnet)?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So the Play-In & Playoffs in Canada will be at CBC during the Saturday Night (as they're affiliated with Sportsnet)?

Yes. Game 1 of Habs/Pens is on August 1st, which is Saturday. So CBC will also broadcast that game. But Game 2 and 3 will be on Tuesday and Thursday, so the Habs games will only be on Sportsnet.

If you go on Sportsnets' broadcast schedule, you can see which channels will broadcast which games.

Reactions: Old Drunk Guy

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yes. Game 1 of Habs/Pens is on August 1st, which is Saturday. So CBC will also broadcast that game. But Game 2 and 3 will be on Tuesday and Thursday, so the Habs games will only be on Sportsnet.

If you go on Sportsnets' broadcast schedule, you can see which channels will broadcast which games.
Sucks can't attend games. Hope it doesn't spill over into next season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
RDS in financial trouble. (article in french.)

RDS n’est plus rentable

Jointe par La Presse, Bell Média, propriétaire de RDS, n’a pas souhaité commenter ces données.

How convenient. Bet you they wouldn't have minded blabbering about themselves if revenues had been up.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

Marc Denis is an absolute treasure. Professional, precise in his explanations, really rich vocabulary. Though I think we cant separate his qualities from the mentorship he got from the legend Pierre Houde, who's by himself one of the best play-by-play dude of all-time.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Marc Denis is an absolute treasure. Professional, precise in his explanations, really rich vocabulary. Though I think we cant separate his qualities from the mentorship he got from the legend Pierre Houde, who's by himself one of the best play-by-play dude of all-time.
Ma parole, that's mighty high praise.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Ma parole, that's mighty high praise.
I'm perpetually disappointed everytime I have to listen to the TVA feed. Felix Séguin's voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard. Honestly RDS duo deserves the praise because it is the strongest they've had imo. Pierre Houde was always great and cared about details, but his partners werent always geniuses... *cough*Brunet*cough*.

It's just a shame that we wont hear them call playoff games before Pierre is too old and needs to retire. He already lost a step in the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: peate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad