Rumor: Trouba was an Avs Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think Trouba's stock is low...in fact, I think it's INSANELY high right now for guy that's never put up 30 points in a season yet. He's a good young, top-4 d-man with room to improve but some people are speculating like he's a slam dunk, future franchise d-man. I don't think he becomes that. When you factor in the contract issues, it's hard to gauge where his value is truly at. Would he accept a long-term deal like Seth Jones and Ristolainen? If not, that's a tough one.

As for you 2nd point, that's the worst argument one can make, imo. Since Letang is the Penguins best defender does that mean he has more value that Malkin, the team's 2nd best forward??? It's a bad argument...for obvious reasons.

Which predictions would those be?

No it holds water. You just took it to an extreme case. Look at the rosters around the league the teams best defender usually is much better than their 5th best forward or even 3/4. Unless, they have a ****** D core.

As for the bold...see below.

People need to start to pump the brakes on the Trouba hype though, the songs the indians sing about his awesomeness in the mountains are starting to reach Jeff Finger proportions. :laugh:

I'll admit, I'm a big fan of Trouba's and always have been. I think he can be an excellent top-4, (probably top pairing) 2-way d-man but I don't think this guy is a franchise d-man like some to seem to think he is. At the time of his draft, I compared him to Erik Johnson and I think that's a pretty good comparable. He's not going to quarterback your PP...he's more of a 2nd unit guy on the PP and he'll show in time to be able to play big minutes and play a shut-down role. Sound familiar?

Prepare to be surprised. He may end up as 2nd line center because MacKinnon is #1 but Jost is going to make a lot of people forget about ROR.

You claimed Trouba will probably be a top pairing guy. Jost 2nd liner, in name only due to the fact Mack is here. Sooo.

So is a future top pair of Zadorov-Meloche...

Yup, it could be as good a pairing as Shatty-Cohen were. If we're really lucky one of them could even be another Nigel Williams good.:amazed:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Once again, where are you getting this idea that Jost will be our 5th (3rd/4th) best forward?

Don't blame Bender this time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Once again, where are you getting this idea that Jost will be our 5th (3rd/4th) best forward?

Don't blame Bender this time.

That's a different question.

Do you actually anticipate him being better than Mack, Duchene,Landy or Ranta? Sure, he has a chance to be better more the latter two but it's highly unlikely.

I'm not blaming anyone... He clearly calls Trouba being a top pairing (probable) and Jost 1/2nd liner.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Do you actually anticipate him being better than Mack, Duchene,Landy or Ranta? Sure, he has a chance to be better more the latter two but it's highly unlikely.

I'm not blaming anyone... He clearly calls Trouba being a top pairing (probable) and Jost 1/2nd liner.

I don't think anyone knows what Jost will be yet.

A year ago, you could have made the same argument for trading Rantanen.

Usually teams see what they have before trading their top ten draft picks. Seems like a smart strategy.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
No way Foote drops to 31st overall.

LOL-black-guy-gif.gif

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Same question, just only about Jost.

You are the only one anticipating anything by claiming he will only be our 5th best forward. Highly unlikely? Based on what? It's not like we have superstar forwards. Duchene is a 60 point player. Nothing so unlikely to surpass for a highly toughted 18 year old.

1st/2nd liner does not equal 5th best. A couple years ago Kane played a lot away from Toews. Malkin and Crosby get split up all the time. And he even said he would only be on the 2nd line because of Mack. So yeah, stop blaming someone else for you thinking Jost will be 5th best or whatever.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Thinking aloud; Beauchemin?

They send Sergachev back to junior, we call up Bigras, Beauch goes close to home and to a team with a better chance of winning.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'd say Montreal is looking for a contract to take in return for Andrighetto.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Same question, just only about Jost.

You are the only one anticipating anything by claiming he will only be our 5th best forward. Highly unlikely? Based on what? It's not like we have superstar forwards. Duchene is a 60 point player. Nothing so unlikely to surpass for a highly toughted 18 year old.

1st/2nd liner does not equal 5th best. A couple years ago Kane played a lot away from Toews. Malkin and Crosby get split up all the time. And he even said he would only be on the 2nd line because of Mack. So yeah, stop blaming someone else for you thinking Jost will be 5th best or whatever.

lol 60 point player. yeah we're done here.

FYI, you're using that word wrong again. I'm not blaming anyone he said 1st/2nd liner. I said he'll likely not beat out anyone of the core pieces for forwards. Doesn't mean he won't.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

They send Sergachev back to junior, we call up Bigras, Beauch goes close to home and to a team with a better chance of winning.

Doubt they would have given him a letter is they were considering moving him.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
lol 60 point player. yeah we're done here.

FYI, you're using that word wrong again. I'm not blaming anyone he said 1st/2nd liner. I said he'll likely not beat out anyone of the core pieces for forwards. Doesn't mean he won't.

Oh of course, I forgot if it wasn't for everyone else Duchene would be the top scoring player in the league. What a stupid thing to laugh at.

That's not what he said.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Assuming Bergevin was looking at the Avs not the Stars, I'm having a hard time seeing who he might have been scouting.

Comeau seems doubtful, as they need him too much still. McLeod, Mitchell and Gelinas weren't playing so they seem doubtful. The Bourque's, Colborne, and Smith just signed.

The fact that he came himself to game 1 of the Avs, kinda sounds like it's a deal that might be close. That would eliminate an out of left field blockbuster like Duchene or Landy because that's not happening at this point of the season. As if it was likely anyway.

Maybe EJ, if they're looked to target Trouba in a three way trade, though I still have a hard time seeing them moving him only a year after signing him long term.

Maybe Grigo, though I don't know why. They need a lot of these guys for depth, and they're not likely to bring back enough to warrant it.

Maybe Soda to be replaced by Mikko, but that seems unnecessarily aggressive this early. Just keep both.

Barrie and Beauch seem doubtful to me. Barrie just signed, and they just need Beauch too much. Not to mention they just gave him an A.

Feels like if anything, it's a trade for a guy that isn't needed any more on the Avs, but a lot of those guys weren't playing tonight.

The one guy who's name jumps out to me in this instance is Iggy. Likely with 50% retained. I know he wants security and everything, but at some point he's got to realize he's down to his last couple cracks at a cup. Giving the A to Beauch might actually be a sign they were looking to move him. I feel like he's been linked to Montreal in the past as well.

Then again, Bergevin being there could be something completely unrelated to trading with the Avs.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I hope to God the Habs take Iggy off our hands if he waves. I don't care if we only get a 3rd back just get him out of here.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He's the type of player they like. I doubt it happens because he just got an A and Bednar has spoken highly of him but who knows.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Man reading the Jets board about Trouba, its insane how delusional they are regarding his value.

They're expecting to get some insane value back. They think a deal with the Avs would have Jost as a throw in piece. From Boston they're expecting Carlo + McAvoy + Zboril...

Absolutely delusional. They think Trouba is worth more then Larsson even. A guy who is unsigned, has requested a trade, and has taken steps back the last two years. And they think he's worth more then a Dman signed long term on a steal contract and faces the toughest minutes in the entire NHL.

Gonna be hilarious when the Trouba trade happens and it's for half of what Jets fans expect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad