Rumor: Trouba was an Avs Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
This whole Iginla situation just really sucks. I'm so thankful for him helping Canada win two Olympic medals and the fun run to the 2004 Stanley Cup Final. I was super excited he signed here because he's Iginla and was doing well still in old age. Just disappointed to see how things have shaken out. All sides are unhappy with what's going on. I'll be both happy and sad when Iginla's time here is done.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This whole Iginla situation just really sucks. I'm so thankful for him helping Canada win two Olympic medals and the fun run to the 2004 Stanley Cup Final. I was super excited he signed here because he's Iginla and was doing well still in old age. Just disappointed to see how things have shaken out. All sides are unhappy with what's going on. I'll be both happy and sad when Iginla's time here is done.

Used to be my favorite player outside an Avs sweater. Wish our jerseys were better, or i'd buy one lol. Sad to wish him off the team.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Want to jump in to agree with the prior Iginla comments. So much respect for the man and his game. I always hated the Flames but respected Iginla vehemently.

I am proud to own an Avs jersey with his name as he is one of the greats, but clearly we missed his best years.

I'd not feel the same sentiment if our coaching staff was both smart and brave enough to realize the proper role for him as it stands, but this is asinine.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't give a **** about Iginla. Guy gets paid a ton of money and has had a hell of a career, but at the very least put an effort in. He looks like he is hardly trying out there. Put him on waivers for all I care

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
Putting Iginla on waivers would be bad ass. Then say to the team that if you coast around all season there will be consequences, if that doesn't light a fire under their buts then nothing will.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, I adamantly believe blowing up or trading the core right now is the worst possible thing we can do. I said it before the season started (and got ripped apart for it mind you), but patience is the key this year.

As I said, we will be in for a world of hurt, BUT if that lands us a potential marquee player like Nolan Patrick, then we open up heaps of space with Stuart, Mitchell, Iginla (& maybe Varlamov if Vegas don't elect to take Fleury).

We get a D-man, as well as a blue chip forward.

Top 6 of: Landeskog, Patrick, Duchene, Mackinnon, Rantanen (and acquire a blue chip forward to round that out).

That then leaves Grigorenko, Soderberg, Colborne, Compher, (possibly Jost) & other for the bottom 6.

Go with Johnson, Barrie, Zadorov & Bigras as your D, and bring in one or two real quality D players to support.

Run with Pickard, and get him a veteran who will back-up on the cheap.

I think people are coming to the realisation, this current team isn't going anywhere finally. The best possible outcome in all of this, is an amazing player at the draft - and for that, hedge the bets and suck it big time - sorry.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Guys, I adamantly believe blowing up or trading the core right now is the worst possible thing we can do. I said it before the season started (and got ripped apart for it mind you), but patience is the key this year.

As I said, we will be in for a world of hurt, BUT if that lands us a potential marquee player like Nolan Patrick, then we open up heaps of space with Stuart, Mitchell, Iginla (& maybe Varlamov if Vegas don't elect to take Fleury).

We get a D-man, as well as a blue chip forward.

Top 6 of: Landeskog, Patrick, Duchene, Mackinnon, Rantanen (and acquire a blue chip forward to round that out).

That then leaves Grigorenko, Soderberg, Colborne, Compher, (possibly Jost) & other for the bottom 6.

Go with Johnson, Barrie, Zadorov & Bigras as your D, and bring in one or two real quality D players to support.

Run with Pickard, and get him a veteran who will back-up on the cheap.

I think people are coming to the realisation, this current team isn't going anywhere finally. The best possible outcome in all of this, is an amazing player at the draft - and for that, hedge the bets and suck it big time - sorry.
Where do you get this blue chip player and where do you get 2 real quality D players? Free agency? You might want to look at who might be available and how much they're going to cost if they even want to come play for Colorado.

If not free agency then where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille