Rumor: Trouba was an Avs Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Sven is a good AHLer, I have my reservation about him ever being an NHLer (still better than Martinsen though), other Habs fans will undoubtedly lose their minds if he gets claimed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How Anaheim fits Lindholm in now is going to be really interesting. Only ~350k in space. A Fowler for futures deal has to be in the cards to start, but they still need more.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
How Anaheim fits Lindholm in now is going to be really interesting. Only ~350k in space. A Fowler for futures deal has to be in the cards to start, but they still need more.

Overpay to get someone to take Stoner?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm more hoping that Z and Bigras progress to where the Avs don't have to make a move for a defensemen. :nod:

Looking at it though, Cogliano would be a great target (really doubt Anaheim will move him though).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fowler seems like the most likely one to go. Maybe another good player too because I don't think they're moving one of those bad contracts unless they're adding something good.

I wonder which team will give up some good assets to acquire Fowler and put him on their top pairing. Only to realize they'll then need to acquire someone else to replace Fowler on their top pairing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bobby Mac once again throws the Avs in there as having significant interest in Trouba.

He was just spitballing about possibilities and then wondered if the Jets might change their stance eventually. "What if the Colorado Avalanche really want Jacob Trouba? What if the Jets looking at the Avs decided to go in a different direction knowing they're not getting a similar defenseman. Would Winnipeg have interest in a player like Tyson Jost?"

He made it clear he's not reporting anything but just speculating aloud.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Someone on the Ducks board did the math. They have 350k in space, but that's with a 25 man roster according to capfriendly. They just claimed Etem, so then can waive Boll / Raymond, send down Larsson, trade Fowler for an ELC, and they'll have just over 6 million in cap space. That math was done with the assumption they have 1.2 million in space however.

Bobby Mac once again throws the Avs in there as having significant interest in Trouba.

He was just spitballing about possibilities and then wondered if the Jets might change their stance eventually. "What if the Colorado Avalanche really want Jacob Trouba? What if the Jets looking at the Avs decided to go in a different direction knowing they're not getting a similar defenseman. Would Winnipeg have interest in a player like Tyson Jost?"

Uh oh.

The Avs have been linked to Trouba since May. There's definitely serious interest there.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Do we even have enough cap space for Trouba? Doesn't he want $7M? If Trouba was a lefty, I'd consider trading Jost for him. I'm high on Jost, though.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Do we even have enough cap space for Trouba? Doesn't he want $7M? If Trouba was a lefty, I'd consider trading Jost for him. I'm high on Jost, though.

Trouba won't get 7 million, the precedent has been set for ~5.5 million. But the Avs don't have even close to enough cap space.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We don't have the cap space and there's also the RHD issue. I think he mainly just wants out of Winnipeg but that's probably still something he won't be too happy about. So someone would need to move to the left side or get moved out.

Could we get a good prospect/young player for EJ in this hypothetical and probably unrealistic scenario?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Sakic wasn't trying for Trouba I'd seriously question his competence as a GM. His willingness to pony up what's required as well as long-term cap considerations are different matters entirely.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

He made it clear he's not reporting anything but just speculating aloud.

Jost for Trouba...eeek I dont know man. Not cool with that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jost for Trouba...eeek I dont know man. Not cool with that.

Yeah. I'd love to add Trouba but that's tough. Call it shiny new toy or whatever but I don't want to trade Jost. I feel like we'd really regret it.

Good thing a trade like that makes no sense, like many of the Trouba scenarios.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I think the trade that would make most sense for us would be a 3-way trade with EJ going elsewhere. Finding that 3rd team and making the trade even is another story entirely. Honestly, Trouba is good but I do not want to trade Jost for him.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't mind Jost for Trouba, but it just doesn't make much sense. There would have to be another trade the sent Barrie/EJ for an ELC.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Are we really that desperate for D anymore. Sure it would be nice to add Trouba but not to the dregree of trying to make anything work.

Would be stupid to sell low on Jost now before seeing what he does this season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure how desperate we are but we keep getting mentioned as a team with significant interest. It doesn't seem like the usual "their D is bad so they must be interested in any half decent D" stuff either. For some reason we stay connected to Trouba. His agent is based in Denver so maybe something coming from there? That doesn't really make sense either but I don't know.

I don't want to trade Jost either but I don't think that would be considered selling low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad