Rumor: Trouba was an Avs Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dreger believes Trouba would love to play for his hometown Wings.

Might as well just take him off the wish list as there's something clearly not right with him.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think these days pts. in junior matter more. I mean these kids are gonna end up playing against each other in the bigs anyways. They are like within 3 to 5 years of each other.
This year looks to be pretty nuts in terms of younglings.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dreger believes Trouba would love to play for his hometown Wings.

Might as well just take him off the wish list as there's something clearly not right with him.

It's not a smart decision business-wise, but part of me wants to see the Jets just let him sit at home and sulk for the entire year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yep. If Trouba isn't traded by then, he will cave to get his season.

Oh I dunno...I guess it depends how stubborn he is. I guess he could always sign in the KHL until he gets his way?

If the guy has zero interest in staying in Winnipeg, I don't think a deadline like that will change his mind. I think there will be more pressure on the Jets and Cheveldayoff to get something done, especially if they struggle.

I remember the Ozolinsh holdout and it was brutal. It affected the whole team until he signed in frikkin' January.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh I dunno...I guess it depends how stubborn he is. I guess he could always sign in the KHL until he gets his way?

If the guy has zero interest in staying in Winnipeg, I don't think a deadline like that will change his mind. I think there will be more pressure on the Jets and Cheveldayoff to get something done, especially if they struggle.

I remember the Ozolinsh holdout and it was brutal. It affected the whole team until he signed in frikkin' January.

Then we can watch whoever signs him to an offer-sheet end up forced to put him on waivers lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
trouba will cave before december 1st.

It's a good bet that it takes every bit of that time as well. We've seen how Chevy approaches trades before to help his team. He just won't do anything if he doesn't like the deal.

They have a decent D core without Trouba, and they're in kind of a transition year where they don't have much pressure to make the playoffs. So if the holdout affects the team, so be it. Chevy really holds all the cards here, and will just wait to get the specific need he wants in return.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I bet LA goes after McIlrath. If any team and their style of play can get something out of him, it's them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sounds like he's more on waivers due to Radulov and Shaw getting his minutes with Gallagher also returning.

Absolutely make a claim for him, had a solid season last year and will be given more of a chance here than there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
And the Avs wouldn't have to waive anybody either (at least until Rants is ready to go)... just put Mitchell on IR where he will end up anyway.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He's actually decent defensively which is what makes him intriguing.

I don't think he gets claimed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad